“Great Family Holiday”

Ranked #40 of 250 Hotels in Kuta
Sydney, Australia
“Great Family Holiday”
Reviewed June 12, 2014

We have just returned from 10 nights at the Bali Garden Resort and wish we were still there. We had a family holiday consisting of 14 adults and 5 children. We absolutely loved it. Our rooms were great, (family rooms and superior rooms both good), the hotel grounds and pools were fantastic and the food at the boardwalk was beyond expectation. We booked a table for 19 on our first night and nothing was a problem for the staff. Food was excellent and wow what a sunset. They have entertainment every night consisting of live music (extremely good) traditional Balinese dancers (great) and Acrobat show. The kids loved the pools and the proximinity to the beach, releasing baby turtles to the sea on a beautiful Balinese afternoon just 500m from the resort. Breakfast was really good with a great selection for everyone. Kids fed the fish around the breakfast area every morning. The resort is placed in a great location as the waterbom park and discovery mall is literally meters away. We ate at several local resturants across the road and would highly recommend the El Rustico Mexican and the Bella Italia Italian. Another highlight was the Brazilian BBQ at kuta town houses. Book a table and get picked up at the lobby by an open tuk tuk free of charge. Kids and adults loved the experience. $12.50pp AUD all you can eat meat and salad bar. But back to the resort. We loved everything about it and after being back for 24hrs are already looking at dates for next year this time for 25 people. Oh by the way there was no partying youngsters or booming music, just people enjoying the resort.

Room Tip: Ask for family rooms 121-125 (they have courtyards) Ask for superior rooms 363-365 (newer)
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
10 Thank Caryn W
BaliGarden, Marketing Communication Manager at Bali Garden Beach Resort, responded to this review, July 2, 2014
Dear Caryn W,
Warmest Greeting from Bali Garden Beach Resort...

Thank you so much for your review.
We are glad to hear that you enjoyed all aspects of your recent stay at Bali Garden Beach Resort. We appreciate all points you made in your comments, since it will serve as an encouragement to all our staff to continuously improve the quality of our hotel, customer service and guest well-being.

It is our hope that we will be welcoming your return to Bali Garden Beach Resort in the future.

smm@baligardenbeachresort.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (505)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hungarian first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Reviewed June 12, 2014

I have stayed here 2 times before and it gets better every time I stayed. Nice rooms with nice garden out the front of first floor rooms. The lobby is very nice and has a very good Balinese feel to it. Excellent location with Waterbom Park literally across the road and the Discovery Shopping Centre right next door. The breakfast has got to be the best breakfast I have had in my life with a variety to eat. The boardwalk restaurant has never failed me and has always exceeded my expectations with the great food and beachfront location. The pool bar has got a nice feel to it as everyone is chilled out drinking their bintangs.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Dylan R
Dear Dylan R,
Warmest Greeting from Bali Garden Beach Resort...

I really appreciate your great review. We are delighted to serve you as our guest and you are right, we have the best accommodation location close to everywhere.

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with such valuable feedback and hope you will give us the opportunity to serve you better. I look forward to welcoming you back and if I could be any assistance in the future reservations, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Kalgoorlie
Reviewed June 11, 2014

Had a family trip to Bali and stayed here for the 4th time. The gounds and the staff are great though the rooms are getting tired though in saying this they are very clean. Yes the towels are yellow and some are threadbare and I note that there has been many complaints about this and of course management say they will fix it though they never do as they would have to pay more to get nice towels like the 4 and 5 star hotels do. Rates however are reasonable to stay here and the location is fantastic. Meals and drinks around the Boardwalk and Beach Bar were fine thought the new Italian Rest left a lot to be desired. Food was cold and the drinks hot and tasteless. I asked the waitress to pop my dinner in the microwave and it took 20 mins to come back cold again I gave up and didn't eat it. The other meals were not much different so wouldn't go back as it was expensive. May try somewhere else if we went back to Bali again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank DebbieKalgoorlie
BaliGarden, Marketing Communication Manager at Bali Garden Beach Resort, responded to this review, June 27, 2014
Dear DebbieKalgoorlie,
Warmest Greeting from Bali Garden Beach Resort...

Thank you fro taking the time to tell us about all your experience at Bali Garden and our restaurant.
I am truly sorry if our serve did not meet your expectations. Please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

We have certainly addressed the issue you have experienced. Please rest assured that we really are talking the appropriate measures to address your problem and prevent future occurrence.

This is certainly not the impression we would wish you to leave with. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the future.

Reviewed June 11, 2014

Staff were very friendly, polite and attentive. The Hotel and rooms were clean and well maintained. The food was great in all the hotel restaurants and the A/C in our room worked well.
The gardens are amazing and full of quiet places to relax and enjoy the tranquillity.
The pools are clean and safe and one is adults only, the Spa is well priced and very relaxing.
Location is fantastic with direct beach access and uninterrupted sunset views over Kuta beach.
Shopping is great as your only minutes walk away from the markets and major shopping centres.
Waterbom park is just across the road.
Great family hotel and quiet enough for a romantic getaway.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Geoff R
Dear Geoff R,
Warmest Greeting from Bali Garden Beach Resort...

Thank you so much for your review.
We are glad to hear that you enjoyed all aspects of your recent stay at our resort.
We appreciate all points you have made in your comments, since it will serve as an encouragement to all our staff to continuously improve the quality of our hotel, customer service and guest well being.

It is our hope that we will be welcoming your return to our resort in near future.

Perth Hills, Australia
Reviewed June 11, 2014 via mobile

I highly recommend this hotel.
The staff are amazing and cannot do enough for you.
The hotel rooms are clean and you definitely get the feel of being on holidays being surrounded by ponds and beautiful gardens.
The swim up bar is a real hit and there is enough room even when the kids are running riot in the pool.
Great for families and with security walking around it felt safe...

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Sally R
Dear Sally R,
Warmest Greeting from Bali Garden Beach Resort…

It is always encouraging when our guests have a wonderful and fantastic stay at our resort.
I will pass on your comments to the Bali Garden Team and again we really appreciate your positive response.
We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed June 10, 2014

I just stayed at the Bali Gardens this month with a group of friends. The hotel was adequate. had it's good points and not so good points. We had a deluxe room but it was very basic. Bathroom very small. We needed to ask for extra cups ,glasses and towels as the rooms weren't properly equipped. Breakfast was OK. Pool area was nice, boardwalk cafe was great, looking out to the beach with very good food. Pools were nice but everything was a bit dated.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking gardens were very quiet.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Sue L,
Warmest Greeting from Bali Garden Beach Resort

I really appreciate your review. We are delighted to serve you as our guest.
Thank you for taking time to provide us with such valuable feedback, and hope you will give us the opportunity to serve you better. I look forward to welcoming you back and if I could be any assistance in the future reservations, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed June 3, 2014

I just returned from my week long stay at Bali Gardens!
This was my 4th time to bali and I must say upon arriving at the hotel and seeing our room I was in tears and immediately wanted to leave.
The issues I found with the resort:
Extremely old, dirty and dated. In need of a major refurb. With all the amazing hotels in bali they really need to pick up there act! (We only stayed here as it was a group trip and our friends booked here)
Extremely expensive for what it is. We paid close to $160 per night, this hotel should be charging $100 max and it should be 2 star!
No wi fi in rooms! The only place you get wifi is down at there restaurant. I have never stayed anywhere in bali that didn't offer free wifi!! Dissapointing.
Bathroom was dirty and falling apart, towels were grey(no longer white) bedding was marked and dirty.
Breakfast was average at best. Half the time I couldn't even be bothered eating there (We stayed at stones last year were the breakfast was the bets I had ever seen, nothing could compare)
You had to hire pool towels and some days none were available.
I also didn't think the boardwalk café was great!

Overall I actually can't say a positive thing about the experience and would never recommend this hotel to anyone! I have paid the same price and stayed in beautiful 5 star resorts in bali!

Room Tip: Stay elsewhere!
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
6 Thank Rhilee11
Dear Rhilee11,
Warmest Greeting from Bali Garden Beach Resort…

Thank you for taking the time to tell us all about your experience at our resort.
I am truly sorry that our service did not meet your expectations. Please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

We have certainly addressed the issues you have experienced in our resort. Your experience is certainly not in keeping with our normal standards. I would be pleased if you could contact me direct on smm@baligardenbeachresort.com in order to discuss your issue and find a satisfactory solution.

We value your feedback and nevertheless, I am pleased that you have sufficient faith in us to bring this problem to our attention, thus giving us opportunity to put this right.