“Still a very good hotel”

Bali Garden Beach Resort
Ranked #38 of 251 Hotels in Kuta
Perth, Australia
“Still a very good hotel”
Reviewed March 20, 2014

This was our 6th stay at this hotel, firstly its not the best hotel around but is certainly not the worst, but we like it :) Checkin was quick and easy, our room clean and tidy, we were on the 3rd floor overlooking the gardens so no complaints. Overall a pleasant stay with only a couple of issues firstly the lift as mentioned in other contributors reviews, if your room is to close to the lift you are going to hear the doors closing, its that loud,(this happens on all floors). And secondly the only free wifi is down by the boardwalk/pool area, maybe it time for free wifi throughout the whole resort as offer by other hotels? But overall we would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank BnRPerth
BaliGarden, Social Media Marketing Manager at Bali Garden Beach Resort, responded to this review, March 21, 2014
Dear BnRPerth,
Warmest Greeting from Bali Garden Beach Resort...

I am very thrilled to hear that this is your 6th stay at Bali Garden. We really appreciate your loyalty.

Please allow me to express my sincerest apologies regarding on the lift. I have certainly addressed that issue with the management team. Soon we will change our lift into brand new lift. Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent future occurrence.

We appreciate your sharing and concern. I wish you could give up opportunity to put that right. I look forward to welcoming you back and if I could be any assistance in the future reservations, please do not hesitate to contact me.

smm@baligardenbeachresort.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (510)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hungarian first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Adelaide
Reviewed March 18, 2014

As regular Bali visitors we stayed at this hotel for approximately two weeks. We did this based on previous observations of the beach side pool area and internet research.
Overall we had an enjoyable stay however there are good and bad aspects to this hotel which need to be stated.
The Good- Hotel has manicured, well established gardens and the choice of three well maintained pools. One of these is adjacent to and overlooking Kuta beach and is a lovely setting. The Boardwalk restaurant envelopes this pool are and is a relaxing way to spend a few hours. The hotel is also very well located with the typical beach to street access arrangement and is adjacent to Discovery Plaza shopping centre, a plethora of good quality restaurants, Waterbom Park and is only a quick five minute stroll to Kuta Square. There is never a shortage of things to do and although in the thick of the action the hotel is set back far enough from the street ( Jl Kartika Plaza) that noise is never a problem.
There is also an in house money changer which, while not providing the best rate, is very quick and handy.
The Bad- Unfortunately the good quality of the pools , gardens and the hotels location are in a sense also its undoing. The hotel proper is generally very run down and it seems as though the aforementioned good points are there to offset this.
Rooms are clean but are looking tired. There is no power point for hairdryer/shaver etc in bathroom and no DVD player. DVD players are mythically available for hire but seem non existent and after several times of asking we ended up purchasing one and giving it away to a grateful local bar employee later in the week. Only one bed side table which seems trivial but is nevertheless a basic requirement and annoying after two weeks.
Breakfast is basic and essentially is the same fare day after day. Nothing wrong with it but gets monotonous after a while.
Table service at the Boardwalk pool side tables is interesting. You will be approached when you initially sit down but if you want the bill or a follow up drink I suggest you take a flare gun to get the wait staffs attention.
The piece de resistance is the ageing lift. This is nothing short of a death trap. This relic slams its doors shut with a force that could do injury to a child or infirm person. Hand rails are so loose that they would fall off if any weight was applied. Lift is also used by staff as the service lift so it's not infrequent to be gazzumped by a trolley load of towels so you will find yourself using the stairs from the fourth floor with frequency anyway.
The lift did have a major upgrade while we were there though. To counteract the fact that the plastic floor number buttons had long since fallen off some enterprising individual had placed masking tape on the internals of the buttons and had penned the floor numbers on. Thats progress for you.
Should be said that as a general comment the staff were very friendly.
Overall we had a good time but some of these shortcomings were a source of conversation during our stay and on balance we would consider staying somewhere else next tiem

Room Tip: Upper floors are best.
2 Thank TonyKylie
BaliGarden, Marketing Communication Manager at Bali Garden Beach Resort, responded to this review, April 4, 2014
Dear TonyKylie,
Warmest Greeting from Bali Garden Beach Resort...

Thank you so much for your detail and great review. We are delighted to serve you as our guest, but I apologies if you still found some issues regarding on our room facilities and services.

Our management has acknowledge your comments and will take a good measure to continue to improve our product and service. We have discussed each issue to each responsible department to ensure that this does not happen to our future guest.

I appreciate your sharing and concern. I would be please if you could contact me direct on smm@baligardenbeachresort.com in order to discuss your issues and find a satisfactory solution. If I could be any assistance in your future reservation, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Hawker, Australia
Reviewed March 17, 2014

I stayed on the 4th floor in room 437 in early March for 2 weeks, I found this hotel to be in a fantastic location right on the beach, this hotel has three pools one with a great pool bar.

The Boadwalk restaurant has fantastic food and very reasonably priced, there is also many great restaurants close by.

The staff are very helpful, when we first arrived we were given a room on the ground floor that had a bad smell out side, as soon as we raised this with reception we were moved.

The only negative thing I could say about this hotel is the lift is a little scarey, but overall I loved my stay and will definitely booking to stay again next year.

1 Thank Danielle F
Dear Danielle F,
Warmest Greeting from Bali Garden Beach Resort...

I really appreciate your great review. We are delighted to serve you a our guest and you are right, we have a great location.

We have certainly addressed the issues about the lift. We are going to replace our current lift with a brand new lift. Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent future occurrence.

We appreciate your sharing and concern. Hope you will give us the opportunity to serve you better. I look forward to welcoming you back and if I could be any assistance in the future reservations, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed March 16, 2014

We stayed at Bali garden for 9 nights last week. "Early march 2014" we stayed in a deluxe room facing the gardens. The room was very old and bathroom was mouldy! The rooms and bathrooms need renovating lots. The wifi that we bought didn't work I'm the room 171 or 172.

The pool and all that were nice! Nothing outstanding.

By the way bed was very nice to sleep in

We did love our stay In Bali but the hotel does need some renovating.

Hope this helps everyone. We have been to Bali 3 times and will be back again!! Will try another resort next time.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Dear Philippa P,
Warmest Greeting from Bali Garden Beach Resort...

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at Bali Garden Beach Resort.
I am truly sorry if our room did not meet your expectations. Please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

I have certainly addressed your comment to the management team as we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer.

Once again we appreciate your sharing and concern. I hope you will give us the opportunity to serve you better in the future.

Reviewed March 12, 2014

I stayed at the Bali Garden Beach Resort with my sister for 7 nights in March and we were not disappointed. Our room which was on the 4th floor had been renovated and had views of the pool and the beach. Check in was nice and easy and the room presented very well, nice and clean, spacious with T.V, phone, small fridge, safe and good size verandah. Breakfast was average, but really how much do you need for breakfast, get there early as sitting outside is my more pleasant than inside, if they had there breakfasts at the Boardwalk it would be fantastic, inside of breakfast area if crowded is like Coles cafeteria, but the staff are extremely pleasant. Main pool are with swim up bar is excellent, there is also a quieter pool behind this with a spa, not children allowed in spa, there is also another pool which faces straight out to the beach which was lovely to swim in. Boardwalk restaurant I have mixed options about some nights good, some not as good but again staff fantastic, there is also a Italian next door at the front of hotel, turn rights a few doors down and it is owned by Bali Gardens and food was superb, grilled tiger prawns and the Lamb, you also get a little book when you check in giving you discount at the local restaurants which is very handy. We also ate at Bamboo restaurant next to Water Bomb park and wow the food there is excellent, on a Wednesday night they have a Beatles tribute night which is excellent, there are many good restaurants to eat at and Kuta is only a 10 minute walk, quicker if you walk along the beach. Great place to stay, I am booked again for January, and would definitely recommend, sitting at the Boardwalk and looking straight out to the beach is fantastic, although I said the food was not always as good as other places the prices are extremely good, also wine prices are o.k., about $8.50 Australian per glass.

Room Tip: rooms on the 4th floor have great views.
4 Thank CaronC255103
BaliGarden, Social Media Marketing Manager at Bali Garden Beach Resort, responded to this review, March 20, 2014
Dear CaronC255103,
Warmest Greeting from Bali Garden Beach Resort...

Thank you so much for your review.
We are glad to hear that you enjoyed all aspects of your recent stay at our resort. We appreciate all points you made in your comments, since it will serve as an encouragement to all our staff to continuously improve the quality of our hotel, customer service and guest well-being.

It is our hope that we will be welcoming your return to Bali Garden in the future.

Reviewed March 11, 2014

My goodness how the once mighty have drastically fallen!! I have stayed at the Bali Garden 4 times now in 2008,2009,2012 and in Jan this year. Everything which made this hotel a favourite for so many has vanished.

Upon checking in at 1500hrs we were informed that our 'Deluxe' room was not ready but they had a 'Superior' room we could have instead!! We checked the superior room and quite frankly it was dank and disgusting. After we eventually got the keys for our deluxe room it was worse than the superior room!! Cracked tiles and dirty bathroom, threadbare towells, leaking and useless air conditioner, in room safe did not work, power point near the desk was black and had either shorted out or blown up and the list continues....needless to say we complained and enquired if we could have another room. The lady at reception gave me a filthy look and said she would check with the manager but never came back even after waiting 10 minutes!!

Eventually we were shown another deluxe room which whilst not looking much better than the first, at least the basic amenities worked. After we un-packed we headed down for a swim and a cold drink. What a shock this was. Pool bar and front bar full of drunken yobbo Aussies swearing like drunken sailors making it quite un-pleasant for all to be around and then to top it off the water in the pool is so bloody warm it is not even refreshing!! Certainly not the same place I remember from little over 18 months ago!!

I will list the pros and cons in point form now :-

* Breakfast was like a cattle stampede, no tables cleared away etc.. Staff just standing around almost doing nothing!! Eggs and Bacon + toast OK but not much else worth writing about

* Food and drink prices still very reasonable and a lovely setting. Boardwalk Restaurant is till very nice which was a positive

* Staff which were once very friendly are quite surly and un-helpful now. Cleaning standards have dropped significantly. Free Wi-Fi advertised but only available in restaurant next door (otherwise quite pricey for slow speed)

* In general a very, very dissappointing experience compared to previous visits. Overall standards have slipped dramatically and the whole place needs a complete re-furb before I would consider returning. Considering the premium on the price they charge, their are far better value options available in Kuta

Room Tip: deluxe or superior? just hope your room is clean & everything works!!
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank Buckets77
Dear Buckets77,
Warmest Greeting from Bali Garden Beach Resort...

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about all your experience at our resort. I am truly sorry that our service did not meet your expectations. Please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.
We have certainly addressed the issues you experience with our rooms and services. Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent future occurrence.

We appreciate your sharing and concern. This is certainly not the impression we would wish you to leave with and I would appreciate if you could give us opportunity to put that right. I would be please if you could contact me direct on smm@baligardenbeachresort.com in order to discuss your issues and find a satisfactory resolution.

It is our hope that you will give us the opportunity to serve you better and I look forward to welcoming you back. If I could be any assistance in your future reservation, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed March 11, 2014

Loved the place. Great pool and bar area. Restaurant at the pool area is excellent. First room was a bit smelly but that came from a neighbouring building. Room was changed immediately without any problem. Location is great close to shops and restaurants. Water Park is across the road! There is an Italian and Indonesian restaurant on either side of the hotel. Breakfast is amazing sitting in the garden area. Staff very friendly. Will go back. Kuta Beach is not that clean. But you have to go to Kuta and mix with the nice people.

Room Tip: If you pay for garden view make sure you get the real garden view! Maybe have a look a the room firs...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Dear Karl G,
Warmest Greeting from Bali Garden Beach Resort...

It is always encouraging when our guest have a wonderful and fantastic stay at our resort.
I will pass on your comments to the Bali Garden Team. Again we really appreciate your positive response and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

If I could any assistance in your future reservation, please do not hesitate to contact me.