“Memorable” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #38 of 250 Hotels in Kuta
Whyalla
“Memorable”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2013

My family and I stayed at the resort in early October 2013. All staff at resort, from the reception staff to the cleaners were extremely friendly and helpful whenever you had a request or question. As with a lot of other reviewers the only real disappointment is the lack of WIFI. It is available for free at the boardwalk and pool area but even here it is very hit and miss, travelling with Children, as we were,makes it difficult to access if you are trying to catch up later at night when the kids are in bed. In the times that we live in WIFI should be available throughout the resort as standard. The bathroom in our room needed some attention as well as it is very dated and basic.
The location is sensational, right across the road from Waterbom and Bubba Gump, right next door to the discovery centre and loads of really nice restaurants nearby if you want to eat away from the resort. (you don't need to as the menu, prices and service on the Boardwalk is second to none) Everything you need is within walking distance.
Breakfast selection was very abundant where no-one should leave without being fuelled for the day. The resort shop is very well stocked and very well priced, in fact cheaper on some items than elsewhere along the street.
We have already started planning our next Bali visit, the only hesitation with this resort is the WIFI issue, if that is corrected we will be staying here again without question.
Overall a great resort which impressed us, looking forward to being able to come back.

Room Tip: try and get garden side away from the street.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Jeff S
BaliGarden, Social Media Marketing Manager at Bali Garden Beach Resort, responded to this review, October 31, 2013
Dear Jeff S,
Warmest Greeting from Bali Garden Beach Resort...

Thank you for taking the time to write this review regarding your stay at Bali Garden Beach Resort.

I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. However, I apologies if you still found some isses regarding our room facilities such as the lack of Wi-Fi and bathroom. WE have certainly addressed those issues with the management team as we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer.

Once again thank you for sharing your experience and we hope you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the future. If I could be any assistance in you future reservations, please do not hesitate to contact me.

smm@baligardenbeachresort.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (495)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hungarian first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
chittaway bay
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2013

My husband picked this resort for our last 3 nights in Bali. Im not usually a fan of big resorts but this place was fantastic. The entrance and foyer areas are beautiful, staff friendly and helpful. The 3 pools are beautiful.. Had no problem finding a sunbed. Staff around pools and restaurants friendly and prompt with ordering drinks/food. The location is what you are paying for and we will definitely be back with our 2 children. The rooms are fairly plain but comfortable. we had room 173 which backed out to a little patio overlooking the gardens and pond. But frankly it was used to dry our towels. Time was spent either around the pool or lazing in any of the lounge chairs overlooking the beach.Buffet breaky was included in our price. Many options and found food to be hot each morning. We ate around 8-9am each day.. Food in restaurant was soooo much cheaper then i expected and we found ourselves eating there most days. Perfect place for sunset.Free Wifi very up and down around the pool areas. Free entertainment at night.
Very good value for a 4* resort. Location Location Location.
Renaej

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank renae j
Dear renae J,
Warmest Greeting from Bali Garden Beach Resort...

It is always encouraging when our guest have a wonderful and fantastic stay in Bali Garden Beach Resort. I will pass on your comments to the Bali Garden Team and again we really appreciate your positive response and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

If I could be any assistance in your future reservation, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Meloburne
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2013

Wow - what a beautiful resort. I loved the traditional feel and the relaxed atmosphere. The staff were attentive and all meals and drinks were excellent and very reasonably priced. I especially loved how the resort was right on the beach. My favourite time of the day was sitting on the couches, sipping on a cocktail, watching the sun set over the ocean and watching and interacting with all the people walking past. That was closely followed by lazing around one of the three beautiful pools or having a massage in the beautiful spa. There was really no need to leave the resort who can resist getting out to look around beautiful Bali. I would come back here any time and thank you all for such a wonderful holiday.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Alana H
BaliGarden, Social Media Marketing Manager at Bali Garden Beach Resort, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
Dear Alana H,
Warmest Greeting from Bali Garden Beach Resort…

Thank you for taking the time to write this review regarding on your stay at our resort.

I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. I will share your comments with the Bali Garden team as I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our service.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future. If I could be any assistance in your future reservations, please do not hesitate to contact me.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2013 via mobile

A perfect family holiday. Staff were great and food superb all for a nice price.
Will definitely be back next year.
Thanks to Sari at front of breakfast restaurant every morning for your smile and assistance.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Andrew R
Dear Andrew R,
Warmest Greeting from Bali Garden Beach Resort…

It is always encouraging when our guests have a wonderful and fantastic stay at our resort. I will pass the comment to the Bali Garden Team and again we really appreciate your positive response.
We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Perth, Western Australia, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013

We usually stay in Legian but traveling over the Christmas/New Year period we decided to go somewhere different and we wanted beach front for the New Years Eve fireworks.

This was the first big resort we had stayed at and it didn't disappoint.
The lobby and reception area was a beautiful space, mixing modern and traditional Balinese wood cravings and furniture.
Our room was a good size with two double beds, there's room for two suitcases atop of draws so you could pretty much unpack your suitcase for the stay. Our baloney over looked the beautiful well kept grounds.
We had some trouble finding the resturant for breakfast on the first day (it's opposite the spa) but after the first day it was fine. The breakfast offers you a good variety with something for everybody in the family. It your lucky enough to get a table outside you can over look the pond from the deck, children enjoy watching the koi swimming in the pond. For a small amount of rupiah you can get a bag of food for the children to feed the koi.

The main spa was lovely and peaceful, I enjoyed getting a great pedicure here. There's also a small out door spa opposite the adults pool, for massages and quick treatments :)
Three pools so there's plenty to choose from. The adults pool is peaceful with no children, huts get taken quickly so get down early! They waiters do try and get around to this pool to take orders.
Then there's the main pool with pool bar and the infinity pool. They have plenty of day beds so you should have no trouble getting one, but the large huts and lounge areas do fill up.

The grounds at the hotel are beautiful kept with gardens out all the time cleaning and tidying the area, always friendly and greeting you as you walk by.

The broadwalk had good for and was very reasonably priced, happy hour at the bar for cocktails. :)

Staff were friendly as you always find in Bali.
100,000 deposit was required for the pool towel card but was returned at the end of your stay when you handed the card back in. Had to pay for a password for the wifi for 30 mins, would have been nice to get free wifi.

Good location, across the road you have Waterbomb Park and Bubba Gumps (Great seafood in Bali and a must experience), two doors down is Discovery Shopping Centre for set priced shopping and food; Pizza Hut, Coldstone, Starbucks and more. Back up the street is Kuta Art Markets and Kuta Square!!

Was a great resort and experience, and will be back again one day. Great place to stay for New Years to see the fireworks, and there was no set dinner when we were there, all guest were given an armband to show they were guests at the hotel to help security on the night. Just be prepared for the fireworks that started at about 7pm and were still going at about 4am in the morning.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Cassandra B
Dear Cassandra B,
Warmest Greeting from Bali Garden Beach Resort…

Thank you so much for your review.
We are glad to hear that you enjoyed all aspects of your recent stay at our resort. We appreciate all points you made in your comments, since it will serve as an encouragement to all our staff to continuously improve the quality of our hotel, customer service and guest well-being.
It is our hope that we will be welcoming your return to Bali Garden Beach resort in the future.

Perth, Australia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2013

I was looking forward to staying at this hotel as I always try and get in here but never can. Let me say it will be the very last time I go here! What a disappointment of a hotel :(! Third time to Bali this year and was by far the worst hotel.

Negative 1:You hve to hire your pool towel
2 no free wifi (every Bali hotel I have stayed previously has free wifi even budget hotels)
3 no hand towels/ soap given in the room

All I can say is yes the location is amazing being next to discovery an across from water bomb park but I would rather stay somewhere else and catch a taxi to these places then stay here again.

Frequent Bali traveller who is very disappointed by your hotel and I don't get disappointed easily although it seems I'm being petty for the price we payed to stay here it was not worth half of it!

• Stayed October 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Youngonetravelling
Dear Youngonetravelling,
Warmest Greeting from Bali Garden Beach Resort…

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about all your experience at our resort.
I am truly sorry that our service did not meet your expectations. Please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

Yes, you are right that our resort has a great location close to everywhere. However regarding on the issues you have experienced with the pool towel, wi-fi and hand towel, we have addressed those issues with the management team. Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measure to address the problem and prevent future occurrences.

We appreciate your sharing and concern. This is certainly not the impression we would wish you to leave with and I would appreciate if you could give us opportunity to put that right.
I would be pleased if you could contact me direct on my e-mail in order to discuss your issues and find a satisfactory resolution. I look forward to hearing from you.

Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2013

My family with a 16 year old teenage boy and another family with a 16 year old teenage boy recently spent 11 nights here.We chose the resort from the internet because it was close to all attractions and that it direct beach access. We were definatly not disappointed. The board walk area is fantastic for watch the beach and having a cold drink. We had a garden view on the ground floor and it was the best for access without having to climb stairs. The rooms were clean and made up every day. The pool area is great just to sit around. we never had any problem finding a spot and the pool staff were always on hand to provide food and drink. One of the suprising features was we found ourselves eating at the resort more than we thought. This was our 4th trip to bali and we have always ate out. But the pricing at the resort was very comprable the the street. We plan on going back next year to bali and we will be staying here again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank jfar1961
BaliGarden, Social Media Marketing Manager at Bali Garden Beach Resort, responded to this review, October 14, 2013
Dear jfar1961,
Warmest Greeting from Bali Garden Beach Resort...

It is always encouraging when our guests have a wonderful and fantastic stay in our resort.