“OK if you like bigger hotels”

Bali Garden Beach Resort
Ranked #34 of 252 Hotels in Kuta
Perth, Australia
“OK if you like bigger hotels”
Reviewed February 7, 2013

We, wife and I, have travelled to Bali many times since 1980 and generally stay at smaller hotels, but as we were travelling with friends who have not been to Bali for many years we opted to stay at a larger resort as we felt this would be best for all of the kids we had in tow.

We have just returned from 12 nights at the Bali Gardens staying in 2 Family Rooms, however, both were totally different to each other. The first room we were given, 108, was a fair bit smaller and much older than our friends Family Room, 104, and the outside area was practically non existent. Upon asking for a room change and noticing that the people in room 105 were moving out we were hoping to be put alongside our friends. After much tooing and froing (about 3 hours) we were advised that we could not have that room as someone else might want it (??) and we were moved into room 101 quite late the following day. While this was better than room 108 we were still unable to use the outdoor area as adjoining building works were going on and the outside area had been removed to accommodate the construction site. As such we were having to dry our towels, bathers etc in the room. Our bed was rock hard, the fridge in the room was a small fridge, with no shelves, no curtain divider between the adults and kids beds and the tv much smaller that the other rooms. Our room was always cleaned very well and while these issues may be trivial to some a Family Room is a Family Room and we still paid the same price as our friends.

To me Bali itself seemed fairly quiet but the hotel was quite busy. The pool was busy most days however there was always a bale or a lounge available. The water in the main pool was quite murky and i'm not sure if this was from the mixture of suncreams or the mindless people butting out their cigarettes on the tables in the pool and not using an ashtray and then the ash and the butts ending up in the pool after they had left. The front pool was much cooler and cleaner than the main pool.

The food at breakfast was more than adequate and the staff were very welcoming, happy and attentive. We ate at the Boardwalk a few times and also had food around the pools. Each time the food we had was very good. The Sunset Bar became a favourite haunt and meeting place at the end of the day and the drink prices at the hotel were very reasonable.

Would we stay here again....i'm not sure. The location is excellent, but the lack of customer focus/service afforded us leaves a fair bit to be desired.

Room Tip: Rooms 104 and 105 seem to be the pick of the Family Rooms that i saw.
4 Thank Sunfeast_WA
BaliGarden, Social Media Marketing Manager at Bali Garden Beach Resort, responded to this review, February 17, 2013
Dear Sunfeast_WA,
Warmest greeting from Bali Garden Beach Resort

Thank you very much for your review on Trip Advisor.

I am concerned that, whilst you enjoyed your stay reasonably well, there were aspects of your visit that did not meet your expectations. Please accept my most sincere apologies - I am very sorry we did not correct these issues whilst you were staying.

We would very much appreciate the opportunity to change your impression. I would be pleased if you could kindly contact us by email at smm@baligardenbeachresort.com in order for us to see how we can improve your next visit.

I look forward to hearing from you and very much hope we have the chance to welcome you back soon.

smm@baligardenbeachresort.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (516)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hungarian first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed February 6, 2013

the hotel lobby was the best part of the building and the staff were good and friendly but the rest needs major work. Our room which was supposed to be a garden view, looked unto a small dank strip and then a busy scooter access to the 'beach'. There was black mold in the bathroom and on the bedroom ceiling. The workout room was an outdoor area with a set of weights, cycle and 1 other machine. Pool mats were cracked and worn, plus the staff had trouble keeping up with cleaning the area of plant debris. The hotel borders on a boardwalk edged with boulders and a huge pile of garbage was on the only small section of beach beside the property. Needless to say we moved out fast as we were told the hotel was full.

Room Tip: did not see a 'good' room
3 Thank vivian c
BaliGarden, Social Media Marketing Manager at Bali Garden Beach Resort, responded to this review, February 10, 2013
Dear vivian c,
Warmest greeting from Bali Garden Beach Resort

Thank you very much for your review on Trip Advisor.

We would very much appreciate the opportunity to change your impression. I would be pleased if you could kindly contact me direct by email at smm@baligardenbeachresort.com in order for us to see how we can improve your next visit.

Reviewed February 6, 2013

Just returned from the Bali Garden, and I have to say I was not over the moon with the place.
On arrival their new procedure was that I had to pre pay for my accommodation in full before even staying, so whether I liked it or not, the room had been charged on my arrival rather than on my departure, something I have never done before. The other thing was that I did not like was that you had to pay a deposit to have beach towels and this was returned to you at the end of your stay, but even so the towels never dried properly at the end of each day.
The pool area was amazing and there was always enough chairs to lay on around the pool, but these were quite uncomfortable as no topper pads on the wicker loungers, so quite uncomfortable. The staff around the pool were fantastic and so attentive to your needs. Prices around the pool bar for drinks and food is really reasonable and was divine.
The room I had faced the street and the cleaning was not that great, but nothing I would really complain to management about, but just some extra cleaning behind doors and skirting boards would not go astray.
If I had no choice but to stay here again I would but next time I visit Bali, I would probably consider staying somewhere else.

2 Thank FordyPerth
Dear FordyPerth,
Warmest greeting from Bali Garden Beach Resort

Thank you for your stay at the Bali Garden Beach Resort and thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.

We are very sorry that on this occasion we did not meet your expectations. Please know that your comments have been forwarded to the appropriate team members and it is your valuable feedback that helps us maintain the high standards of customer service that our guests have come to expect of us.

Thank you again for sharing your experience and it is our hope that we will be welcoming your return in the future.

Reviewed February 2, 2013

While the location, pools and restaurants were wonderful the hotel itself leaves a lot to be desired. The rooms are very dated, especially the bathrooms. The bath towels are in dire need of being replaced. We changed rooms as we had booked a room with twin beds only to be given a room with a king sized bed. As mother and daughter travelling together we had requested twin beds for a good reason! Our room had a view of a wall on one side and the "Tsunami Assembly Point" on the other. We were close to the street so the noise at night from local bars was quite bad. Breakfast was pretty ordinary, and in 2 weeks I don't think they got my eggs right once. Our visit was in Sept/Oct last year which is quite a busy time and I think they could perhaps use the Boardwalk with more space for the breakfast service at busy times. I think they could do with some more umbrellas by the pool, as although a lot of us want to get a tan while in Bali, no-one wants to be in full sun all day. We like to sit on our balcony and enjoy a drink before going out for dinner in the evening, but the balconies attached to the rooms here are way too small to do so, plus the noise from the a/c. Perhaps we have been spoilt by staying in our 1 brm apartment in Tanjung Benoa the week before we stayed here this time.
On the plus side the staff were all superb, especially the pool staff. The spa was also excellent and we made use of those magic massages almost every 2nd day.

We won't be staying here again as we think it is overpriced for the accomodation they provide.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the north wing to avoid the noise of a/c, motors etc from Discovery Plaza and a ga...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank cheninlady
BaliGarden, Social Media Marketing Manager at Bali Garden Beach Resort, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Dear cheninlady,
Warmest greeting from Bali Garden Beach Resort

I very much appreciate you taking the time to write your view on the Tripadvisor regarding your recent stay at the Bali Garden Beach Resort. At the outset, let me begin by apologizing to you for the less than adequate experience you received during your stay.

Reservation and front office is coordinating what are the guests requests. Sometimes certain room categories are being not always exactly available on specific dates, as hotels are not blocking rooms for arrivals well booked ahead. And guest preferences are different at times.

Along the Kuta beach towards the North, next to our resort, we have got 16 sun lounge chairs with an umbrella. To be environmental friendly and to use the natural resources the large trees along the north side of the main pool are never being cut back to provide natural shade for those who are using the sun lounges below. (20 pieces). As well in the adjourning gardens they are around 12 units being set as well. And the area over and around the kids pool.

The deluxe room category would give you a bit more space, as even on the ground floor you are having terraces adjourning to the tropical gardens. Those rooms facing the tranquil gardens and the beachfront of the resort.

We understand the situation we are having at the coffee shop at times when guests tend to come together, and we will address it it within this year to extend our breakfast for those who would like to have a bit of more private and settled at out Kori lounge. Which is being planned as we are corresponding.

We are having training plans in place, but appreciating your comments in regards to certain staff knowledge and will address those issues to assure we can provide a more improved and consistent service.

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with such valuable feed back, and it is in our hope you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the future.

Reviewed February 2, 2013

We stayed at Bali gardens from the 22nd of January too the 29. On arrival we were warmly greeted and taken to their restaurant bar where we were given a drink free of charge. Our room was ready and we were pleasantly informed that we had been upgraded free of charge as they weren't able to put us on the room we had chosen. Wow what service. The whole time people were friendly and willing to go that extra mile too assist us.

Room service was fantastic at request they cleaned our room even though we missed the time cut off on one of our days which was very good of them. The location is ideal right in kuta and the hotel is goregous it's got a traditional Bali feel which is what we wanted great gardens that are well kept and Amazing pools.

The dining at the broad walk was wonderful you can eat dinner by candle light right in the beach with a view of the pool lit up we loved it. For couples there is always romantic music to set the theme. I am a very picky person when it comes to hotels and service and from my experience this place is a 10 out of 10 I believe it should be rated 5 star not four as it ticks all the boxes. It's great value for money and we won't be staying anywhere else but at Bali gardens. Already missing it . Kelly and Dan

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank kellythemodel
Dear kellythemodel,
Warmest greeting from Bali Garden Beach Resort,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with such valuable feed back.

I very much appreciate you taking the time to write your view on the Trip Advisor regarding your recent stay at the Bali Garden Beach Resort, as it is through verbal comments and Tripadvisor that we are able to improve our services.

It is important to us and our business to receive all feedback, positive and constructive from our guests such as yours, I know your points made on the survey will serve as an encouragement to all our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our hotel, customer service and guest well-being.

Reviewed February 2, 2013

First time we stayed at this hotel Jan 2013, loved it so much have already booked to go again in May 2013. Great location especially sitting at bar looking out over the ocean with really icey cold Bintans friendly staff to serve you and excellent food from the Boardwalk café. Size of rooms very good nice and clean. Made feel welcomed right from the start. Highly recommend.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank selma m
Dear selma m,
Warmest greeting from Bali Garden Beach Resort

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience on Trip Advisor.

So glad to hear you enjoyed all aspects of your recent stay at Bali Garden Beach Resort. The Team and I look forward to welcoming you back

Worcester UK
Reviewed February 2, 2013

We visited this place whilst visiting Kuta on a cruise stop. The heat had got to me and I couldn't walk another step ! Initially we thought we would just stop & have a drink, but the ambience was so lovely and the waitrose said we could use the lap pool at the front as long as we spent $115 per person. No problem ! We ended up spending the rest of the day there as it was so relaxing looking over the beach & out to sea. We cooled off in the lovely pool and had lunch with several cocktails before heading back along the promenade to our coach back to the ship.! Keep all the shopping malls, market stalls etc. and just head here when you are too hot & tired to go on ! Lovely helpful, friendly staff, lovely food and a lovely setting with a great pool. What a find !

Room Tip: N/A - Day guest
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Spaaddicts,
Warmest greeting from Bali Garden Beach Resort

Thank you for taking the time to write us review regarding your visit to one of our restaurant at the Bali Garden Beach Resort.

And you are right for the non stay guest they can still come and use our lap pool with charge Rp.115.000 [approximately $12] per person and you can use all those deposit to buy a drink.

Hopefully we could welcome you one day to stay at our resort. Once again, thank you for the very nice review.