We, wife and I, have travelled to Bali many times since 1980 and generally stay at smaller hotels, but as we were travelling with friends who have not been to Bali for many years we opted to stay at a larger resort as we felt this would be best for all of the kids we had in tow.
We have just returned from 12 nights at the Bali Gardens staying in 2 Family Rooms, however, both were totally different to each other. The first room we were given, 108, was a fair bit smaller and much older than our friends Family Room, 104, and the outside area was practically non existent. Upon asking for a room change and noticing that the people in room 105 were moving out we were hoping to be put alongside our friends. After much tooing and froing (about 3 hours) we were advised that we could not have that room as someone else might want it (??) and we were moved into room 101 quite late the following day. While this was better than room 108 we were still unable to use the outdoor area as adjoining building works were going on and the outside area had been removed to accommodate the construction site. As such we were having to dry our towels, bathers etc in the room. Our bed was rock hard, the fridge in the room was a small fridge, with no shelves, no curtain divider between the adults and kids beds and the tv much smaller that the other rooms. Our room was always cleaned very well and while these issues may be trivial to some a Family Room is a Family Room and we still paid the same price as our friends.
To me Bali itself seemed fairly quiet but the hotel was quite busy. The pool was busy most days however there was always a bale or a lounge available. The water in the main pool was quite murky and i'm not sure if this was from the mixture of suncreams or the mindless people butting out their cigarettes on the tables in the pool and not using an ashtray and then the ash and the butts ending up in the pool after they had left. The front pool was much cooler and cleaner than the main pool.
The food at breakfast was more than adequate and the staff were very welcoming, happy and attentive. We ate at the Boardwalk a few times and also had food around the pools. Each time the food we had was very good. The Sunset Bar became a favourite haunt and meeting place at the end of the day and the drink prices at the hotel were very reasonable.
Would we stay here again....i'm not sure. The location is excellent, but the lack of customer focus/service afforded us leaves a fair bit to be desired.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience the perfect seaside holiday at the Bali Garden Beach Resort. Located right on the beach, next to Discovery Shopping Mall, across the road from Waterbom Park and a short stroll to the Matahari Shopping Square and the Seni Art Market, the resort is the most convenient place to stay. With three swimming pools, four restaurants, four bars and a spa, plus the style, service and warm welcoming smiles that make Bali famous, the Bali Garden Beach Resort offers fantastic value in a stunning oceanfront location. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Travelocity and Evoline ltd so you can book your Bali Garden Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bali Garden Beach Hotel Kuta
- Bali Garden Beach Resort Kuta