I stayed with my husband and two kids, aged 8 and 5, in a family room.
After some of the reviews I was a little worried, but was in for a nice surprise! We stayed at the hotel for 6 nights after having spent 5 nights in Sanur.
The room was big, comfortable and clean. There was a desk but no chairs (?) so the only option for sitting in the room was a bed! There was a balcony with a table, 2 chairs and clothes horse. Unfortunately the view was of the shopping centre next door...a big start, ugly wall. It was also lined with air conditioners, so was really lous apart from first thing in the morning. Needless to sat we used the balcony only for drying clothes.
There was a water cooler with bottled water which was a lovely touch. And a cold bar fridge without being full of mini bar items which was great!
The pools were fantastic. I could never understand why more people didn't use the one overlooking the beach, it was mostly empty.
We normally never eat at hotels apart from breakfast, but the meals at the Boardwalk Restaurant and Batan Waru were about the same price as we'd been paying in Sanur and of a great standard, we ate at both more than once. We also enjoyed beers and/or cocktails in the swim up bar because the prices were reasonable and not totally over inflated like many hotels. The only complaint was that the toilets at the Boardwalk Restaurant were the same toilets as you used at the pool, and had that public swimming pool toilet feel about them.
The breakfasts were not the best. The egg and pancake station was the only reason we went back, the food in the warmers looked frightful! It was nice that you could sit outside to eat, but that area was small so you couldn't always get a table there. It also meant putting up with smokers!!
There were a lot of Aussies getting around in Bintang singlets…just thought I should mention it! There also seemed to be a lot of groups of travellers.
Wi Fi wasn’t free, but you could get free wi-fi at Batan Waru so we usually checked emails there.
Waterbom park is across the road, and the kids had a ball there! Their food was a little pricey (thought there was good variety) so we ducked out and had lunch back at Batan Waru the day we were at Waterbom! And of course Discovery Mall is right next door. The had a Bread Talk store there which was great for a cheap and easy lunch.
The beach that the hotel overlooks is fantastic. You walk straight from the hotel, across the boardwalk, only to sand. It really is one of the better spots of beach in the area.
There was one wedding whilst we were there.
Overall we were very happy with the hotel, and will return next time we are in Bali!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience the perfect seaside holiday at the Bali Garden Beach Resort. Located right on the beach, next to Discovery Shopping Mall, across the road from Waterbom Park and a short stroll to the Matahari Shopping Square and the Seni Art Market, the resort is the most convenient place to stay. With three swimming pools, four restaurants, four bars and a spa, plus the style, service and warm welcoming smiles that make Bali famous, the Bali Garden Beach Resort offers fantastic value in a stunning oceanfront location. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets and Evoline ltd so you can book your Bali Garden Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bali Garden Beach Hotel Kuta
- Bali Garden Beach Resort Kuta