“Awesome food and staff are great”
Review of Warung 96

Warung 96
Ranked #204 of 1,074 Restaurants in Kuta
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch
Reviewed September 28, 2013

While this restaurant looks dark and a bit old, it is just a great cheap place to eat. The food is always good and the service is quick considering how many people are always there. I have been going to this restaurant for about 15 years and have never been disappointed, there is always someone at the entrance to greet you and make you feel like a rock star arriving. I do miss the older man that use to do the greeting but now I think it is his son and he also does an awesome job.

1  Thank loverofbali

Reviewed September 22, 2013 via mobile

What a great place! Not a huge menu, but meals listed were all looking fantastic. Service was impeccable along with the food.

Even though Warung 96 was packed,for good reason too, only a short wait had menus, drinks and then food delivered to our table in double quick time by very friendly and extremely happy looking staff. The food was truly amazing. Finishing our meal and with full tummies all around, it was also the cheapest meal we have had in Bali.

One of the staff seemed to have a deal going with management for tha sale of genuine, dodgy dvd's. A huge stack was delivered to our table to browse through while waiting for our meal. All the latest titles for 10000rp each, (the going rate). A nice touch as this eliminated the usual hounding street hawkers while you are trying to enjoy your meal and the atmosphere.

The only negative was the toilet facilities. My wife informed me that holding the door closed for our daughter, (who had no option but to have to use them, Bali belly) a gentleman went to go to the men's room, opened the door and stated, 'no, I'll wait'.

Otherwise, a fantastic dining experience.

Reviewed August 16, 2013

What a find. Good menu selection, cheap prices, staff really friendly and welcome. The owner treats you like a guest in his own home, making sure you are happy with everthing. Hubby had a little grumble that the beer wasnt very cold. Highky reccommend the food.

Reviewed July 28, 2013

This is the place to go for really, really cheap meals that are top of the range. The place is always packed with tourists - heaps of Aussies. The wood fired pizza's seem to be a huge hit - I know there are beautiful but I think the combination of the taste and value really draws people in. Best Garlic Bread available in Bali (tastes like home) - all the food from the traditional balinese meals to the western food is absolutely to die for. Hidden on a side alley way, its easily over looked. They also sell San Miguel Beer icy cold (not many places in Bali stock this beet). A must try place that you wont be disappointed with - nice feel about the place too. Give it a go, you wont be disappointed

2  Thank Julie A
Reviewed July 22, 2013

well someone told me they had the best pizzas in bali here i had to check it out but whoever told me that must not have been anywhere else because it was very medicore indeed thats all i have to say about the place