“Delicious”

TJ's Mexican Bar & Restaurant
Ranked #122 of 1,091 Restaurants in Kuta
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Romantic
Reviewed January 17, 2014 via mobile

Love this place, we always go back when we revisit Kuta. The food is great and so is the atmosphere. The staff are very friendly and service is fast and the price of the food is very cheap for the quality. Don't go in and judge it against the place you went for enchiladas in Mexico, but they sure do a damn good job and you will for sure enjoy your meal!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,095)

Reviewed January 13, 2014

A great night out a fantastic meal, great atmosphere, the kids loved it, the wife did too. A bit of an adventure down poppies 1 to get there but all good fun

Reviewed January 12, 2014 via mobile

Mexican is my favourite food, I cook this cuisine an go out for meals very regularly, So whilst in bali I went to a fair share of Mexican restaurants.
Sadly I found this restaurant very basic, the food had no flavour, very little effort went into presentation and ingredients, and really didn't taste Mexican at all.
I hate giving bad feedback, however if the management read this an other bad feed back maybe they will make a few changes.
On a good note, the staff were very nice and friendly

tjsbali, Manager at TJ's Mexican Bar & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2014

Thank you for your comments, we are disappointed that you did not enjoy your dinner, but have taken your comment to heart and are presently in the kitchen working on things.

Reviewed January 11, 2014 via mobile

We stay at poppies cottages so tj's perfect location, last visit was great, this time staff can barely manage a smile, not engaging I'm the way usual for friendly Bali people, if I had to guess I would say they are resting on previous good reputation. I suggest the owners/managers send in some "undercover" friends if they don't believe critique. Service is also very slow, small serves of food.

Reviewed January 9, 2014

After having been to Bali many times and walked past TJ's often this trip our kids convinced us to try TJ's. Well we were surprised! Ice cold Bintang! Lovely food. Nice setting with the pond in the middle. Staff seemed a little disinterested but service was good and prices reasonable.