“Amazing garden setting and Indonesian meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Poppies Restaurant

Poppies Restaurant
Ranked #30 of 949 Restaurants in Kuta
Good for: Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children, Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Brunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: For over four decades we have welcomed visitors and friends from around the world to these hanging gardens of Kuta, offering them fine dining and calming respite from the ever-increasing hustle and bustle beyond our walls. Our current menu includes several house favourites that remain as popular today as when we introduced them in 1973.
Sydney, Australia
“Amazing garden setting and Indonesian meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2013

We found this restaurant on the very last night of our trip, after hearing many good things about it. I wish I found it earlier in our trip!

You walk in off the busy market lined street through what could easily be a portal that takes you to a Balinese garden paradise. it was very quiet, green, leafy and relaxed. Winding pebbled pathways dotted with tables hidden throughout the garden made any table a private getaway. My husband and I chose a table over looking the pond for dinner.

We tried the star item on the menu, the dinner that allows you to sample each of the best of their dishes, an Indonesian/Balinese feast. It came out on a lazy susan style spinning board with around 8 dishes, it was plenty of food for the two of us, we were very full afterwards, satisfied. It came with a side of friend rice and boiled rice, and also came with kebab meats on coals. Was very good! Presentation was amazing, we couldnt help but take a thousand instagram pics and sharing with our friends back home before eating :)

Overall, an amazing dinner and I am sad we found this gem on the night we were going home, id love to go again. It was a wonderful way to end our Indonesian adventure trip, though.

Minor issues - a few mozzies around the pond once the sun sets so remember the aeroguard, and during a relatively quite time before it got busy, my hubby tried to flag the attention of a waitress who was not busy for about 5 mins trying to order himself another drink. She must not have noticed him even though she was looking our way and eventually someone came over. Otherwise, service was good and staff friendly. We will return.

• Visited October 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Western Australia
“We keep going back”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2013

Every time we go to Bali we visit this restaurant at least a couple of times during our stay.

The food and staff are exceptional.

You must try one of their famous pina coladas they are heaven in a coconut.

• Visited July 2013
Killarney, Australia
“No trip to Bali complete without going to Poppies”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2013 via mobile

Visited Poppies twice during our recent holiday , we have some fussy teenagers and it was a favourite of all of ours! Cheap as chips to eat in Bali and Poppies is just the same .You would never imagine a beautiful restaurant behind that brick wall and is quiet even though all the bikes are buzzing up the lane!!

• Visited September 2013
QLD, Australia
“I always go to Poppies when I visit Bali.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2013

My holiday in Bali would not be complete without a visit to Poppies Restaurant in Kuta.
It's hidden away off a busy little street and when you walk into this pretty garden restaurant after a hot and noisy time shopping in crazy Kuta you feel like you have stepped I to a hidden paradise! I love this place and wish we had something to rival it in Queensland.
I have been there many times since 2005 and first discovering this gem and its never crowded or teeming with people. Maybe I should keep my mouth shut and not be telling you all about this place to keep it this way!
The food is always excellent, service is too. The menu hasn't changed at all but I'm so glad as I always love their Nasi Campur , which is a traditional Balinese dish that gives you a taste of lots of different things. Some places have the larger version of this called a Rijistaffel and is great to share. My husband had the fish and we shared some Spring rolls which are called Lumpia .
One of the other reasons I go there is for their world famous ( so they claim) Piña Colada.
I don't care if its only lunchtime I'm having one ! They are served in a carved coconut In The shape of a Barong. Yes I do think its the best piña colada I have ever had.
Poppies has it all, pretty garden setting so its a lovely cool place to sit and relax, great food and service and the best piña colada !
Yes the prices are a bit expensive by Bali standards, but its still cheaper than Australia for what you get and well worth it i think.
Don't miss the opportunity to visit Poppies while you are in Bali, I wish my photos would load from my IPad so you could see now beautiful it is......oh well guess you are going to have to visit soon and see for yourself!

• Visited September 2013
Perth, Australia
“poppies is poppies”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2013

Possibly the oldest haunting ground for veteran bali travellers. Still greqt meqls for great value. Still a bit dark though, but not horrible by any means. I just love the seafood platter.

Visited September 2013