“Amazing Restaurant”

Poppies Restaurant
Ranked #28 of 967 Restaurants in Kuta
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: For over four decades we have welcomed visitors and friends from around the world to these hanging gardens of Kuta, offering them fine dining and calming respite from the ever-increasing hustle and bustle beyond our walls. Our current menu includes several house favourites that remain as popular today as when we introduced them in 1973.
Broadbeach, Australia
“Amazing Restaurant”
Reviewed August 23, 2013 via mobile

We came to this restaurant for a special night out and we were not disappointed.
We had the rajstaffel and wow what a meal. You will not be disappointed.
The setting is so beautiful.
Their piña coladas are also pretty impressive which they hand carve.
We loved this place so much we are going back again before we leave.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Sydney, Australia
“YUM FOOD, AMAZING SURROUNDING IN POPPIES RESTAURANT”
Reviewed August 16, 2013

I went to POPPIES RESTAURANT with my adult sons, and we LOVED everything about this restaurant.

The service was EXCELLENT.

The food was DELICIOUS and plentiful.
The prices of the food was a bit more than some of those cheaper restaurants/dine-ins BUT it was still ridiculously cheap.
My sons shared what looks like a tapas dinner - huge array and selection of different Indonesian foods on a revolving and massive platter, and every bowl of food explained by the staff serving us. My younger son, 26 ,asked his brother before we were all served, if he thought it would be enough food, and my older son told him 'definitely'. His concerns were put to rest when their shared dinner arrived.
Total cost for all of this was $22 - $11 each for a huge and amazing array of food.

I had my own meal which cost about $6 and was absolutely delicious.
My only 'problem' was when I decided I'd like a wine. I checked the price list and saw that a white would only cost me $1.10, so I decided to have one.
Our waiter came after I'd finished my first glass and asked if I'd like another.
'Yes' I said ' that would be great'.

When the bill came, I noticed that I had been charged almost $9 a glass. We checked the wine list price again, and very quickly deduced that the $1.10 was actually the YEAR OF THE WINE i.e. 2011, and right over to the right of this, it showed $8.90.

Needless to say, my wines cost almost as much as my two sons' huge dinner. So just check the price list carefully, and I discovered, the day after this meal, that wine is hideously expensive over in Bali - about$35 for a basic white.

However, it didn't spoil our time at POPPIES RESTAURANT, and LADIES, GIRLS and anyone of the FEMALE population - you HAVE TO VISIT THE LADIES ROOM. It is a bathroom to die for - gorgeous potted plants, hand towels to dry your hands on, gorgeous basins, pebbled walls. It was just so beautiful in there, and as crazy as the following may sound, I just had to video this whole area, so I could show all of my friends back in Australia, how gorgeous this ladies room is.

The ambience of the surrounding gardens and waterfalls was GORGEOUS, and we just loved everything here. If you are into lots of lighting and daytime light, you may not like it here. Even though most of this restaurant is outdoors, as such, the huge umbrellas over the tables are covered in vines and plants. I loved this look and the dull lighting, as, for me, it oozes atmosphere, but I know there will always be those who won't like this and complain that it was too dark, or whatever,
Different strokes for different folks, I say, but I loved it, as did my sons, so I can give this restaurant 5 STARS without hesitation, and encourage all visitors in Bali to go there.

London, United Kingdom
“hanging gardens of Kuta”
Reviewed August 15, 2013

The setting for this romantic meal is simply Kuta at its best. The surrounding gardens are beautiful. Service as ever top notch. The food was lovely. I had the shish kebabs which are served on a charcoal grill at your table. Really divine.You cannot go to Kuta without going to Poppies restaurant , if you can make it down the lane what with all the mopeds.

Visited August 2013
PERTH WA
“Step hrough the garden wall--”
Reviewed August 14, 2013

And find an island of tropical calm and grace from the cacophany of the Kuta street. Indonesian classic dishes, nicely executed (the steamed fish in banana leaf is excellent) and presented with, I suppose, a bit of European sensibility. The pina colada in a coconut comes out as an elaborately carved Barung, the Spirit king. He seems like a nice god with a sense of humour so I hope he doesn't mind -he certainly makes for a great photo. I understand this place is a bit of an institution and has more than a whiff of Dutch colonialism about it but, in spite of that, we loved it.

QLD
“Great Meal in Kuta”
Reviewed August 14, 2013

Was very impressed with Poppies, food and service was excellent and just loved how this place was tucked away considering that Poppies Gang I is just out front. We ordered the Garlic Prawns, Gado Gado, Shish Kebabs and a special which was chicken steamed in banana leaves with chilli. Food was yummy. One of the best restaurants in Kuta and well worth the trip down Poppies. Prices for food and drinks very reasonable. I will be back.