“best mid range in the area” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Masa Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Kuta
Masa Inn
You added Masa Inn to your Saves list
Ranked #50 of 224 Hotels in Kuta
australia
“best mid range in the area”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

I have stayed here numerous times over the years and in my opinion this is the best value hotel in this area. I reviewed this hotel previously in 2009 and gave it 4 stars, now i am giving it 5. As kuta continues undergoing rapid development, it is getting increasingly hard to find good value hotels without a catch:dirty,noisy,construction, construction,construction!!

My latest visit here was with my girfriend for seven nights broken up over two weeks between oct-nov 2012 and we will be returning .One of the best things about this hotel is the great garden which totally blocks out the noise from the street outside. It is like stepping into a differenet world from the noise outside. The management have got the whole vibe right as there is no loud music playing or noisy pool bar. The pool is great, always clean with ample seating around it and towles to use. Never seems too crowded or busy, just relaxed and calm. A credit to the management for creating the atmosphere which they have here.

The rooms are simple yet I have always found them clean and adequate:hot water,safe,pay tv, fridge with complimentary water. Most of the rooms have seating out the front with views to the pool and garden.

I find the staff at this hotel to be friendly and helpful and unintrusive. NEVER do you get annoyed and offered massages, transport etc while in the hotel. No one tries to sell you anything or tries to make plans for you unless you ask for their help. The daily breakfast is good, and bigger and better than when we stayed here last time.

For those people who don't rate this hotel very well, I am interested to know of another hotel nearby which offers the same value and experience for this price? I was curious on my last visit to try and find something a little closer to the beach in the same price range but I couldn't. I also checked out a few other hotels close which are viewed highly in travel guides and in my opinion they didn't look as good as this place. Some look like tip sites full of construction, others look dingy and dull. I know the rooms are not the most modern but when you factor in everything such as the setting, pool,garden, staff and the whole atmosphere I can't fault it for the price.

Look forward to our next visit, thanks.

Room Tip: anywhere around the rear pool. A couple of room are a bit hidden on the edges of the staircase:avoid...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank danvan_9

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Jakarta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

I stayed in a double-bed room on the second floor. It's a nice place to stay with very reasonable price. For me the most important things are they have clean bathroom, hot water, and a fridge. They have cable TV too, but it's Bali, you wouldn't be spending time watching TV anyway, right? Breakfast was pretty awesome for a cheap hotel. They serve toast, omelette, corn flakes, and a glass of orange juice. They have a big pool, and it took only 5 minutes walk to get to the Kuta beach. The front office people were very nice & helpful.
The only thing I don't like is that the corridors were dimly lit.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 stars
2 Thank tessahanindya
Darwin, Northern Territory, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

I have spent the last 10 days of my life at the Masa Inn in Kuta, Bali. This was my 8th time staying at this same hotel! The location is superb and the staff are very friendly and always willing and able to help when needed. The hotel is walking distance to everything good that Kuta has to offer. Whether that be good restaurants, shopping malls and stalls, clubs and bars or WaterBom park, you can easily get there from the Masa Inn. I highly reccomend this excellent and yet affordable hotel to anyone who is considering a trip to the magnificent island of Bali.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the back pool... away from the busy streets and very relaxing!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
5 Thank Foster N
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

I stayed in five different room types over my stay at masa inn and each room was clean and cosy and nicely decorated. I would probably say The better rooms are located around the larger of the two pools, but all rooms were a pleasure to stay in. Incidentally, it was my fault I kept havig to move as I only intended on staying in kuta one night but felt so comfortable i kept on extending my stay two nights, then two more etc etc.
At one point during my stay I fainted at breakfast. I was instantly attended to and the doctor was called, I was helped to my room. The owner is a lovely woman who tended to me when I was ill, bringing me cool towels and generally keeping me company because I'm a solo female traveller (age 24). All the staff are as friendly as her and it made my stay there such a nice one!

The breakfast is varied, delicious and theres LOTS of it! You get three courses! I can't recommend the hotel more really. What great value for money.

Mostly I am making this review to say thank you to the masa inn staff for a great stay and all their help. Thank you!

• Stayed September 2012
6 Thank Natalie112233
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

A little oasis in the middle of Kuta. Grounds were well kept and pretty, room right near pool. Rooms were promptly cleaned each day, staff very friendly and accommodating. This small hotel has a family atmosphere and lots of cheap restaurants up and down Poppies I and alleyways. Worth the price, strongly recommend and would stay there again. Whilst we were there niece celebrated birthday and she received a frangipani tiara at breakfast with a special drink, happy birthday song, flowers in her room and a free T-shirt when we left the hotel!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank Kat271
Kaohsiung, Taiwan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

Masa Inn was recommended to us by a friend. What a great place to relax and get away from the crazyness of Poppies 1 and 2 just steps away. The rooms are very clean and quite big. It's not for the budget traveler, more mid-range. The breakfast was delicious and the staff were very friendly and not pushy. Make sure you get a lounger early in the morning if you wish to bask in the sun poolside. Great place, would return!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
3 Thank greenkitty007
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

Awsum place. I stayed with four professionally employed girls and we loved it. Cheap, clean with an adequate breakfast. Friendly staff and in the heart of Kuta. I wouldnt stay anywhere else. At these hotel prices u cant ask for anything else. Whoever whinged about the soap on here, spring for ur own buddy.

• Stayed November 2011