“Best hotel i stayed in over 5months of travelling. Value for money. Wonderfully friendly staff- important if you're travelling a” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Masa Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Kuta
Masa Inn
You added Masa Inn to your Saves list
Ranked #51 of 224 Hotels in Kuta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

I stayed in five different room types over my stay at masa inn and each room was clean and cosy and nicely decorated. I would probably say The better rooms are located around the larger of the two pools, but all rooms were a pleasure to stay in. Incidentally, it was my fault I kept havig to move as I only intended on staying in kuta one night but felt so comfortable i kept on extending my stay two nights, then two more etc etc.
At one point during my stay I fainted at breakfast. I was instantly attended to and the doctor was called, I was helped to my room. The owner is a lovely woman who tended to me when I was ill, bringing me cool towels and generally keeping me company because I'm a solo female traveller (age 24). All the staff are as friendly as her and it made my stay there such a nice one!

The breakfast is varied, delicious and theres LOTS of it! You get three courses! I can't recommend the hotel more really. What great value for money.

Mostly I am making this review to say thank you to the masa inn staff for a great stay and all their help. Thank you!

• Stayed September 2012
6 Thank Natalie112233

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

A little oasis in the middle of Kuta. Grounds were well kept and pretty, room right near pool. Rooms were promptly cleaned each day, staff very friendly and accommodating. This small hotel has a family atmosphere and lots of cheap restaurants up and down Poppies I and alleyways. Worth the price, strongly recommend and would stay there again. Whilst we were there niece celebrated birthday and she received a frangipani tiara at breakfast with a special drink, happy birthday song, flowers in her room and a free T-shirt when we left the hotel!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank Kat271
Kaohsiung, Taiwan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

Masa Inn was recommended to us by a friend. What a great place to relax and get away from the crazyness of Poppies 1 and 2 just steps away. The rooms are very clean and quite big. It's not for the budget traveler, more mid-range. The breakfast was delicious and the staff were very friendly and not pushy. Make sure you get a lounger early in the morning if you wish to bask in the sun poolside. Great place, would return!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
3 Thank greenkitty007
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

Awsum place. I stayed with four professionally employed girls and we loved it. Cheap, clean with an adequate breakfast. Friendly staff and in the heart of Kuta. I wouldnt stay anywhere else. At these hotel prices u cant ask for anything else. Whoever whinged about the soap on here, spring for ur own buddy.

• Stayed November 2011
4 Thank DorisGloria
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

My partner and I recently stayed at the Masa Inn as it was recommended to us by a friend. I was beyond surprised when we arrived at the hotel to find such a gem! The hotel was beautiful, clean and not what I was expecting for $45 a night! The room was simple however it was clean. The pool was amazing and there were always sun beds available! We stayed towards the back of the hotel away from the street hence it was very quiet. I would recommend Masa Inn to anyone looking for a cheap hotel in a good location that has a great atmosphere for couples and families.

• Stayed October 2012
3 Thank akhowe
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012 via mobile

Rooms are adequate, a little dated. There are two pools a shallow one at front of hotel and one at back which is central location. Staff are friendly, grounds well maintained. Main draw card is location and price. Located Half way along Poppies Lane 1. So Short walk to beach and shopping District. Breakfast was nice. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed November 2011
3 Thank Tania F
hobart
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

We stayed for 10 nights in Kuta at MasaInn after staying 4 nights at the lovely Tarum Haram cottages in Mas. We stayed in the top of the range "Balinese Style Rooms" no 129 and 130. Room where spacious and well priced for a total of $125 for the two room.
Place was quiet during day but there where a few nights where people where extremely rowdy and even when asked by security to be quiet didnt quieten down till after 0130. I think that security need to be more forceful and threaten these people with being kicked out the following day.
Our rooms where back from main entrance between the two pools. Our air conditioner wasnt functioning well and they finally managed to fix the problem half way through our stay. The beds didnt have mattress protectors on them so our sheets slipped around all the time particularly as we had mossie repellant on. Mossies only seemed to become a problem half way through our stay coinciding with the air conditioner being fixed - not sure the relevance of this.
Great location near shops although we got sick of the business of Poppies lane, but eventally worked out how to bypass it by taking small side line just close to TJs restaurant which took us to main road
Breakfast was more than we could eat and very adequate but juices where watered down
Overall I believe you get what you pay for and Masa inn was good value for money for people on a budget

PS Kids loved the great pools!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family