“Value for money! Prime location!”

Maharani Beach Hotel
Ranked #123 of 253 Hotels in Kuta
Reviewed January 20, 2013

I wanted to stay at Bali Garden, but as it was a spontaneous holiday with little notice, Bali Garden was booked out, and they suggested here! So I stayed for 8 nights, with my mum, and for the price we paid it was fantastic! You couldn't complain! The location was perfect, and would be the best place for young people to stay as it is next to the main shopping strip poppies two, and a short walk to the clubs. The pool wasn't very big, but it was the perfect size, and had a big beautiful tree at the end with lots of shade! Are rooms were cleaned daily, so we would always come back to a clean room, and freshly made beds. Our room was exactly what we asked for. The staff were very friendly, there were two young boys on reception everyday who would talk and joke with us, and our favorite was a young boy who had memorized what we wanted at the buffet breaky after our second day, and every time he saw us had the biggest most friendliest smile!!
The only downfall was there wasn't much variety at buffet breaky, but the food that was there was very yummy. And the restaurant during the day and night had great food, for a reasonable price! This hotel is definitely in a prime location, and it is very busy all around, so if you want something quite I wouldn't suggest this, but for the price you pay it is FANTASTIC!!!

Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
nitatraeger, Social Media Marketing at Maharani Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2013

Dear Chelsea G,
Warmest greeting from Maharani Beach Hotel

Thank you very much for your review.

So glad to hear you enjoyed all aspects of your recent stay at the Maharani Beach Hotel and I’m especially pleased the team looked after you so well.

We hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed January 16, 2013

We had an 8 night stay booked in for the Maharani Hotel and had to leave on the second as the hotel room was unsafe, and quite frankly, disgusting.
When we first arrived we were given a twin room, which was not as we requested. We sat in the twin room (which still had rubbish in the bins and old towels on the bathroom floor) for 25 minutes before being moved to the lobby for half an hour while they found us a king bed room.
When we eventually got to our room we were less than impressed. The sheets and pillow cases were dirty, there was sand all over the floor and the spare toilet paper sitting on top of the toilet looked as though it had been dropped in poo. The safe that the hotel provides is not even bolted down, so someone could just pick it up and walk out the door which is just ridiculous, especially as my boyfriend had an expensive engagement ring hidden in his wallet. The bathroom roof over the sink had completely sunken down and was basically detached from the rest of the bathroom roof and there were old hair ties and bobby pins in the bath tub. The shower head only accommodates someone 5 foot tall to stand under it properly, and my boyfriend had a lot of trouble showering under the head as he is well over 6 foot. As the walls are paper thin we heard people running and screaming through the halls all night and could barely sleep.
The next day we had a day trip planned and on our way out I asked the girls at reception to please change the sheets while we were out as they were dirty (to the point that I took the top sheet off the bed as it was disgusting and I didn't want to sleep under it). When we arrived home after 6pm that night, we found that the sheets had not been changed, the bed was simply remade, and after asking reception to please change the sheets again, I was told that housekeeping had gone home for the night and I would have to wait another day for them to be changed. Standing in the bathroom, I could hear the person in the room above us urinating, pulling toilet paper off the wall and flushing the toilet very clearly. No one should have to listen to this! At 9pm my boyfriend had a shower, and when shutting the door, the down light fell from the roof and was swinging, live, over the sink. He went downstairs to reception and was told "maybe just don't use the bathroom lights", which is absolutely ludicrous and unsafe. As well as that, when my boyfriend went to plug in his phone to charge behind the bed, we found the lamp was plugged in to a power point that had completely detached from the wall, with live cords hanging out of the wall. We found this hotel to be incredibly unsafe so we packed up and left around 10pm for another hotel.
The next morning we went to check out and on reinspecting the room for belongings, I noticed that the same room service from next door was still sitting outside between our room and theirs from when we arrived. Not only had it been sitting there for 48 hours, but more room service had been delivered and was just stacked on top of the existing plates without any of it being removed, even after complaining about this before we left the night before.
Luckily we managed to get 6 of the 8 nights accommodation refunded through Expedia. The hotel that we transferred to was so much cleaner, more accommodating and safer than the Maharani, for not a lot more money. The 36 hours that we stayed there put a dampener on our holiday, to the point that we considered going home as we weren't sure whether we would get a refund and couldn't afford to pay for accommodation that was unusable.
Do yourself a favour and don't put yourself through the awful experience that the Maharani presented at every turn.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
8  Thank lani_looloo
nitatraeger, Social Media Marketing at Maharani Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2013

Dear lani_looloo,
Warmest greeting from Maharani Beach Hotel

I was greatly disappointed to read of all the difficulties you encountered during your stay. I take this opportunity to forward my sincere apologies.

We clearly got it wrong putting you in to a room that wasn't ready to be occupied on your arrival and it appears your stay went downhill from there.

I regret that there was not an opportunity for me to meet with you while you were here as there may have been an opportunity for us to make things right after a difficult start. Its difficult after the event to investigate the specific circumstances of your stay but please be assured your feedback is valued and taken on board.

We strive to provide all of our guests with the best possible experience. Based on the majority at feedback received in generally succeed. Sadly not on this occasion.

Once again please accept our sincere apologies and i hope you were still able enjoy all that Bali has to offer.

We have genuine commitment towards our guest and thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed January 10, 2013

For a 2-night stay at a good location in Kuta, Maharani Beach Hotel offers value for money. That is if all you need is accommodation for the night, and perhaps dinner at Sandbar (which is an excellent restaurant/bar). Staff is very friendly, and go out of their way to make your stay comfortable. But they can only work with what is available.

Everything else made me feel tricked because the hotel facilities are not exactly as they look in the pictures.

First, the Spa is located in a room that is not enclosed - except for a few curtains. As you get a massage, you can hear the loud music from the bar. At some point it feels like there are two or more bars blasting different music, and can be heard right down to the lyrics, from the Spa. Not good at all.

Then there is the breakfast. Coffee is the instant variety, which is quite sad considering that Indonesian coffee is quite good. Eggs are rubbery. Croissants are as tough as nails. Of course this is partly because the room rate includes breakfast. But, I would much rather pay for decent breakfast than get crappy, free breakfast.

Of great concern though is that our room had no toilet paper when we arrived for check in around three in the morning. We asked reception, and were given paper towels instead, since housekeeping was closed. When housekeeping opened in the morning, we were told they were out of toilet paper, and the guy assisting us eventually took a toilet paper roll from an unoccupied room.

Suggestion for the hotel - (a) have decent breakfast and charge for it. (b) locate the Spa in a quiet area, or install sound proof doors. (c) have two layered curtains in the rooms facing the back, so the neighbouring hotel guests don't look directly at you as you wake up to open the curtains for sunshine.

All in all, I would say stay in Kuta if you are travelling on budget, and do not mind a busy, noisy neighbourhood.

Room Tip: There is no winning. Rooms facing the beach and the pool have to put up with noise. Rooms facing the...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
BaliGarden, Social Media Marketing at Maharani Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2013

Dear GeeEf,
Warmest greeting from Maharani Beach Hotel

Thank you very much for your review on Trip Advisor.

I am concerned that, whilst you enjoyed your stay reasonably well, there were aspects of your visit that did not meet your expectations. Please accept my most sincere apologies - I am very sorry we did not correct these issues whilst you were staying.

We would very much appreciate the opportunity to change your impression. I would be pleased if you could kindly contact me direct sales@maharanibeachhotel.com in order for us to see how we can improve your next visit.

I look forward to hearing from you and very much hope we have the chance to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed January 8, 2013

i recently stayed and loved the location of the Hotel! Beach is right across the road and plenty of shopping options! Room was cozy and nice and supplied the basic needs.

The pool was fantastic to relax in and enjoyed the swim up bar - but the glass looking into Maccas behind the bar really needs to be covered up or something!! abit weird having people watch you swim and drink.....Bar staff are amazing!! met some really fantastic people! A special Thanks to Wyarn (i think thats how you spell it..) :)

Breakfast is a bit poor...not much options and is usually cold and stail.

Other than that I really enjoyed my stay here, nothin too flash but offers to basic facilities you would need during your stay! not that you spend much time in the room/hotel anyway!!

Room Tip: ask for an ocean view and balcony, i didnt get one but i hear they are fantastic!!
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends

Dear laura m,
Warmest greeting from Maharani Beach Hotel

Thank you for taking the time to write this review regarding your stay at the Maharani Beach Hotel. At Maharani we strive to provide a superior customer service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us.

I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. However, I am disappointed that your breakfast experience did not meet your expectations. I have since addressed the issues with Food & Beverage Manager also to our chef to ensure that we can improve our breakfast in the future.

Thank you again for sharing your experience and we hope your next experience at Maharani will be a memorable and enjoyable stay.

Reviewed January 7, 2013

First, the pool is way too different from the pic, it's small but not too bad. But the thing I wanna say is not just about the swimming pool, but facilities. It's in perfect location but that's it, that's all you can expect, the staff are super friendly but nothing they can help as hotel itself got nothing at all.
They always run out of towel and there's no adapter and hair dryer and no wifi access. And the room is not that clean and seems like their staff from house keeping department is still in training, so they may remember to change your bed sheet but forgot the towel.

So if location is the only thing you care, that's fine. If not,

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
BaliGarden, Social Media Marketing at Maharani Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2013

Dear Cath N,
Warmest greeting from Maharani Beach Hotel

I very much appreciate you taking the time to write your view on the Tripadvisor regarding your recent stay at the Maharani Beach Hotel.

At the outset, let me begin by apologizing to you for the less than adequate experience you received during your stay. Your concerns and the disappointment you have expressed In reference to Adaptor and Hair dryer. We provide those facilities on request, every time guest need the Adaptor, we provide international adaptor in Reception on reques, same as the hair dryer aswell.

And regarding our WiFi with nominal charge for Rp.25.000 (US$2.50) for 3 hours or Rp.50.000 (US$5) for 24 hours is payable to allowed us to provide a reliable internet service through out the hotel aswell as in the room.

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with such valuable feed back, and it is in our hope you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the future.

Reviewed January 5, 2013

We booked as walk in guests and after searching most of the hotels in Kuta, this hotel was the best rate that we got. We wanted a hotel next to the beach and this hotel fit perfectly as it is opposite to Kuta Beach, other attractions like Hard Rock Cafe, Kuta Square, Discovery mall are right around the corner..

We went for beach walk in the night; the rooms are quite new and clean. The staff was the best part, very interactive, pleasant, and kind....

Good customer service, great location, nice rooms.

The only drawback is that this hotel does not have free Wi-Fi and you have to purchase packages, the internet packages that we purchased did not work some times.

Room Tip: This hotel does not have a lift, to avoid climbing stairs, get a room on the ground level.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
nitatraeger, Social Media Marketing at Maharani Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2013

Dear Constance55555,
Warmest greeting from Maharani Beach Hotel

Your concerns and the disappointment you have expressed In reference to the WiFi a nominal charge for Rp.25.000 [US$2.50] for 3 hours and Rp. 50.000 [US$ 5] for 24 hours is payable to allowed us to provide a reliable internet service through out the resort.

We also please note at the Maharani Beach Hotel, we do have a lift right located when you pass our Tari Spa. It has been there since we finished renovated the hotel. Apology if you didn't get a change to use our lift during your stay with us.

We appreciate your sharing your concerns, and it is our hope that you will give us the benefit of the doubt and choose to stay with us again in the near future.

Reviewed January 2, 2013

Firstly I would like to say that staff absolutely make this place! I was always greeted by name & nothing was too difficult. My partner & I got engaged & the staff were as excited as we are! Massive thank you to Nita who went above & beyond to make our time enjoyable. Your the best x

As far as the rooms go - we had a deluxe ocean view room which was nice.. you get what you pay for though, so dont expect anything too fancy. The room & bathroom were a good size. It was quite noisy, so if you want to go to bed early you will struggle.

The location is amazing & even though the breakfast wasn't great, your in the heart of kuta so there are plenty of places to try close by. Every other meal we had was beautiful! We ended up eating there quite a few times!

The pool area was nice & the spa salon great! I guess I'm more of a budget traveller, but its nice to feel like you've had your own piece of luxury even on a budget & they definitely delivered on that!

Once again though I would like to thank Nita & her staff for everything they did! You guys are great!!

• Stayed: December 2012
BaliGarden, Social Media Marketing at Maharani Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2013

Dear bek7,
Warmest greeting from Maharani Beach Hotel

Our congratulations on your engagement and thank you so much for your wonderful remarks, which I have shared with all my team.

It is always pleasing to receive such positive remarks and I am thrilled to hear that we were able to make your day so special.

I’m thrilled you enjoyed your experience on all levels and I’m especially pleased the team looked after you so well.

I Personally would like to say thank you for staying with us and it was good met you and your fiance in personal.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.