“Almost there”

Ranked #105 of 251 Hotels in Kuta
australia
“Almost there”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2012 via mobile

The hotel has undergone a renovation, and although it looks finished some details need finishing.
The pool will be a lot more inviting once the blockwall goes up over the window at McDonalds and the pool bar is finished and staffed.
Great value for money, opposite the beach and on the corner of poppies 1.
Cheap cold bintang 14000 rp at the sand bar restaurant which also has good value meals.
In short, once the pool is finished this will be a great budget stay.

• Stayed November 2012
BaliGarden, Social Media Marketing Manager at Maharani Beach Hotel, responded to this review, November 11, 2012
Dear steviegeeAustralia,
Warmest greeting from Maharani Beach Hotel

Thank you for your quality review. I was thrilled with your observations regarding our Swimming pool and pool bar. Thank you for your pool suggestions. we are in the middle of doing the blocked for the Mcdonalds window, hopefully will be finished by end of the week. I have passed your thoughts onto the appropriate people. If your holiday travels bring you back to Bali, we will look forward to your return visit. If I could be of any assistance in your future reservations, please do not hesitate to ask.

Nita Traeger

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (128)
  • Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2012

I totally agree with the review of 'most impressed'. The Maharani is located in the perfect spot to the beach, shops, restaurants and market areas. Most of all the staff have pretty well perfect customer service that you could hope for. So Nita can you pass onto your fantastic staff many thanks for making our a great one! Would certainly recommend it to all my friends planning a trip to Bali.
Sincere Regards
Wayne & Donna

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank AustraliaWff
BaliGarden, Social Media Marketing Manager at Maharani Beach Hotel, responded to this review, November 9, 2012
Dear AustraliaWff,
Warmest greeting from Maharani Beach Hotel

Thank you for sharing your wonderful experience regarding your stay at Maharani Beach Hotel

We are delighted to serve you as our guest and you are right, we have the best accommodation location close to everywhere.

I will share your comments with our team as I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2012

My first trip to Bali and wanted to be near to everthing like the shops and the beach especially the new Beachwalk shopping centre which I had heard so much about. Well the Maharani has it all. The restaurant and bar are great the prices very reasonable and the service is very friendly. The Manager Criag stopped by our table over breakfast and gave us lots of useful information about the local area where to go as far as touristy things to do and other good resurants to go to. Another good thing about the Maharani is that you can also use the facilities at the Bali Gardens Hotel like their resturant and pools.
I must mention the rooms they are clean have fantastic views!!! And the room rate with breakfast was very reasonable. Would certainly be back next time I come to Bali. Thanks Craig for taking the time to make us feel welcome.

Room Tip: Make sure you are there for Happy Hour drinks and the sunset
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Allison D
Dear Allison D,
Warmest greeting from Maharani Beach Hotel

Thank you so much for your fantastic review on Trip Advisor.

It is always pleasing to receive such positive comments and we are glad that we were able to look after you. We do strive to Create Positive Memorable Hotel Experiences.

I have taken great pleasure in passing on your compliments to the Team and especially Mr. Craig Biber our Hotel General Manager – thank you for making special mention.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Cairns, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2012

Just returned from a holiday in Bali after staying in a villa for 7 nights wanted to shop and go surfing so the Maharani Beach Hotel seemed to fit the bill, well actually it was much cheaper then I had expected to pay for the location.
The food in the Restaurant is great combine that with happy hour drinks and just across the beach so I could surf every day it was perfect. The rooms are not big but who stays in their room in Bali. The spa services were also reasonably priced and very good quality. The staff are so friendly.
All in all it was a great choice for my last few days in Bali. Would certainly recommend it to all my friends planning a trip to Bali.

Room Tip: Get a room facing the surf it is certainly worth the bit extra you pay.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank 4Holidaymaker
BaliGarden, Social Media Marketing at Maharani Beach Hotel, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
Dear 4Holidaymaker,
Warmest greeting from Maharani Beach Hotel

Thank you for sharing your experience regarding your stay at Maharani Beach Hotel

Perth, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2012

This being our very 1st trip to Bali, the staff at the MBH were an absolute delight to deal with and more than helpful. The location is literally just across the road from the beach and situated on Poppies 1. The restaurant (The Sandbar) food is excellent and very good value for money, very cheap Bintang.

The hotel has just been refurbished so what you see in the photo gallery is what you get. Would we stay there again, yes.

Every staff member always had a smile on their face and made you feel very welcome. Making your stay an absolute pleasure.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Bev S
Dear Bev S,
Warmest greeting from Maharani Beach Hotel

I really appreciate your great review – thank you!

I’m thrilled you enjoyed your experience on all levels and I’m especially pleased the team looked after you so well.

We hope to welcome you back soon.

Coogee, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2012

I had read some previous reviews but took the good with the not so good and I have to say I was so impressed to walk into my air conditioned room with fresh white sheets with an AMAZING view of the ocean.
I guess some people focus on the negatives where ever they are but seriously, I spent the afternoon at the Sandbar Restaurant for lunch followed by a wonderful massage, a quick deep in the cool pool followed by a cocktail at happy hour prices then back for a fantastic foot massage...And I did't even leave the hotel.
Across the road is the beach so I headed over with my friends to watch a brilliant sunset. So really
I cannot fault the Maharani one bit. I will certainly be recommend it to all my friends going to Bali in the future.

Room Tip: Pay a little more and ask for a room overlooking the ocean
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Cloe G
BaliGarden, Social Media Marketing at Maharani Beach Hotel, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
Dear Cloe G,
Warmest greeting from Maharani Beach Hotel,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with such valuable feed back.

I very much appreciate you taking the time to write your review on the Trip advisor regarding your recent stay at the Maharani Beach Hotel, as it is through verbal comments and Tripadvisor that we are able to improve our services; it is important to us and our business to receive all feedback, positive and constructive from our guests such as yours, I know your points made on the survey will serve as an encouragement to all our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our hotel, customer service and guest well-being.

Thank you again for sharing your experience and it is our hope that we will be welcoming your return in the future.

Melbourne, Australia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2012

The Maharani was recommended to me by the Australian Consulate, and I have to say it was a very disappointing experience. As previous reviewers have pointed out this hotel has extremely loud dance music vibrating the bed until two and three in the morning every night. It's impossible to get any sleep. The room had an overpowering smell of mustiness. The pool is overlooked by McDonalds and there is a big glass window where the customers gawp at you. The breakfast was the worst I had in Indonesia. Cold and tasteless, no real variety on offer. The staff were unable to make an international phone call for me and the internet was broken. When family contacted the hotel they were told that I had never checked in, despite still being a guest, which sparked a lot of concerns back home.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
10 Thank Ed M
BaliGarden, Social Media Marketing at Maharani Beach Hotel, responded to this review, December 20, 2012
Dear Ed M,
Warmest greeting from Maharani Beach Hotel

I very much appreciate you taking the time to write your view on the Tripadvisor regarding your recent stay at the Maharani Beach Hotel.

At the outset, let me begin by apologizing to you for the less than adequate experience you received during your stay; your concerns and the disappointment you have expressed In reference to the loud music as its sort it out now, that the Club next door now its closed and change in to a Mexican Restaurant.

The pool over looking Mcdonald, its only a temporary as we will soon cover all the glasses with the vertical garden hanging around so it will close all the window so that our guest will have they privacy.

I have shared your feedback with our executive chef who joins me in apologising to you and has assured me he will make sure that all dishes are presented and cooked to perfection. all chefs working morning and evening have been made aware of your feedback and will work very hard to prevent future occurrences.

The management and team of the Maharani Beach Hotel are passionate about exceeding guest expectations, the comfort and satisfaction of their guests is of prime importance, again your comments of disappointment towards our team and the customer service you received it is apparent that regrettably, on this occasion we have fallen short of our key objective and I offer my sincere apologies.

Your constructive feedback has given me the opportunity to work with our team to improve our services and implement the importance of our guest’s well-being.

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with such valuable feed back, and it is in our hope you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the future.