“Staff a delight and very welcoming”

Maharani Beach Hotel
Ranked #114 of 252 Hotels in Kuta
Perth, Australia
“Staff a delight and very welcoming”
Reviewed November 4, 2012

This being our very 1st trip to Bali, the staff at the MBH were an absolute delight to deal with and more than helpful. The location is literally just across the road from the beach and situated on Poppies 1. The restaurant (The Sandbar) food is excellent and very good value for money, very cheap Bintang.

The hotel has just been refurbished so what you see in the photo gallery is what you get. Would we stay there again, yes.

Every staff member always had a smile on their face and made you feel very welcome. Making your stay an absolute pleasure.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Bev S
BaliGarden, Social Media Marketing at Maharani Beach Hotel, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
Dear Bev S,
Warmest greeting from Maharani Beach Hotel

I really appreciate your great review – thank you!

I’m thrilled you enjoyed your experience on all levels and I’m especially pleased the team looked after you so well.

We hope to welcome you back soon.

Nita Traeger

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (129)
  • Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Coogee, Australia
Reviewed November 3, 2012

I had read some previous reviews but took the good with the not so good and I have to say I was so impressed to walk into my air conditioned room with fresh white sheets with an AMAZING view of the ocean.
I guess some people focus on the negatives where ever they are but seriously, I spent the afternoon at the Sandbar Restaurant for lunch followed by a wonderful massage, a quick deep in the cool pool followed by a cocktail at happy hour prices then back for a fantastic foot massage...And I did't even leave the hotel.
Across the road is the beach so I headed over with my friends to watch a brilliant sunset. So really
I cannot fault the Maharani one bit. I will certainly be recommend it to all my friends going to Bali in the future.

Room Tip: Pay a little more and ask for a room overlooking the ocean
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Cloe G
BaliGarden, Social Media Marketing at Maharani Beach Hotel, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
Dear Cloe G,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with such valuable feed back.

I very much appreciate you taking the time to write your review on the Trip advisor regarding your recent stay at the Maharani Beach Hotel, as it is through verbal comments and Tripadvisor that we are able to improve our services; it is important to us and our business to receive all feedback, positive and constructive from our guests such as yours, I know your points made on the survey will serve as an encouragement to all our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our hotel, customer service and guest well-being.

Thank you again for sharing your experience and it is our hope that we will be welcoming your return in the future.

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed October 30, 2012

The Maharani was recommended to me by the Australian Consulate, and I have to say it was a very disappointing experience. As previous reviewers have pointed out this hotel has extremely loud dance music vibrating the bed until two and three in the morning every night. It's impossible to get any sleep. The room had an overpowering smell of mustiness. The pool is overlooked by McDonalds and there is a big glass window where the customers gawp at you. The breakfast was the worst I had in Indonesia. Cold and tasteless, no real variety on offer. The staff were unable to make an international phone call for me and the internet was broken. When family contacted the hotel they were told that I had never checked in, despite still being a guest, which sparked a lot of concerns back home.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
10 Thank Ed M
BaliGarden, Social Media Marketing at Maharani Beach Hotel, responded to this review, December 20, 2012
Dear Ed M,
Warmest greeting from Maharani Beach Hotel

I very much appreciate you taking the time to write your view on the Tripadvisor regarding your recent stay at the Maharani Beach Hotel.

At the outset, let me begin by apologizing to you for the less than adequate experience you received during your stay; your concerns and the disappointment you have expressed In reference to the loud music as its sort it out now, that the Club next door now its closed and change in to a Mexican Restaurant.

The pool over looking Mcdonald, its only a temporary as we will soon cover all the glasses with the vertical garden hanging around so it will close all the window so that our guest will have they privacy.

I have shared your feedback with our executive chef who joins me in apologising to you and has assured me he will make sure that all dishes are presented and cooked to perfection. all chefs working morning and evening have been made aware of your feedback and will work very hard to prevent future occurrences.

The management and team of the Maharani Beach Hotel are passionate about exceeding guest expectations, the comfort and satisfaction of their guests is of prime importance, again your comments of disappointment towards our team and the customer service you received it is apparent that regrettably, on this occasion we have fallen short of our key objective and I offer my sincere apologies.

Your constructive feedback has given me the opportunity to work with our team to improve our services and implement the importance of our guest’s well-being.

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with such valuable feed back, and it is in our hope you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the future.

Launceston
Reviewed October 26, 2012

We recently spent 5 nights at the Maharani Beach Hotel and highly recommend the hotel. It is in an excellent location, great price & has newly renovated rooms. The Sandbar Restaurant serves delicious food & has the cheapest Bintang in Kuta (cheaper than the beach). Absolutely wonderful & kind staff. Lovely pool area with a pool bar about to open. The sister hotel (Bali Gardens) is just a short walk down the beach.
The Maharani is probably the best value & location in Kuta - right on Poppys 1.
Many thanks to Craig, Nita, Herri, Pushpa and all the other great staff.
We will definately be back. - Maree Davis Tasmania Australia

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank MareeB1964
BaliGarden, Social Media Marketing at Maharani Beach Hotel, responded to this review, October 28, 2012
Dear Maree D,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with such valuable feed back.

I very much appreciate you taking the time to write your view on the Tripadvisor regarding your recent stay at the Maharani Beach Hotel, as it is through verbal comments and Tripadvisor that we are able to improve our services; it is important to us and our business to receive all feedback, positive and constructive from our guests such as yours, I know your points made on the survey will serve as an encouragement to all our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our hotel, customer service and guest well-being.

Canberra, Australia
Reviewed October 21, 2012

I've stayed at other hotels in Bali and have found that MBH is the perfect hotel and caters for everyone's needs.

Firstly, the location of the hotel is ideal for anyone as the beach is just a 20 m walk out the front of the hotel for those who wish to relax, tan or have a drink at one of the beach bars. It is located at the start of Poppies I and just a short walk to the newly constructed Beachwalk shopping center and also Poppies II for anyone wanting to go shopping (check Beachwalk out, it's quite impressive). The nightclubs are a short stroll up the Poppies lane ways for those who wish to get amongst the nightlife atmosphere and enjoy a drink.

The hotel itself was great. The staff from the housekeepers to reception were all very friendly and accommodating to any queries or concerns I may have had. They were all more than willing to answer all questions. The room was immaculate and cleaned perfectly every single day without question and the views from the beach side rooms are amazing. The spa was constructed a couple of days prior to my departure and I would suggest to anyone that you give it as the girls are great!

The Sandbar restaurant which is located directly out the front and attached to the hotel, is probably one of the biggest draw cards for me as it boasts great food and beverages at a great price with great staff. I ate here multiple times and managed to try quite a few dishes and was never once disappointed. The staff at sandbar are attentive and very friendly which enticed me to go down and enjoy a drink or two more than I probably should have.

Overall, MBH was perfect for me. I had a great time and would definitely stay there again with friends or family as I am sure they too would enjoy the experience as much as I had.

Room Tip: Try to get a beach facing room. I was fortunate enough to get a top floor room facing the beach and...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank joshuapenman
BaliGarden, Social Media Marketing at Maharani Beach Hotel, responded to this review, October 22, 2012
Dear joshuapenman,
Warmest greeting from Maharani Beach Hotel

Thank you for choosing Maharani Beach Hotel for your recent holiday and for taking the time to write your comment on tripadvisor.

It is always pleasing to receive such positive comments and we are glad that we were able to look after you so well, we do strive to create positive memorable hotel experiences.

Your compliments have been passed onto the team and I do thank you for taking the time to post your review.

Best Regards
Bunbury, Australia
Reviewed October 10, 2012

Yes the hotel is clean, good staff etc, BUT noisy, there is a bar across the lane with music belting out till late at night. Also the drink/food price you see on the reviews have tax on top, drinks cheaper further up poppies lane. Pool is near the restaurant, not my style, sorry! Kuta puri just 50mtts further along the lane in my opinion is much better, similar price.

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
BaliGarden, Social Media Marketing at Maharani Beach Hotel, responded to this review, October 12, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,
Warmest greeting from Maharani Beach Hotel

Thank you for taking the time to write a review.

Thank you for your feedback and comments making reference to our hotel cleanliness and good staff. I am naturally extremely concerned you did not enjoy your stay and offer my sincere apologies. This is certainly not the impression we would wish you to leave with.

Please accept our apologies for the noise coming from our neighbor venue. I am pleased to advise that this has been rectified as they are changing the concept of their venue and currently closing in the surrounds of the previously “open air” bar/restaurant so the music does not impact on others. It is correct that our restaurant prices are plus tax, however with icy cold beers available from only 14,000 ++ and an extensive value for money menu we are generally noted as a very well priced restaurant, serving quality food.

Hoping we may have the opportunity of welcoming you back when you are next in Bali.

Reviewed October 4, 2012

I have just stayed at this hotel. Very clean and the staff excellent. Beautiful view from our room and we loved the restaurant
(The Sandbar). The breakfast is buffet and a very good array of food to choose from. When we revisit Bali, this will certainly
Be the place for us to stay.

Jennifer and Tony Taranto

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Jennifer T
BaliGarden, Social Media Marketing at Maharani Beach Hotel, responded to this review, October 4, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,