“Worth coming back”

Bakung Sari Resort and Spa
Ranked #149 of 254 Hotels in Kuta
Reviewed November 11, 2012

Last year I stayed in Bakungsari with my partner. For me it was the third time and definitely not the last time. The rooms are fine, because you definitely don't pay to much. In the morning you can get a free breakfast which is very diverse. After eating you can relax at the swimming pool where you can lay down on a bed.

The location of the hotel is the finest thing about the stay. It lays in the centre of Kuta, but still it is not crowded. You can walk to the beach in 5 minutes and it is surrounded by good restaurants, such as NIKMAT and a lot of nice souvenir shops.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Alyssa T
There are newer reviews for Bakung Sari Resort and Spa

Reviewed November 5, 2012

We stay here quite often.Very central location Nice pool Rooms are very basic but for the ammount of time you are in them they are a great price. The hotel has been doing small renovations all for the better Have got to know the staff they are very friendly and helpful

Room Tip: we always go superior as these are the rooms round the pool although all the standard rooms have be...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank olly32
Reviewed October 18, 2012

I'd read a few reviews before booking the Bakung Sari, and I'm not really surprised by some other opinions but it didn't affect my stay, we didn't have anything to go wrong.
We'd been travelling around Europe in a small camper for 6 months staying at crowded campsites with shared, mostly dirty/sandy facilities, which was fun for us, so anything with our own bathroom and more than a metre of space around the bed is luxury to us. The Bakung Sari were able to happily check us in at 1am when we arrived, gave us a refreshing glass of juice, and helped us get our heavy bags up to our standard room (which was larger than I thought it would be) overlooking the pool. It was one of the older rooms so there were definitely things that could be fixed (the flush on the toilet, maybe another wall in the bathroom so everything doesn't get wet after a shower, updated furniture etc )but our room was clean and had a great view over the pool and garden (which are very well maintained). I was surprised that breakfast was included (I wasn't aware of this when I booked) and it's basic but filled us up enough to start each day. We used the wifi and the reception in our room was fine. We were close enough to warungs, convenience shops, other shops, spas etc to have things to do if we didn't feel like walking the 10min into Kuta, but far enough away that I found it to be quiet compared to some other places closer to the centre of the action.
We'd originally booked for 2 nights and ended up needing to extend whilst we found somewhere long term down near Uluwatu and purchased all our surf gear, and the hotel were more than happy to honour the same rate we'd paid on Asia Rooms for an additional night and we didn't need to change rooms.
All in all it's great if you just want something basic and cheap - go elsewhere and pay more if you want luxury.

Room Tip: I thought the standard un-renovated rooms were fine, but pay the little bit extra for the newer room...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Kate B
Reviewed October 14, 2012

This Hotel was a bit outdated and Not clean. I didn't wanna sleep on the blanket or a pillow. Room was stuffy and Breakfast was Not fresh..However, quite good location, nice swimming pool. And If U wanna rent a bike or call for local Taxi, U just simply need to talk to front desk. This was very convenient.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank HYUN C
Reviewed October 10, 2012

We were not expecting much because it was cheap but it was worse that we expected. We had to ask for towels. The shower water was luke warm and sprayed all over the bathroom wetting everthing. The bathroom door was rotted and swollen and wouldn't close. The pillows were so flat and hard I had to roll up the bedspread and cover it with a sarong to use as a pillow. We were on the third floor with narrow steep steps which wore you out. The breakfast was just edible. We would never stay there again.

Room Tip: They do have some refurbished rooms but they were empty. If you ask for one of them it might be bett...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank 61dorisj
Reviewed October 8, 2012

First time I got a room with 2 single beds, I complaints because I booked for 1 double bed room. Receptionist asked to wait a day, because someone will check out on next day.
Next day, we got double bed room, I checked as soon as possible, good thing, we got bath tub, bad thing, toilet seat not flush very good, water not refill fast, I always used shower (hot and cold water) to refill toilet water if wanna do my natural call in bathroom :D 2 mechanics tried to repair toilet,but failed :)
About bedroom, enough big, big window (I got views roofs of houses not to swimmpool), flat screen television, an ashtray, 2 chairs, a table, a table+mirror (for woman to make up :p) and a small refrigerator. Little bit dusty but I can accept that :) I got clean towels everyday.
Breakfast menu: choose fried noodle/omelet + tea/coffee + orange juice, foods and drinks taste for me "ok". Bakungsari have 2 gates, front gate will bring you to Raya Kuta street, and back gate will bring you to Kuta Square (10 min walk),Discovery Mall,Matahari,etc. I stayed 4 days.

*Call receptionist if you need something for you're room or maybe get trouble with toilet.
*Bakungsari have a spa,can order to room (receptionist gave to me spa brochure but I'm not try it)
Happy Holiday!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank nggi
Reviewed October 3, 2012

We stayed in the new rooms, they do not overlook the pool but they are really big, have a TV, new fridge and good clean bathrooms. Rooms are cleaned with fresh towels every day. Reasonably priced and breakfast is big and really good.

The grounds are very pretty and the pool is great. They could do with a few more sunbeds though as there is no where near enough for the number of rooms in the hotel.

The Indonesian food in the restaurant was great.

We did ask for a 'free transfer' from the airport, which they advertised on their booking site. But they did not respond.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank rebecca a
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kuta
The Oasis Kuta
#74 of 254 in Kuta
Amaris Hotel Legian
Amaris Hotel Legian
#67 of 87 in Legian

Been to Bakung Sari Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!