“Love it”

Tanaya Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #3 of 283 Kuta B&B and Inns
Reviewed February 10, 2011

I've stayed here twice back when it was still called Bamboo. It was an oasis of calm in the middle of the hustle & bustle that is Kuta. The food at the restaurant was great. The rooms were super clean and comfortable. But the thing that will keep me coming back is the staff. They are wonderful. They actually helped me & my friend plan most of our trip once we'd arrived, and we were very satisfied.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank maddy_sc
There are newer reviews for Tanaya Bed & Breakfast

Reviewed February 9, 2011

Tanaya is the best BB we've ever had, the location, the cleanliness, the staff are marvelous.
they even let us extend our check out from 12.00 to 13.00 just because we wanted to do Dhuhur prayer (sholat).

Next time visit to Bali, I will contact you first. off course :)

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 8, 2011

NO REGRETS!
I love how the staff served us.
I love the room's cleanliness.
I love the atmosphere in here.
I love the concept of the building.
I love the location.
I just love this place!!!!

And when I get back to Bali, I'll stay here again FOR SURE!

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank melllsss
Reviewed January 24, 2011

The room I was in was extremely noisy although clean. The staff charged me for a room that was higher than the room rate advertised online. In addition, when I asked for a late check out they said that it was possible for me to do this. Yet, hours later I was told that the late check out could not happen as they were busy. Also, they asked for more money because the date I arrived was not the date that was booked online. I was surprised because I checked the dates I selected before booking it but I paid up the extra cost without a fuss. So, along with this extra cost which I paid in cash, when I first arrived I paid for the room in full on my travel card along with a deposit. Upon returning home, I checked my travel card and found that they had charged it more than the actual advertised room rate. So, I was scammed on my travel card plus the cash that I handed over. Also, my deposit was not returned.

Furthermore, on the day that we checked out, as I packed I found that there were some items missing that I had left laying around the room. I did not complain to the staff which I should have done at that time, but as it was Christmas day I did not want to cause any unpleasantness.

This place may be clean but the staff are not honest and will scam you.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
3  Thank aitenshi
dedaun, Manager at Tanaya Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2011

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for your comment on tripadvisor. It was very unfortunate for you not to have a pleasant stay in our property. Allow me to reply to all your concerns as follows. First of all, during your stay which was Christmas eve, Bali is always busy and so is our accommodation. All rooms have double glass windows installed and I apologise if you still found the noise a bit disturbing. Secondly, your original reservation with us was actually for check in 23 JAN 2011 and check out 25 JAN 2011, however you did come to our property on 24 DEC 2010 morning and wanted to check in straight away without any reservation for that night. Our staff managed to offer you a room which you agreed to take. The rate in your original reservation was our low season rate for January 2011 and December 2010 is unfortunately a peak season period. However, our staff did give you a cheaper rate than offered online. Our best available online rates for peak season period for the room category you chose is US$59 net a night (as stated in our website). We did charge you US$55.44 net a night, US$3.56 cheaper than our best rates offered. You initially paid a deposit which we had deducted it from the final balance, so you were not charged anything more than US$55.44 net a night including your prior deposit. At the end we charged you for 2 nights stay, 1 night for the early check in on 24 DEC 2010 and another night for the next night before you check out on 25 DEC 2010, which you had agreed and acknowledged in our guest registration form. Thirdly, late check out is available subject to availability. Unfortunately as the period you stayed was a peak season period, late check out was not available because all rooms had been pre-booked by the next guests checking in. Lastly, regarding your missing item, we have strict rules and procedures for all our staff on how to handle guests’ belongings. I can assure you since we opened the hotel more than 1 year ago, we have no complains whatsoever about any guests’ item missing. Had you informed us on the day you checked out, we could done every efforts and have investigated this issue straight away and maybe did a thorough room check with you just to make sure. In conclusion, all the above issues occurred because the reserved dates were not the same as the checked in dates. Our staff had made every effort to offer you a room and what happened with the rates and late check out were just misunderstanding.

I hope all our explanation above are satisfactory. I hope to welcome you back at Tanaya to give us opportunity to serve you better.

Arie Santoso
Operation Manager
Tanaya Bed & Breakfast

Reviewed January 8, 2011

This is really a VERY pleasant surprise! We had one night left in Bali and decided to stay in Kuta. We drove to Tanaya, looks very posh and modern; but decided to look around first. Boy, are we glad to end up here eventually.

For a B&B, it was a little pricey (the charges for it being a peak period is really unnecessary). Otherwise it's the best place to stay in Kuta. Staff is very friendly, we stayed in a deluxe and it's very clean. It has a fresh hotel scent and we felt like we're in a real hotel.

Breakfast was nothing splendid, but we didn't mind because we had the best sleep. Wish we stayed longer though.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 23, 2010

For a budget hotel, this is an excellent spot. My husband and I were looking for a place to stay for our last night in Bali while on our honeymoon. We had to be at the airport early the next morning so I was happy to find this little gem in Kuta. We were not planning on spending a lot of time in the hotel itself, just looking for a spot to crash and that was still close to Kuta beach and restaurants. We found it here at Tanaya. It was nicer than I expected, based on the price. It was very clean and modern and we had a good night sleep. I would recommend this place for anyone who is looking to be right in the hustle and bustle of Kuta and is looking for a spot close to the beach and/or airport.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 23, 2010

.....Simply because this place is unlike any other B&Bs in KUTA/LEGIAN at all!
It's clean, modern, good location, and very comfortable. U get to eat breakfast at an outdoor deck overlooking the morning bustle of the Legian street. When i was there, breakfast consisted of mini chocolate croissants, sultana croissant or something that looks like it, mini chocolate n banana muffins, tea/coffee, juice, and fruits. Not bad for a B&B!

I took a triple room with a shared bathroom and toilet. But you're actually just sharing a sink area n a big mirror with your next door neighbour. Each 'shared bathrooms' have actually 2 SEPARATE doors on each side of the sink area. Consisting of a standing shower with very fragrant soap/shampoo and toilet. So really, it's not quite bad, not having/booking an ensuite bathroom room in this B&B. There's no invasion of privacy involved.

The room's pillows and bed were so super comfy. Air conditioning had no problems. There's even a TV in my room and a decent sized window. The size of room for a triple beds is not that big, but still cozy. I had a good sleep, the noise from the street and the clubs nearby didnt penetrate through the B&B's walls i guess. There's 1 computer near the reception where u can use to check mails or FB or even TA!

My only GRIPE was that there's this one male staff at reception that was unhelpful and dishonest when asked how much was the base rate for a rental of motorcycle per day around the area. He said he's unsure, but he knows that TANAYA offers a bike rental service for 60,000 IDR for 6 hours. That being my 1st time with bike rentals in Kuta, agreed on the offer n to my dismay discovered later on in the day by a newfound local friend that i was ripped off, and that i could actually get the bike rented for the WHOLE DAY with that price. Base rate being 50,000 IDR for 1 WHOLE DAY for a <200cc motorcycle. My point was that, how can the staff not know? They work there in Kuta/Legian! But maybe they just wanted to help out a friend with his Bike Rental services that is based right infront of Tanaya. (Found out later that the bike rental service wasnt even from Tanaya)

Oh wells, It IS Bali. U'll get ripped off anyhow anyways. U learn from experiences.

Good luck and stay safe. xx

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kuta
Hotel Terrace At Kuta
Loft Legian Hotel
Loft Legian Hotel
#24 of 87 in Legian
Sun Island Hotel & Spa Legian

Been to Tanaya Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!