“Nice hotel but a bit noisy”

Tanaya Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #3 of 285 Kuta B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 5, 2012

The hotel is 10 mins walk to the beach and on the main road which very easy to get a taxi. It's not far from the airport about 20 mins or IDR 30,000.

The room is very nice and value for money. The bed is very comfy like a 5 stars hotel. The only problem is the noise. It's always the sound of the street even late at night. You will also hear the people talking in the corridor or the room next door.

The Dara Spa which recommended by the hotel is also very good.

• Stayed: June 2012

Reviewed June 4, 2012

We stayed here for 2 nights before departing home. The price was the average price of places in the area. The service staff were very nice, although the room was tiny. We were awakened before 7am both days due to load music and people yelling and stomping. The location was great. But I would never stay here again

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank Katie N
Reviewed May 27, 2012

I stayed for 2 nights in April 2012
very good location and reasonable price and staff was very helpful
an so nearby with the airport, Took a taxi almost midnight and cost me around US $ 6.
Will be stay here again

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Haminyyz381
Reviewed May 17, 2012

It is a very basic guesthouse with good location at Legian area (surrounding with shops and restaurant). We stay in a triple room no:16 which is at the back of the shop, so loud music surrounding cannot be heard which is very good for a light sleeper but noise from other rooms can easily be heard in our room. Toilet and bathroom are separate into 2 rooms. However, our room air-con does not work very well as the air-con swing is broken. The television is hanging on the wall (may be a bit dangerous for tall people). The guesthouse got no lift and the stair case is slightly a bit small. Breakfast is okay.

Room Tip: Rooms behind the shops are quieter
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank nggt
Reviewed May 9, 2012 via mobile

It's good BnB even I felt Bali is an unpleasant travel destination!!

Location is okay for going kuta beach by walking. Along the way to beach, there are many shops, restaurants, bike rent and massage stores. Convenient!

Room is clean and the staffs are helpful but there are two things:
First, My room type is weird because I own my restroom and shower space but it is out side of my room. Next, I think that during your payment beware of they how you price on US dollars but ask you to pay in IDR, which is higher charge after they transfer my room rate to IDR. Thus, I'm quite unpleasant and found out that it's Balis way to cheat tourist. Totally, I find Bali is not a pleasant place to stay because they never show you the real. They hide things and play something tricky. But if you would like to go bali and would like to stayin kuta and then Tanaya woul be a good place for you to Stay.

• Stayed: May 2012
1  Thank AmyChiu
Reviewed April 21, 2012

I stayed at the Tanaya B & B from the 15th to the 17th of April and found the rates very reasonable considering I only paid USD 47 a night.
Location:
- Very central and has many convenience stores nearby. I am quite tolerant of loud music but those who prefer peace and quiet might not find it so pleasant.
- Its on Jalan Legian but is actually considered in the Kuta area. Just a 15 minute walk to Kuta Square and the beach - longer if one keeps going in and out of the many shops along the way.
Reception and Breakfast Staff:
- Polite, helpful, and ever smiling. I cannot fault them one bit. The fact that i speak Bahasa Malaysia/Indonesia might have helped a lot but their level of English was acceptable.
- They recommended me a driver, Pak Nyoman who was honest and obliging and charged a reasonable rate.
Room: No 19, on the ground floor.
- Very quiet and extremely clean, decor was nice and modern.
- No wardrobe (hooks instead), fridge and coffee/tea making facilities but it really did not matter at all considering there are so many convenience stores nearby.
- I like how there is constant sunlight streaming into the room from the windows - it made it bright and cheerful, but I had trouble each time adjusting the window blinds.
- Only complaint was the throw cushion on the bed which smelled like it had never been washed!
Bathroom:
- The jasmine (i think) scented shower gel needed getting used to - it wasnt a scent I liked so I used my own.
- The shower cubicle's water drained a little too slow into the drain, but thankfully it did not overflow.
- They replenished towels everyday with very plush and thick towels - even the floor towel was thick and i did appreciate that very much.
Breakfast:
- Served at the patio on the first floor overlooking the shops of Jalan Legian and it was pleasant watching people go by and seeing shop staff praying and placing their offerings to their Gods.
- Food alternated between savoury and sweet everyday. Muffins, croissants, sandwiches etc which they were obliging to pack when we were in a hurry one morning.
Wifi:
- Not available in the room but excellent in the lobby. The complimentary use of the PC at the lobby was a great bonus.

Definitely great value for a B&B and for the rate I paid. I'm looking forward to staying there when i go to Bali next.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank NanieO62
Reviewed April 16, 2012

For a B&B (Bed & Breakfast), I would rate this as a 4.5 Star. We stayed for 4 days 3 nights and were more than happy.

Plus points:
+1) Size: The room was small but for a B&B standard it is considered average size
+2) Maintanence : Well maintained indeed
+3) Cleanliness (which to us is most important) : spotless
+4) Overall interior : like a 4 Star hotel (minus the size, no fridge which is perfectly fine)
+5) Bed : Comfy enough
+6) Daily house keeping is a bonus with new clean towels everyday.
+7) View : we were told there's no room with windows yet we were given a room with window but the view was no good. Yet, i wouldn't complain, the fact that this is a B&B.
+8) Complimentary Breakfast:
Though basic (just like normal B&B) but they use good quality bread.
* Fruit juice (orange/ guava/ apple)
* Coffee/ tea
* Fruits
* Chicken Ham Sandwich with good quality bread
OR mini Muffin + mini danish + a mini pastry
(changes daily)
Service can be a little slow though but I won't complain.
+9) Location : Right at Kuta shopping street with lots of pubs, restaurants, shops
Walking distance to Hard Rock and Beach (about 20min walk)

+10) If you want to chill at night, you can buy some drinks or read a book at the breakfast area (which is like an extended balcony area) over looking the busy street with music playing from the pub across the road.

Minus Points:
-1) My friend had her luggage bag locked with an external number lock. When we returned, she realised the lock had been forced open and she was very sure she had it locked properly.

Informed the receptionist on the same night (14 Apr 2012, Saturday). He just listened but didn't seem to be have reaction/ feelings towards what i said. Then i said "it's ok, i will lodge a complaint when we check out tomorrow".

Upon checking out on the next day (15 Apr 2012, Sunday at about 10+am) , I told the receptionist (another person) about this and he asked if anything was stolen. I told him nothing was stolen as we intentionally did not leave any valuable in the room. His reply was "the most important thing is nothing is stolen".

They didn't seem to be bothered by this and didn't even record it down nor advising us that they will take any action.

I do hope the manager incharged is reading this. Our room number is 2 (near the breakfast area)

-2) If you are a light sleeper, you may want to request for a quiet room. Our room was right at the front most, but we were perfectly fine with the music at night.. which to us is like a background music. So no issue at all.

-3) We asked the receptionist on day 2 (13 Apr) to help us call a day tour operator which we found the night before, to book a driver. He did. A little later, he told us he has a cheaper contact and helped us cancel the earlier one.

But we did not like the driver.. we requested him to take us to inexpensive restaurant for local Indonesia food. We repeatedly mentioned 3 to 4 times we do not want restaurants for tourists and we want to go to an inexpensive restaurant where the local Indonesian eats. He repeated to confirm our request and said "no problem".

Don't think its a miscommunication as we spoke to him in Malay/ semi-Indonesian language as we are from Malaysia (Malay and Indonesian language is like 75% close).

He (driver) ended up taking us to a restaurant for tourist with seafood & chinese cooking clearly printed on the menu.

-4) On day 2, when I enquired at about cost of transport to airport, the receptionist of Tanaya told me it will cost about 60,000 ruppiah either taking metred taxi or private car is the same price. He said should we need, he can help arrange for the private car.

Being a frequently budget traveller in Asia, we delibrately opt for metred taxi to the airport. It ended up a lot cheaper, 27,000 rupiah (instead of 60,000 rupiah as what we were told).

My point is (based on above points -3 & -4) , personal discernment is important and not rely 100% on what you were told.

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper, you may want to request for a quiet room. Our room was right at the fron...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank Evangelista2008
Tanaya B, E COMMERCE STAFF at Tanaya Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2012

Dear Ms. Siew Fong Ng,

Warm greeting from Tanaya B&B.

Thank you for staying with us at tanaya bed & breakfast and sharing your experience with us on TripAdvisor.
We appreciate your concern, interest and the time taken to bring these matters to our attention. It is with much regret I read about the unfortunate circumstances of your recent stay at our hotel.

In regard of the luggage feedback, we have strict rules and procedures for all of our staff on how to handle guest’s belongings. Please rest assured that our staffs follow a strict protocol when entering guests room for housekeeping service. We will ensure to review the issue you have raised and take a proper investigation to the team. However, we apologies if our front office staff were failing to provide the action you expected and more importantly responds and resolve prior to your departure.

For the tour operator, we apologise if this has caused you some incoveniences. There is absolutely no excuse for any of the inadequacies you encountered. We will take the appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent future occurrence.
And for airport transport issue, our Reception usually providing information according to our database. An airport taxi or private transport will charged at minimum Rp. 60.000,- for one way service of drop off or pick up to or from Airport. While for ordinary taxi available on the street, we usually recommend Blue Bird Taxi. Maximum estimation cost of Rp. 60.000,- are informed to prevent any complaints from guest shall traffic occured during the time which will affect to the metre.
It is our hope that with this short information, it will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the near future. We assure you that your comments have been of value to us to provide the best possible standards to
our guest at all times.

Thank you for your kind understanding and we look forward to seeing you again at Tanaya Bed & Breakfast.

Best personal regards,

Arie Santoso
Operation Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Kuta
Hotel Terrace At Kuta
Park Regis Kuta Bali
Park Regis Kuta Bali
#56 of 252 in Kuta
Grandmas Plus Hotel Legian

Been to Tanaya Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!