Good Indonesian Food Tour
Open today: 12:00 AM - 11:59 PM

Ways to Experience Good Indonesian Food Tour
from $69.75
More Info
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed February 22, 2019 via mobile

Thank you Ratih for the most amazing and educational experience Thursday evening. If you want local, you get it. Go to the heart of Bali, Denpasar, it blows your mind. This capital city is overload for the senses all in a good way. Our guide Ratih takes you to some amazing Warungs (cafes) that specialise in one dish each only together with street vendors and the market for truly amazing Indonesian food. The walk-in tour is a casual pace, same as if you are walking the streets shopping so no need to worry. You walk through the food market which in itself is an experience with the sights and smells. We booked via TripAdvisor. You then receive email confirming and I replied so as to arrange hotel pick up and drop off with a text next day confirming time, easy. Do yourself a favour and go on this trip. You won’t be disappointed and you won’t get sick(in case you’re wondering). Your guide brings tissues wipes etc so all good.

2  Thank helenb430
GIF-TOUR, Founder at Good Indonesian Food Tour, responded to this reviewResponded July 21, 2019

Thank you for your your feedback. We are glad that you had a great time with us :)

Reviewed February 12, 2019

We had an amazing time on this tour! We wanted to try something different while in Bali and this was a perfect choice.

We walked the streets of the old part of Denpasar which is really non-touristy. All the food we tried was frequented by locals and was absolutely delicious.

Our guide (not sure how to spell her name - maybe Aaradhya?) was very knowledgable about the food but also the history. She was prepared with everything (hand sanitiser, tissues, wipes, water, etc).

I would recommend not eating breakfast before the tour (soo much food provided!) and bringing a hat for the walking.

Date of experience: February 2019

Reviewed February 4, 2019 via mobile

My wife and I were on our honeymoon and we love to eat when on vacation. This was such a fantastic idea on our part and our tour guide (forgot her name but she was young and spoke English fairly well) was one of the best guides we've had. She took us to 6 different places and explained what we were eating, the cultural significance, and how the different dishes or shoppes are a part of the locals everyday lives. Our favorite dish was the Martabak! Unfortunately we were the only 2 on the tour that day so we couldn't share our food with anyone and only had a little bit of each dish. We loved martabak so much so that we ordered more a few days later. We highly recommend this food tour! It takes you out of your comfort zone and introduces you to dishes and places you wouldn't otherwise try on your own or know to even look for! Tour guide also brought hand sanitizer and wet wipes which were super handy, she also provided us some water. We recommend bringing your own water too dependent on the time of year.

1  Thank Torin D

Reviewed January 13, 2019 via mobile

My group of four was incredibly excited for this tour. We all love learning about food and this seemed like a great tour to go with. So I made the booking and was pumped!

A few weeks after booking I got an email stating they couldn’t find my reservation with the hotel so they could know where to pick us up! I read all the confirmation information and realized I booked for 11/28 instead of 1/28. This was still several days before 11/28.

I apologized profusely and kindly asked if they would change the date. I could see on their website that they still had availability on 1/28.

No word back.

I emailed. I called. I messaged. I said they’d get the biggest tip they’ve ever gotten if they would please just mov our date.

Not. A. Word.

Why would they?! They already had their money and didn’t have to do a thing for it. There was no consideration, no communication, and no compassion.

I’ve been sick about it ever since. I understand selecting the wrong date was my fault, but they had several days notice and the availability to change it, they just chose not to.

So many other companies in Bali offer 24-hour cancellation. Be warned: they don’t offer ANY flexibility in changing dates or cancellations.

5  Thank KristinHeil
Reviewed January 12, 2019

My partner and I joined Ratih along with another couple in the Denpasar Night Food Tour. During the tour you will learn about Balinese culture and history as well as dine at warung's/food stands you would not normally try whist in Indonesia. You are taken to popular local restaurants and given very LARGE portions of varying dishes - all flavours which were completely new to us. Definitely go on an empty stomach as we were full 20% in.

Ratih is a lovely and bubbling guide and couldn't recommend the tour with her enough.

Date of experience: January 2019
1  Thank heston1506

Thank you for your feedback. We are glad that you had a great time with us :).