“Good location but a bit worn”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Kuta Bungalows

Kuta Bungalows
Kuta Bungalows
Ranked #236 of 251 Hotels in Kuta
Oslo, Norway
“Good location but a bit worn”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2010

We stayed here for our last six days on Bali. The hotel looks a bit worn however it is centrally located near many bars, restaurants and shops, and is only 5 min away from the beach. The bungalows are a bit worn, the bed is way to soft and the bathroom and "sink area" looks like i have not been cleaned for a while, but the AirCon worked fine. Around 7-8 AM every morning we where woken up a noise, that sounded like someone is cleaning just outside our room. The Indonesian breakfast was good however the continental was not.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
3 Thank osl99

Families
Business
UK
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2009

Looks like the place was built 20 years ago and they have done nothing since. Bedsheets dirty and ripped, TV old and only local channels, curtains shabby and unable to close which is a problem when you are overlooking the pool. We checked straight out of the place but the owner wanted us to pay US$25 for booking a room. After an argument and having to call an Indonesian friend we ended up paying US$10 each which was well worth it to get out of this shabby, run down, overpriced hole. Found another hotel for around the same price and the comparison was extreme. This is a rip off place and I think they live off lost deposits!!!!

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with friends
4 Thank Jimbob45

Travelers are raving about these Kuta hotels

new jersey
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2008

Place smells, ceiling has large cracks and holes, caving wallboard, rust spots, moldy stains. Bathroom toilet hadn't been cleaned for years, had black stripes in it, I asked for sheets to be changed, they were dirty. I was afraid to get under the covers the first night. We had items stolen from our room, lizards were crawling in the room because the doors didn't really close properly. Entire facility had large holes in ceilings, dirt everywhere. Our room was carpeted, someone came in with a handmade broom and made some cursory sweeps with it; I don't they they have vacuums, you can imagine what's living in those carpets. Bathroom mirror is clouded and impossible to see (which may be a blessing). Large crack in outside bathroom floor running across the tile on the floor. all bathrooms are outside. Has a nice size pool; tiles are loose, some missing. Chairs by pool have nails sticking out, in complete disrepair, two cushions for 4 chairs with heavy staining. I will never forgive my travel agent for putting me in this dump when there are so many options available.

• Liked — it was a place to sleep
  • Disliked — everything else
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
Jakarta
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2008

My dissapointment started few weeks prior to my arrival, when
they refused to take my reservation, but told me to just come to the hotel. I even tried to offer pre-payment to secure my room, but they still did not want to confirm it.

But anyway, I stayed there just last year (April, 2008) and it was nice so by the time I arrived at Kuta, I just came to the hotel. Apparently they still have 1 room available.

When I arrived to my room, I was very surprised to find the room was very dirty.
The bed cover and the curtain was full of stain and some part even torn.

I went to the bath room and quite satisfied to see the toilet bowl was clean.
Then I turned the shower on to wash my feet and left the bathroom.
But I was very shocked when I came back 5 minutes later to find worms everywhere. I guess it must have come out from the shower.

So I went to the reception (who was having a nap at the reception desk!!) and told him about the incident. But he only stared at me, without even saying sorry and asked some other guy to look at my room.

Then I left for few hours and when I got back, I was very mad to find out that, they might have cleaned some of the worms, but they left 1 dead worm on the floor.
It was very disgusting. And they did not even took the garbage from the trash bin!

So I packed and left. When I checked out, the people at the receprion desk did not even ask why I checked out so early, (not even staying for a night) but just asked me to sign the bill.

That was the worst experience I've ever had.
It was too bad because the room used to be so nice. It was pretty spaacious, and they do have nice garden and pool, too.
But I will never come back there again.

• Liked — location, the pool, the garden
  • Disliked — cleanliness, the staffs, the rooms
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)