All reviews scoopon deal hourly shuttle local shopping centre hotel bali junior suite movie room beautiful hotel steam room buffet breakfast interconnecting rooms rooms are great extra bed pleasant stay star hotel the hotel offers quiet area front office
Reviewed May 26, 2018

We spent 7 days at The Sintesa Jimbaran using a Scoopon voucher, with 2 adults and 2 children aged 13 and 11. We were very impressed with the value and added services offered on the voucher. We were greeted at 1am by a friendly staff member and were surprised with a room upgrade to a 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom apartment. The apartment was huge and much bigger than we were expecting, but the beds were quite hard.

Staff are very friendly and accommodating and go above and beyond to ensure a happy and memorable stay. They all remembered our names from the minute we arrived. Good range of food at the buffet breakfast with changes to the dishes offered everyday. Three course dinners provided on the Scoopon voucher were excellent and very tasty. The chocolate lava cake was the highlight for us!

It was my birthday during our stay. A group of staff members came out during breakfast singing 'Happy Birthday' with a lovely cake which served 10 people. Every staff member shook my hand and offered good wishes for the day. I was very impressed!

Although the hotel is in a remote location, it is easy enough to catch the hourly shuttle and go to Jimbaran beach or Samasta for a bit of shopping and lunch. Staff are happy to call metered taxis to the hotel if you wish to visit other areas. Taxi cost was very reasonable, $10 (100,000 rupiah) to Kuta or Nusa Dua.

Movie room next door to The BARber allowed our kids to watch Netflix while we enjoyed a few drinks and games of pool with a live band. Great range of cocktails and drinks. Services offered by the old fashioned barber were excellent and very well priced. Although the pool is shaded in the afternoon, the morning sun warms the pool up nicely and provides a refreshing swim.

Overall, we were very happy and impressed with our stay. Would recommend this hotel for those looking for a peaceful, relaxing holiday!

Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
The Sintesa Jim... B, Guest Relations Manager at The Sintesa Jimbaran, responded to this reviewResponded May 31, 2018

Dear Fiona B,

Warmest Greetings from The Sintesa Jimbaran,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your recent experience with us and I am so pleased to read your sincere feedback after staying at The Sintesa Jimbaran. It is a true pleasure to know that you enjoyed everything during your stay.

We highly appreciate your positive feedback regarding our hotel facilities also services and i will relay your compliment to all staffs.

once again thank you for choosing our resort and I will certainly share it with the team. We sincerely look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you and your family back again at the resort for another memorable and relaxing experience.

Reviewed May 8, 2018

We purchased a package deal in Australia and it included flights, six nights' accommodation in a junior suite, two massages, three dinners, and a free daily cocktail or beer for both. The hourly shuttle provides transport to a shopping centre and Jimbaran Beach. The staff were extremely helpful.

Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Robyn E
The Sintesa Jim... B, Guest Relations Manager at The Sintesa Jimbaran, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2018

Dear Robyn E,

Thank you for taking your time to share you experience regarding your recent stay at 'The Sintesa' Jimbaran Bali. I am honored to read your positive comment regarding our facilities and services. As you may know your comfort and your attention receive our first attention. I will relayed your compliment to all staffs of The Sintesa Jimbaran

At 'The Sintesa' Jimbaran, we are striving to provide the excellent service and experience to our guest. Your valuable feed back is really important to me and my team.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Bali.

Reviewed April 18, 2018

This is actually one of the best hotels I've ever stayed in. I travel to about 3 countries a year and come from a hotel background myself (Marriott, Radisson, Millennium) and can say that the level of detail the staff has is amazing.

The bar staff specifically went above and beyond to make me feel welcome. The only regret is that I was not able to stay longer. When I come back, this will be the hotel I choose from now on

Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
The Sintesa Jim... B, Guest Relations Manager at The Sintesa Jimbaran, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2018

Dear severinedesrosiers,

Warmest Greetings from The Sintesa Jimbaran,

We highly appreciate your positive feedback regarding our hotel facilities also services and i will relayed your compliment to all staffs.

Reviewed April 15, 2018

As our first experience of Bali I was so pleased with chowing Sintesa.
We got a great deal for two rooms for 7 days on scoopon and it did not disappoint. Helpful staff that were kind and always remembered kids names.
Would highly recommend

Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
The Sintesa Jim... B, Guest Relations Manager at The Sintesa Jimbaran, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2018

Dear Jennifer M,

Warmest Greetings from The Sintesa Jimbaran,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your recent experience with us and I am so pleased to read your sincere feedback after staying at The Sintesa Jimbaran. It is a true pleasure to know that you enjoyed everything during your stay, also thank you for recommending our resort.

Reviewed April 13, 2018 via mobile

I can not describe the full extent of our horrific experience in words, so I took some pictures! Do take a look and make your own mind up!
The Service is terrible! The staff are very “friendly” and “smiley” but don’t mistake that for very helpful and most of all genuine as it’s anything but genuine!

We arrived to the hotel late at night after a 17 hrs flight and were made to wait 1st at the airport for 1hr for our transfer ( for which they were going to charge as an equivalent of £12 for a 10 min ride) and then we had to wait for another hr in the lobby of the hotel in order for our room to be “ready”for us to check in!
NB: The room was booked one week prior!

The 5 Star?! OMG! It is Anything but! The only 5 strat I can give to them is one with the minus next to it! -5 Star

The quality of rooms are terrible! It’s very old and dated but most of all filthy!!!!

By the time we checked in and got to our room it was about 3am local time and (we arrive at 11pm)!

We could not sleep even though We were absolutely shattered, and the reasons were... the toilet was running water as if there was an elephant on it, and a little fridge was making such a noise as if I was inside it!

I have complained the next morning and they’ve sent an “Engeneer” to the room to fix the toilet. He spent there all day and after first flash, the problem was still there and our next night was also ruined! So, the following morning they tried to fix it again and also offered to move us to another, identically bad room, so we declined the “generous” offer. Instead I took the manager and couple of staff members of the hotel around the room that were we staying in and pointed out what needs to be cleaned and changed in order to get any star ratings in that hotel!

So, they have spent all day cleaning and fixing our room ( changing dirty curtains on the windows, changing gray, old and stained towels and dressing gowns, resealing the black mold on the shower and sink adges, cleaning windows and floors etc).

Then there was BREAKFAST OMG!
You could not eat any of it! It was disgusting!
The fruit was chopped up and uncovered for the flies to feast on. It looked like it was there for days! The rest of it was pretty much the same! Tea and coffee was like a sewage! And that is no exaggeration! And if you wanted to opt for a herbal tea ! Well, that’s an extra! Ow, and as for the “Welcoming drink” it’s a choice of concentrate diluted in water or some cheap wine that you can’t drink anyway, so don’t even bother!

We were staying there only 4 nights and they were the longest and the most horrible nights of our lives!
We could not wait to leave! Especially, after discovering that my bikini top was missing from the room! I mean... would you believe that?! A bikini top!
I mean it was brand new, but still who would’ve you thought take that?! I should’ve put that in the safe as well! Lol That was the only thing that was out on my bed and not locked in my suitcase or safe!

Anyway, when it came to our checking out, they were demanding to pay our airport transfer bill, which we refused to do. I told them that the only way I will pay for our airport transfer if they we‘ll compensate us for the sleepless night and etc, which of cause there weren’t prepared to do! Thus, after long deliberation and couple of hrs keeping us there, they did let us go and even provided a lift to the station. I think they were glad to see the back of us!
But so were we!
We will never stay there again and won’t recommend it to anyone!
Take a look at the pictures attached!

PS: Unfortunately, I this site only lets you to upload 10 pics max! But I am sure you’ll get the feel of it all!

Date of stay: October 2017
Trip type: Traveled with friends
3  Thank Angelic L
The Sintesa Jim... B, Guest Relations Manager at The Sintesa Jimbaran, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2018

Dear Angelic L.

Fisrt of all I should tell you that this is the second review that you wrote for the same experience stay in our hotel on 11th to 15th October 2017 last year, which are excessive and I could say exaggerate, which is seems not fair for the hotel.
The true story was:

You book your room 2 days in advance (NOT one week prior as you mentioned in your review) for 1 Junior Suite from 11th to 15th of April 2018 without mentioning the type of bed, while we have only 1 type of bed in our Junior Suite which is 1 King Sized bed in every room.

Prior to your arrival date, there was NO bed type specially requested for your reservation via Agoda (reservation form is with us as proof of evidence). We had prepared the Junior Suite with king sized bed instead. Upon your arrival, you just strongly request for 2 single beds which we have no such Junior Suite with 2 single beds in our hotel. So we have to assist you with your accommodation as requested and our staff finally found other type of room which was Panorama Suite with 2 queen sized beds which was not available to sell on that moment and we need to take some time to clean and prepare the Panorama Suite for you.

You demanding for a room with separate living room as you also mentioned that in Agoda there is description of the room mentioning that the bed room is separated by a partition with the living room, while in fact there is no such descriptions in Agoda about our Junior Suite. Our Junior Suite and Panorama Suite are the lowest category of suite in our hotel with similar features which has an additional set of sofa and dining table without any separation in between (which you may see in Agoda’s picture of our Junior Suite)

The Staff on-duty had offered you to up-grade your room to our suite collections to meet up your expectation of room’s feature with additional charges which you refused with unpleasant expression. You finally entered your room at 00.29 as shown on our key system (which we kept with us as proof of evidence, and not at 3 AM local time as you mentioned in your review)

The transportation was NEVER booked before prior to your arrival, you sent an email to our reservation on the 11th October 2018 at 10.25 pm while you already arrived at the airport in Denpasar – Bali, informing us that you are already waiting for the pick-up at the airport while there was NO request of transfer service (your email is still with us as proof of evidence} . Unfortunately, our reservation office had been closed and no one respond to the email. You also called our hotel, as a courtesy our staff that was on duty had sent the car and driver to pick you up from the airport which of-course took another 45 minutes from the hotel to the airport. We did not provide a free airport transfer and the cost for pick-up hotel – airport – hotel is IDR 250,000,- one way and this is the normal price which equal to approx. £ 13.5 which you refused to pay upon checking out.

The complimentary welcome drink, as a token of gratitude we gave 2 welcome drink coupons which you may take at the BARber, our unique concept of “Bar – Music – Barbershop – drinks – pool game” in order for you to enjoy the live entertainment that we have in our BARber with a choice of : chilled juice, Soft drink, Beer or our signature “teasina” and never serve any kind of wine as one of the choices. So far, the arrangement is well accepted by other valuable guests.

The next day you had address your many concerns regarding your rooms and we did our best to respond to all of them by changed the linen, cleaned, fixed and to deep polished every corner of your room to please you and your girlfriend and we also sent you a fruit basket as an expression of apology
We serve complimentary breakfast daily in the BARber separate from the groups in order to give more privacy for individual guest and will not be disturbed by the crowed of tour group guests who sometimes create a lot of noise. But again, you willing to order something else like a herbal tea without willing to pay for the extra service

The mystery of missing bikini top in your room was NEVER being reported to us during your entire stay period until you left the hotel. You packed your belongings by yourself and when you found that something is missing from your room, you should report that incident to the hotel and should work together with the security of the hotel who will take the time to implement the standard of procedure to investigate the case orderly. If you never took your time to report this to us accordingly than we could not be responsible for the above case then

We are committed to reassuring that all our guests should be happy to stay with us and I am personally disturbed to hear that you were disappointed by your experience. Somehow we understand that it is always difficult to please all guests, therefor we need your constructive balance feedback to help us to continuously enhance our facilities and services, as we aim to provide nothing but the perfect experience for each guest.

We don’t like to see you leaving the hotel with bad memories about us however thank you to take the time to write your 1st review in Agoda and 2nd review in Tripadvisor. I hope at some time in the future there is an opportunity or you to come back to the Sintesa Jimbaran and to again enjoy a perfect beginning, which continues until the time you check out.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future so we can make amends and please contact me for any assistance at infotsj@sintesahotels.com

Kind regards,