All reviews scoopon deal hourly shuttle local shopping centre hotel bali junior suite movie room beautiful hotel steam room buffet breakfast interconnecting rooms rooms are great extra bed pleasant stay star hotel the hotel offers quiet area front office
Reviewed March 18, 2018

I have stayed at this Hotel during Nyepi period with my husband and 1,5 years old daughter. Before I checked in, I read some reviews from Tripadvisor about this hotel and decide not to have high expectation of this Hotel. We checked in at 3 and get inform that they upgrade our room (thank you for that) and all check in procedure runs well. I get the information that during Nyepi all restaurant will be closed for lunch and dinner for a la carte which is only buffet is available for lunch and dinner. Room service is open from 8 pm. Okay, we think we can deal with that.
On Nyepi day, breakfast was good. We plan to spent a day by the pool but all of sun lounger is full. We are looking for the hotel staff to get us like just 1 chair for us to put our stuff but none is stand by there and we decide to just put it near the restaurant. No one over us a towel where I see one staff at Angin-angin restaurant look at us putting our stuff near the restaurant staircase but didn't do anything. We would like to ask him for a towel but he's gone (Maybe he didn't see us?). After swim My husband looking around to get a towel for my daughter but they said they will comeback with the towel but didn't. After waiting like 20 minutes we decide to just back to our room - all wet. Don't blame us if there's a lot of water on your lift because there's no one give us just one towel.
Lunch time, we look at the menu and it's not interesting for us since it's Balinese - Indonesian food. So we decide to skip lunch for us while my daughter have her own instant food.
From the hotel information that they put on our room we noticed that buffet start at 7 PM. But when I double check to front office at 5.30, they said that dinner is start from 5 - 8 PM. I just thinking, how if we didn't check and still expect that dinner just start at 7?
But after we read the dinner menu again we didn't excited and decide will have dinner when room service open.
We ordered at 8 and it come by 8.45 where the food is completely cold and tasted so so.
But the good point during Nyepi is: internet working well, TV channel is available except local channel. yeay!
The rooftop is have fantastic view for sunset. We love to just sitting there and watch the sun is setting down.
In the next morning, we realized that there's a menu on hot dish that served from the last night buffet menu (kakul... something?). Mmmm... it's not really good for me as a guest that realized we are served a last night dinner.
Last, as a local I sometimes feel that the staff is underestimate us from the way they talk and explain. Maybe management have to let them know that there's a "local" guest feels like this.
Overall the stay is great. Good and clean room. But some point need to be fixed.

Room tip: Pool view is good but a little bit noisy.
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
The Sintesa Jim... B, Guest Relations Manager at The Sintesa Jimbaran, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2018

Dear Vidya91,

Thank you for taking the time to post this review about your stay at The Sintesa Jimbaran. I am disturbed to hear that you were disappointed by your experience. We value all guest comments which help us to continually enhance our facilities and services.

We are taking this comment very seriously to investigate this matter to uplift the quality of our services

Our guests’ satisfaction is our top priority and we take great pride in not only meeting individual expectations, but exceeding them. I am committed to ensuring that we address and resolve each point you have made.

Please accept our sincere apologies and our commitment to using your feedback to enhance the experience for all of our guests. we will relayed your constructive feedback to department concern for improving our services and quality

Once again thank you for choosing us, looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future

Reviewed March 16, 2018 via mobile

I highly recommend this place for a family holidays or for having a relaxing time. It's a beautiful hotel, good food, wonderful people.
Great price as I got an scoopon deal.
One of the best holidays I ever had.

Date of stay: September 2017
Trip type: Traveled with family
The Sintesa Jim... B, Guest Relations Manager at The Sintesa Jimbaran, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2018

Dear Hassan H,

Thank you for taking your time to share you experience regarding your recent stay at 'The Sintesa' Jimbaran Bali. I am honored to read your positive comment regarding our facilities and services. As you may know your comfort and your attention receive our first attention. I will relayed your compliment to all staffs of The Sintesa Jimbaran

At 'The Sintesa' Jimbaran, we are striving to provide the excellent service and experience to our guest. Your valuable feed back is really important to me and my team.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Bali.

Reviewed March 16, 2018 via mobile

We have just spent 3 beautiful days at this place. This hotel has a good ambience, helpful staff, and their rooms are very spacious and luxurious. Our room had a delightful balcony overlooking the garden. Their breakfast was good with a lot variety of food. And the breakfast staff were excellent on remembering what you like to drink and were all attentive to our needs.
I thoroughly recommend this resort. It is a great place to stay

1  Thank IntanPApsari

Dear IntanPApsari,

Thank you for taking your time to share your experience pertaining to your recent stay at our hotel. We're glad to learn that you had a wonderful stay with us especially for breakfast experiences.

At 'The Sintesa' Jimbaran we strive to provide the excellent service to our guest. we hope that your positive feedback can encourage us to continuously deliver the excellent service to our guest. We will relayed your compliment to all staff especially Eka.

Once again thank you for choose us to staying here, looking forward to welcoming you back on your next return to Bali.

Sam

Reviewed March 16, 2018 via mobile

The hotel soooo beautiful.
The room was big and comfortable.
The view from the room was great.
The staff is friendly and helpful.
Daily breakfast was great and delicious!
They offer a shuttle to a shopping mall and the beach too
Great services ♥

Dear Mutiara A,

Warmest Greetings from The Sintesa Jimbaran,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your recent experience with us and I am so pleased to read your sincere feedback after staying at The Sintesa Jimbaran. It is a true pleasure to know that you enjoyed everything during your stay.

We highly appreciate your positive feedback regarding our hotel facilities also services and i will relayed your compliment to all staffs.

once again thank you for choosing our resort and I will certainly share it with the team. We sincerely look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you and your family back again at the resort for another memorable and relaxing experience.

Reviewed March 15, 2018 via mobile

We have been to bali over 15 times and gave never had a negative experience until now.

Upon arrival we find out our booking was lost to which we needed to provide proof to the staff. whilst waiting for the hotel to confirm our booking they asked us to wait in the restaraunt so we decided to order meals...

45 mins later they came out but completely forgot my partners meal.. after questioning where it was they advised they would make it up and that they were sorry.

approx 1 hour after we tried checking in the staff advised us they now had our 2 rooms ready but they were not interconnecting and on separate floors meaning our children our children would stay in one and us in another. We advised the staff that this is not good enough as we will not keave our young children 5 and 2 alone in a room that is not connected with ours.

We were booked for 7 days and I really wanted leave at this point as it was now around 2.5 hours and we still had not checked in.

The staff then managed to find interconnecting rooms after we proved what we requested... we decided to stay as we were told if we left we would not receive a refund.

The following day we chose to leave our children in the kids club. There were no other children their and it was a bit of a drama to have the staff open the club. anyhow after waiting an hour they found someone to open the kids club and watch our kids... we read the daily activities planned and assumed these would be carried out like all other kids clubs we have been too.

we returned back to the hotel at approx 330pm and checked up on the kids, the were both begging us to take them out as they were very hungry and thirsty. Our children then advised us that they had not had anything to eat or drink all day. When we questioned the staff member running the kids club she kept advising us lunch was at 1 o'clock.. we were confused as it was now 330pm. We took the kids out and gave them lunch and some water.

we then went to reception and queried why the kids were not given any lunch or water fir the entire day and they responded with its the parents responsibility to feed your children lunch and give them water.

we were dumbfounded as we read that lunch was provided on the daily activities and have been to many kids clubs in the past and the children are always fed.

So all in all we were advised that we should have returned from a day trip at lunchtime to take our kids out of the kids club, give them lunch, put them back in the kids club and continue on with our day...

The vibe of the hotel in general was very quiet and had zero atmosphere... like an old closed down fair that lights up when guests arrive... it was nothing like any other resort or hotel bali has offered with the cheerful staff and happy atmosphere. Never again will we stay here and we highly recommend boycotting The Sintesa if you are travelling with family and expect a great experience.

We left the resort after 2 days due to constant disappointment, the horrible vibe and the disgusting service provided to our young children in the kids club. We were promised a refund are now still pursuing this over 1 month later

Date of stay: February 2018