“Great staff, beautiful villa, horrible noise”

Balibaliku Beach Front Luxury Private Pool Villa
Ranked #33 of 57 Hotels in Jimbaran
Brisbane, Australia
“Great staff, beautiful villa, horrible noise”
Reviewed January 14, 2013

We stayed here for the whole 5 nights of our holiday as we got a great deal though the travel agency. The villa was beautiful, amazing bathroom which huge bath and shower, and also an awesome outdoor shower. The staff where very friendly and helpful which we found all over bali anyways. Also we got room service a couple of times which was extremely cheap and breakfast was included each day, all the food was great, although breakfast was a bit cold everyday.
Location in relation to Jimberan beach and all the seafood restaurants was good too.

But, the same as most other reviews, the noise was insane, lucky I was so pooped after each days activities otherwise I would have got no sleep. The construction site was somewhat a problem, but I found that the general community noise was the worst. Barking dogs CONSTANTLY 24/7, and a LOT of dogs (the whole area seemed to have a lot of stray dogs), road noise and general people noise. I know this is not the fault of the business but please prepare for this if you stay here.

One thing against the villas themselves tho, on our 4th and 5th days, they rethatched the neighboring villas roof, this made a huge mess in our pool and court yard and made my hayfever go insane. When I let them know about this, they immediately got cleaners in to make the villa spotless again, but I just think that they would be aware that this would happen and not have people in the neighboring villas when they do something like this for obvious reasons.

Unless you can get an amazing deal (e.g. US100 a night or less), my recommendation is to get somewhere quieter (find reviewers that advise that where they stayed is quiet). Bali is such a populated busy place, and after big days out, a quiet place to come home too would have been great.

Room Tip: Villas 1-6 are on the road side, the rest of the 1bedroom villas are on the construction side. Dont...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank inthatribe

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hungarian first
  • Indonesian first
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed November 18, 2012

We only stayed 1 night before we moved to our private villa. The villa itself was lovely but unfortunately the noise from the building site was very intrusive. In addition the barking of dogs early in the morning created an atmosphere that was not relaxing. On the positive side I would highly recommend their restaurant. We visited a number of times when we didn't feel like seafood. I think this is a fine place to stay, only when the hotel is finished, which I believe is in December.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Dianne5553
Reviewed November 7, 2012

Lovely private villas with pivate pools. Very nice rooms and only few inute walk from beach and seafood restaurants. However this place will be probably in the end of its good days as a huge Meridien hotel is being built, practically around the place. Private villas have no longer privacy as there is a direct view to the pools fom the neighboring Meridien.

Very sad tht charm of tis place is mostly gone because of that. Otherwise shoul get 4 stars.

Room Tip: Get a villa that does not phase towards the Meridien hotel construction area
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Sasuto
Reviewed November 6, 2012

We stayed in Villa 14, for 10 nights –the 2 bedroom villa immediately behind the reception/restaurant building. As our villa was on the other side of the ppty we were not troubled by the construction going on next door. But I can see how other guests have felt a lack of privacy when the workmen can see directly into their ‘private garden/pool’. In fact our son was intrigued by the building work and insisted on going and watching for a while each day! We were also lucky enough to see workmen re-thatching the roof of a nearby villa – our son found that very interesting. Part of our package included a 2hr spa treatment (each) in our room – this was fantastic and very relaxing!!
The staff was all lovely and nothing was too much trouble. The rooms were made up each day and if we were out in the evening, we got a turn down service as well.
The bedrooms and bathrooms were massive and beautiful – save for a bit of peeling paint in the twin room bathroom. The air conditioning was great. We really appreciated the insect spray and the plug in insect repellents and electric adaptor and torch. These were nice touches. We always had plenty of towels for the bathroom and pool and collected our beach towels from reception on our way to the beach. The upstairs living/dining area worked well for us and it was great to have a proper dining table to eat at. Some evenings we found it a bit too warm upstairs so retired to the bedroom to watch tv – where the reception was better anyway.
The pool was brilliant – there is not other word for it! We spent many happy hours in the pool and on the lounges by the pool. The garden was picturesque and the 2 outdoor showers were a treat. Our son spent hours in the shaded Gazebo doing Lego.
We couldn’t believe the beach really was right out the front – walk through a café and you are on the sand. We didn’t have any trouble securing 2 of the Bali Baliku lounges with umbrella when we visited but as there are only 4 I can see that in busier times you might need to pay for one. The beach was brilliant - we loved seeing the local families enjoying it along with tourists like ourselves. It was relaxing and never felt busy or noisy. Our son spent hours building sand castles and roads. The water was lovely. We loved the times we had dinner at one of the seafood restaurants on the beach – what a setting!
We loved hearing the roosters crowing in the morning and hearing the children going to and from school. We could watch them playing sport and music in the outdoor area across the road. It could be a bit noisy in the evenings when the road outside was busy with tourists being driven down to the beach for dinner – however the twin room was closest to the road and it never kept our son awake!
We enjoyed the breakfasts and tried all 3 variations – I really loved the chicken rice porridge! The meals were good but I think more Asian dishes would be good.
We also ate at Grocer & Grind (excellent) on Jimbaran Corner and the Japanese Restaurant (fantastic) – can’t remember the name.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Genine51
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed October 7, 2012

This was my first holiday in 3 years so I was really excited and decided to 'splurge' a little on a private villa (I was flying solo). I arrived to find a construction site next door (building a new Meridien hotel) which dominted the entire property. My allocated villa was right at the back, directly next to the worksite which overlooked my villa therefore there was no privacy whatsoever. I immediately made a complaint and was upgraded to a large villa at the front of the property and whilst there was a hint of privacy (from the construction site but not from the adjoining villa) the noise was unbelievable! From 8:00am until 9:00pm, it was relentless. Whilst I understand this is not the fault of Bali Baliku, there should be an obligation to advise all enquiries/bookings so guests can make an educated decison on whether they choose to stay or not.
I ended up speaking with the Sales Manager on Day 2 about cancelling the rest of my stay however they were going to charge for 2 nights. Being by myself and having alreday paid more than I should have, it didn't really leave me with a choice. I ended up spending most of my time on the beach and not by my private pool, the main reason for selecting such a place.
The rooms were clean enough however my room was not maintained until day 3 and of the 4 nights I stayed, only received the turn down service once.
The location was one of the very few good things about the villas but also the very worst (being next to a construction site).

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
4 Thank B W
Perth, Australia
Reviewed August 19, 2012 via mobile

At first Bali baliku looks like a tiny little place but past reception there is a beautiful maze of garden and palms, but that is just the beginning once you step through your personal front gate you enter your very own private garden including a generously sized private pool. On entry to the villa you encounter a large spacious living area and bedroom. The bathroom is the real standout though huge shower and very deep bath all fully stocked with all the essentials. Also the staff seem very friendly. With a 4 year old and 4 month old we struggle to find a hotel to suit but Bali Baliku ticks all the boxes. Only complaint is small amount of street noise.We would definitely stay here again.

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Matthew B
Hobart, Australia
Reviewed June 26, 2012

Absolutely loved this place. We felt very pampered. Staff were wonderful and nothing was too much trouble. Rooms were spacious, clean and luxurious. The private pool was an added bonus, even went swimming late at night just because I could without disturbing anyone else. The only downside was the construction next door, which is not the fault of this hotel and will not be a problem once complete. Will definitely return here.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends