“A PERFECT HOLIDAY VILLA….LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION”

Balibaliku Beach Front Luxury Private Pool Villa
Ranked #35 of 60 Hotels in Jimbaran
Reviewed November 6, 2012

We stayed in Villa 14, for 10 nights –the 2 bedroom villa immediately behind the reception/restaurant building. As our villa was on the other side of the ppty we were not troubled by the construction going on next door. But I can see how other guests have felt a lack of privacy when the workmen can see directly into their ‘private garden/pool’. In fact our son was intrigued by the building work and insisted on going and watching for a while each day! We were also lucky enough to see workmen re-thatching the roof of a nearby villa – our son found that very interesting. Part of our package included a 2hr spa treatment (each) in our room – this was fantastic and very relaxing!!
The staff was all lovely and nothing was too much trouble. The rooms were made up each day and if we were out in the evening, we got a turn down service as well.
The bedrooms and bathrooms were massive and beautiful – save for a bit of peeling paint in the twin room bathroom. The air conditioning was great. We really appreciated the insect spray and the plug in insect repellents and electric adaptor and torch. These were nice touches. We always had plenty of towels for the bathroom and pool and collected our beach towels from reception on our way to the beach. The upstairs living/dining area worked well for us and it was great to have a proper dining table to eat at. Some evenings we found it a bit too warm upstairs so retired to the bedroom to watch tv – where the reception was better anyway.
The pool was brilliant – there is not other word for it! We spent many happy hours in the pool and on the lounges by the pool. The garden was picturesque and the 2 outdoor showers were a treat. Our son spent hours in the shaded Gazebo doing Lego.
We couldn’t believe the beach really was right out the front – walk through a café and you are on the sand. We didn’t have any trouble securing 2 of the Bali Baliku lounges with umbrella when we visited but as there are only 4 I can see that in busier times you might need to pay for one. The beach was brilliant - we loved seeing the local families enjoying it along with tourists like ourselves. It was relaxing and never felt busy or noisy. Our son spent hours building sand castles and roads. The water was lovely. We loved the times we had dinner at one of the seafood restaurants on the beach – what a setting!
We loved hearing the roosters crowing in the morning and hearing the children going to and from school. We could watch them playing sport and music in the outdoor area across the road. It could be a bit noisy in the evenings when the road outside was busy with tourists being driven down to the beach for dinner – however the twin room was closest to the road and it never kept our son awake!
We enjoyed the breakfasts and tried all 3 variations – I really loved the chicken rice porridge! The meals were good but I think more Asian dishes would be good.
We also ate at Grocer & Grind (excellent) on Jimbaran Corner and the Japanese Restaurant (fantastic) – can’t remember the name.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Genine51

Reviewed October 7, 2012

This was my first holiday in 3 years so I was really excited and decided to 'splurge' a little on a private villa (I was flying solo). I arrived to find a construction site next door (building a new Meridien hotel) which dominted the entire property. My allocated villa was right at the back, directly next to the worksite which overlooked my villa therefore there was no privacy whatsoever. I immediately made a complaint and was upgraded to a large villa at the front of the property and whilst there was a hint of privacy (from the construction site but not from the adjoining villa) the noise was unbelievable! From 8:00am until 9:00pm, it was relentless. Whilst I understand this is not the fault of Bali Baliku, there should be an obligation to advise all enquiries/bookings so guests can make an educated decison on whether they choose to stay or not.
I ended up speaking with the Sales Manager on Day 2 about cancelling the rest of my stay however they were going to charge for 2 nights. Being by myself and having alreday paid more than I should have, it didn't really leave me with a choice. I ended up spending most of my time on the beach and not by my private pool, the main reason for selecting such a place.
The rooms were clean enough however my room was not maintained until day 3 and of the 4 nights I stayed, only received the turn down service once.
The location was one of the very few good things about the villas but also the very worst (being next to a construction site).

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
4  Thank B W
Reviewed August 19, 2012

At first Bali baliku looks like a tiny little place but past reception there is a beautiful maze of garden and palms, but that is just the beginning once you step through your personal front gate you enter your very own private garden including a generously sized private pool. On entry to the villa you encounter a large spacious living area and bedroom. The bathroom is the real standout though huge shower and very deep bath all fully stocked with all the essentials. Also the staff seem very friendly. With a 4 year old and 4 month old we struggle to find a hotel to suit but Bali Baliku ticks all the boxes. Only complaint is small amount of street noise.We would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Matthew B
Reviewed June 26, 2012

Absolutely loved this place. We felt very pampered. Staff were wonderful and nothing was too much trouble. Rooms were spacious, clean and luxurious. The private pool was an added bonus, even went swimming late at night just because I could without disturbing anyone else. The only downside was the construction next door, which is not the fault of this hotel and will not be a problem once complete. Will definitely return here.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
4  Thank doyle5
Reviewed June 25, 2012

My friend and I decided to take our 8yo daughters on an overseas holiday, and chose Bali as the destination. We received a deals.com.au package, and even without the deal would have been extremely happy with the accomodation provided at Bali Baliku.
I cannot rate the friendly and competent service highly enough. Nothing was too hard for the friendly and smiling Bali Baliku staff - from organising elephant safari park tours, Nusa Dua water activities, Uluwatu temple and Balinese dance, and days out in Kuta and Seminyak, to a 2-hour massage and facial in the villa. 'John' was amazing, and always told us to be careful.
The villa was clean (so relaxing when we first walked through the door after a busy day out!), and well maintained. The girls loved the private pool, and the room service was impeccable.
The food was delicious, even the 'chicken porridge' for breakfast (one of 3 selections - give it a go!). We ate all breakfasts and some lunches and dinners in the villa, ordering over the phone for room service - the food selection was basic, but excellent quality and well-cooked.
Just a short stroll to the Jimbaran Corner shopping centre, with the local cafe (Grocer & Grind) serving amazing coffees and fruit smoothies.
Yes, there is construction work happening next door, but we were in villa 3 and only very occasionally heard any noise from it. The local canines and poultry offered more of a lullaby than the builders! The beds are super comfy, and definately designed for a good night sleep.
I highly recommend Bali Baliku, and will definately go back for my next trip to Bali.

Room Tip: Villa 3 was quiet and private.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Lauren R
Reviewed June 22, 2012

June 2012 - 40th Birthday Bash - Purchased our 5 night family stay off the internet, amazing deal, read all the reviews to find they were really helpful. We knew to expect noise from construction next door so we were well prepared. We arrived in our own private villa with everything you could ask for. It was our own Bali Pardise. The kids lived off the room service Spagetti and milkshakes which were magnificient and free breakfast everyday. My boys are 7 and 9 loved the pool big enough to bomb in! Free DVD player in the room also made for a quite time while my husband and l enjoyed the in room massages and facials. The staff are exceptionally friendly and ready to assist you with places of interest to go. Make sure you head down to the Rock Bar at 4pm for the sunset, about 5 minutes drive from hotel, you will not regret it....amazing. It is a 3 minute walk to a small upmarket shopping centre that you can purchase any minor requirements you need, but for real shopping you need to head into Kuta which is a 20 minute taxi ride, but only costs you about $5 each way so well worth staying out at Baliku for the peace and travel in when you need to do some shopping. I would certain recommend staying here especially for couples looking to relax.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank Nome7
Reviewed June 20, 2012

Beautiful, relaxing and luxurious air conditioned all villa accommodation with the beach and the best on the beach seafood restaurants right at your front door. Relax in or beside your own private pool and spa in your own private garden or cross the road and eat great seafood on the beach as the sun sets. This together with the warm and friendly staff resulted in a magnificent, unique and romantic holiday.

Room Tip: Apart from the number of rooms, all the villas are equally well equipped. The only issue was the noi...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple