We booked weeks in advance for a 4 night stay - When we turned up the pool was filthy green.... the toilet had backed-up and stank of raw sewerage. We were the only "guests" here.
We let the staff know we weren't happy and they offered to take us to the "new" Bali Golden Elephants instead. On arrival things seemed slightly better - the pool was cleaner (but still not sparkling clean) and the room seemed ok. Again we were the only "guests" present (Now we know why!)
After a short time though we came inside and sat on the bed and noticed tiny bugs crawling on the bedside table adjoining the bed. On closer inspection we noticed the bugs on the bed itself as well as around it... and these were NOT just ants! We suspect lice or something equally nasty!
After this we again let the staff know we were not happy and unwilling to stay - and that we wanted a refund (but were prepared to pay for one night - for the 1 hr use of the premises).
We were told the booking agent (AsiaWeb Direct) would not refund - After many emails and negotiations with the booking agent we were told that the owner/hotel would not refund.
Effectively they have stolen our money - taken and kept $500 (for 4 nights) for providing a filthy accomodation service that we could not stay in.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Good for couple / honeymooners to relax & refresh. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Bali Elephants Villa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bali Elephants Villa Hotel Jimbaran
- Bali Elephants Villa Jimbaran