“Quite nice hotel, but a bit far from beaches” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Nirmala Hotel

Nirmala Hotel
Ranked #33 of 50 Hotels in Jimbaran
Bandung, Indonesia
“Quite nice hotel, but a bit far from beaches”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2014

I came to this hotel twice. First when I had a study tour with my high school in 2012, and second when I had a family trip. This hotel is nice for both conditions. The breakfast also quite delicious for a hotel in this price. The room is spacious, clean, and comfortable. Also love the pool on the rooftop, altough the size of the pool is not big enough if many visitors swim together

Room Tip: The suites are good,a bit like cottage-style room, and its located on the top floor of the hotel
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank Lukman P

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Christchurch, New Zealand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

This hotel is really quite nice. I took the advice of a previous reviewer and for $3 more i booked a suite using the very good rates on Agoda..and it was definitely worth it.
Reception is nothing at all.....but rooms are great. I was on the top floor near the pool, spacious clean room, comfortable bed, lovely private little terrace. It was great. But the location is nothing at all. You can walk to the beach (20min) or taxi ....I ate there in the evening. The warungs at the middle beach are miles cheaper than the ones either end!!!
But there are no restaurants near Nirmala Hotel really and its own restaurant is just plain awful re 'ambience' so you wouldn't bother.
It is not Jimabaran proper - well certainly not the beach. Really for the distance it is from the airport you would be better off in Kuta proper because you have a selection of restaurants and can shop.
Can't fault the hotel for cleanliness and comfort or pool, ....... But location???

Room Tip: Ask for suites rooms 410 to 423
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank travellerNZfromCHCH
Perth
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012 via mobile

This hotel is definitely a budget hotel and was great for the two nights we needed it for, but I wouldn't holiday here for a longer period.
The staff are nice and friendly and the pool is different being on the top floor and with a great view, but it was the dirty sheets and the half an hour it took for the water to get hot in the shower that we a bit hard to handle.
Some positives include the free wifi, although only available only on the top floor and they didn't charge us a full days rate when we checked out early one evening instead of staying the extra night that we booked.
For those that have never stayed in Jimbaran, be aware that roosters are a common occurrence and if you book into this hotel, you may be woken up early by a rooster next door. This is hard to avoid in this area.

Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank mbtravelPerth
Boston
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

I chose to stay at Nirmala because I had read that they offer a free shuttle ride to the airport. It's still written in their room handbook as well (free return trip to airport), but they no longer offer this service. Pickup is complimentary but dropoff is now 65,000Rp. That knocked off a star for me as it soured my taste for the hotel, being priced higher than many of the other places I stayed at Bali and compared to other budget hotels in Jimbaran.

Luckily, there were rooms available on the fourth floor and I was given a free upgrade from my second floor room. These suites up on the top floor are much nicer, being situated amongst the garden and pool, as well as the free wifi. Be sure to ask for it, else you may have missed out on many conveniences.

Walking in, the first impression was that the room was lovely. It was spacious, everything looked clean, there were all the amenities I'd need. However, inspecting the bed closer, there were some really strange grayish stains on the comforter. If I'd hope for a romantic evening, that would have put a damper on it. But as I was just sleeping for a few hours before hitting the airport, I didn't really care too much to complain.

The wifi worked well. There was a fridge and complimentary tea and coffee, with a hot water boiler. The TV had international cable channels and the AC worked well. When I accidentally changed the channel for the TV instead of cable and couldn't get it back, room service was very prompt and helpful (an attendant and a security guard both came).

I wish I could have seen the pool during the day as it looked very cool at night, almost seeming to fall off the building as it was a corner pool on the rooftop. I really liked having a supermarket on the first floor for a bit of snacks shopping. The restaurant was closed by the time I got there, so can't speak about the food. I also didn't get to grab the included breakfast.

The ride to the airport was quick enough. About 10 minutes at 4:30AM. Good place to stay for what I needed, but I wish it cost about $10-15 less for it to be excellent value.

Room Tip: Ask for the fourth floor!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank JourneyWithJenney
Milan, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

For the value of money I paid, this hotel is just a good choice for my family holiday. They gave us a connecting room for our family. The room is big not like I expected, the breakfast is acceptable, their staff is very friendly and the pool is just perfect.

They need to pay attention to improve the breakfast.

Room Tip: The top floor room is bungalow (perfect and very quiet).
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Patrick T
Kuala Lumpur
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

It is important to stand back when deciding on this hotel and what you want. For me, it was not my cup of tea - i can handle basic but i like clean, functioning and ok good and decent enough location - although we got a big suite rooms, it felt empty and atmosphereless. There were various repair issues - lamp wiring broken, dodgy plugs, torn curtains. Cleanliness in general around the hotel was not 100% and it could do with a good overhaul. Breakfast was not good. It is 15 minutes away from main Jimbaran stretch and in a noisy location. We were interrupted at 9am when we were asleep to clean our room and 8am the next morning to deliver laundry we had washed (crazily expensive!). In saying that, the staff did seem to try their best, drove us to Kuta, airport etc as part of the package and were very nice. And as people have said, it is cheap. When you get to Jimbaran beach it is really lovely.There is a nice sports bar nearby too and supermarket underneath.

As I said, think about what you expect and it might be perfect if you are not too fussy and just a night or two.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Aug21-6
Porto Alegre, RS
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

I stayed at Nirmala a month ago when I was on vacation in Bali. First I was a little doubt because the price is relatively cheap, but I got great service when I stayed there. Staff are very friendly and willing to help me when I asked a recommended nice beach around Jimbaran. The hotel's location is very close to the beach. I stay in a Suite room in the rooftop. The atmosphere is very comfortable and I always sunbathing in the sun at the pool on the floor above. Cleanliness in this hotel and the breakfast menu should be improved to compete with the other hotels around. Overall this is the best budget hotel I have ever stayed.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends