From the moment you are collected at Denpasar airport you know you are in good hands. The drivers are careful on the roads and the service is subtle and considerate.
Even though we were not on our honeymoon, I would say this is the perfect destination for honeymooners. The villa itself is incredibly private - we stayed in Sesah (that's the name of the villa). It has a main outdoor living/dining/kitchen area (including TV with over 60 channels - including plenty of HBO and movie channels) the indoor bedroom with air conditioning and mosquito net over the bed and another tv, mini bar with beer and non-alcohol beverages. The bedroom connects to the outdoor shower, bathtub, toilet and bathroom sinks. There was also a second bedroom and bathroom out near the pool which we didn't use but would be great if you had two additional guests staying with you.
Don't let the outdoor shower/toilet thing put you off if you're reading this. On reading reviews before staying here and looking at other villa options I was a little uncertain but the outdoor shower/bath experience was one of the highlights for me. The water pressure and the heat were incredible - better than the majority of high end hotels we have visited. I couldn't get enough of it.
I did get eaten my mosquitoes on a few occasions (but I'm prone to this back home anyway) and they provide you with a really great bug spray and mosquito coils etc so otherwise you wouldn't notice the bugs. They spray the property every Saturday between 9am and 5pm and I'm sure this helps with keeping the bugs at bay.
Here's my top three reasons to stay here:
1. if you're looking for a private getaway - this is for you. There are no other tall buildings blocking your sunlight or looking into your villa (unlike other villas for example in Seminyak) AND you hand in your keys when you go out so they know when (or when not to) service your room - so pick this property if you want ultimate privacy. I would definitely recommend for honeymooners.
2. if you're looking to spend most of your time in your villa - this is for you. You could spend 5 nights just swimming in the pool, reading, going to the spa and eating for sure.
3. if you're not into the 'Kuta' thing - this villa is 20 minutes from Kuta by car (possibly more in traffic) but it's a 2 minute walk to Jimbaran beaches. While they're not the best beaches in Bali, the 'sunbed' voucher arrangement with the Jimbaran Puri Bali Hotel on Jimbaran beach means you get a luxirious sunbed (and use of their pool) and you can get a 30 minute quality massage here for around $15 AUD - which my husband tells me was the best one of our trip. You can also get the shuttle to their Nusa Dua property (which we didn't get around to but they have their own private beach which I hear is wonderful).
Here's where they can improve:
1. The food is good but not high end international hotel quality. If you're staying for more than 3 nights you probably don't want high tea every day in your package - it gets a bit repetitive and it's not particularly healthy.
2. The roosters and the dogs making noise at 5am can be a bit annoying but you get used to that.
3. The beds - from an Australian traveller who loves the beds at the Westin and Crown - the beds are Kayumanis are extremely firm by comparison. Again - something you get used to but probably not my preference.
I would definitely stay here again when travelling to Bali and would highly recommend this if you love having your own pool and privacy of your own villa.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Inspired by the sense of community experienced in a typical Balinese village, Kayumanis Private Estate at Jimbaran is an exclusive sanctuary. It is set amidst a grove of dancing coconut palms and captures the gentle spirit of the surrounding environment. A short journey from the airport, Jimbaran is an elite neighbourhood blessed with a pristine beachfront and is cooled by tropical evening breezes. The entire estate is attuned to the climate through the use of the finest indigenous materials. A collection of 19 contemporary villas have been purposely designed to emulate the Balinese style of open living. Each luxury villa is encompassed within a garden compound with a private pool and other high-end amenities for optimal comfort. Facilities include a Spa villa delivering a menu of nurturing body and beauty rituals to address wellness needs. Tapis Restaurant is a refined setting that celebrates the exquisite flavours of the Indonesian archipelago. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Ctrip TA, Priceline, Booking.com, Hotwire, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Kayumanis Jimbaran Private Estate & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kayumanis Jimbaran Private Estate Hotel Jimbaran
- Kayumanis Jimbaran Private Estate & Spa Bali