La Joya, Villa & Bungalows
Keraton Jimbaran Beach Resort(Jimbaran)(Great Value!)
$126
Travelocity
$762
$763
$227
The Open House(Jimbaran)(Great Value!)
$144
$73
$938
Travelocity
All reviewsbalangan beachprivate gardennice bungalowsthe cliffworking finebiu biucomplimentary breakfastmosquito netget away from it allmin walkindonesian foodstayed here for nightsoutdoor bathroominfinity poolbeautiful resortocean viewsurf
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 21, 2013

I'm surprised by a couple reviews I just read. My family and I have visited La Joya 2 years running and are booking at the moment for next year. Everyone in the family surfs (except poor mum) so the place is a paradise to us. The staff are amazing, the bungalows are delightful and air conditioned, the grounds are kept immaculately and the swimming pools are big and plentiful. I enjoyed the restaurant and some of the local warungs are great as well, you just have to talk to the locals to know where they are. No it's not Kuta, thank god! The waves are so special on so many levels, you just have to surf them. The Misses loves the place as well and enjoys waiting in one of the beach warungs wiyh a cold Bintang waiting for us when we get out of the surf and then up to resort for a feed or a swim in the pool. Heaven is what I call it. Thank you La Joya.

Room Tip: Go the Deluxe bungalows.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank Happily40
Reviewed October 8, 2013

I went to this resort with some girlfriends. We arrived without a booking in the low season and got a room to share with breakfast for a great price (us$125 ish) The grounds are amazing. Two huge pools, seriously beautiful. The restaurant is lovely for all your meals. there is also cheap and tasty warungs at the base of the cliff. Take the stairs down and stay all day. We all surfed and swam each day. Yes, there are two big dogs that love to swim in the pools, but...thats my only complaint.

Room Tip: all rooms are lovely and private.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Alli G
Reviewed October 4, 2013 via mobile

Beautiful grounds, great staff, old and in need of renovation everything else. If your bungalow is anywhere near the road you won't get more than an hour or two of shut eye. This is not the typical rooster crowing of bali. Balangan beach is gorgeous and best Indonesian breakfast I had. Great, good, and bad all rolled together

• Stayed: September 2013
3  Thank Daniel0913Arvada
Reviewed September 20, 2013

After arriving from the airport late at night we were greeted warmly and made to feel welcome. The both pools are lovely and it is nice to be able to change locations.
The restaurant had good food on the slightly expensive side.
La Joya was very close to the beach and without too many stairs, great surf for my husband.

Throughout our stay the staff were very helpful and arranged a baby sitter for us on several occasions. The sitter was very attentive and sat at the cots side throughout the evening until our return. Even after we changed accommodation when I recontacted La Joya to get the babysitters details they went out of their way to assist me in arranging a sitter which was very considerate given we were no longer staying with them.

There are late night noises so do bring earplugs to block out the crowing but as others have stated this is all a part of the Bali experience and occurs in many locations.

All in all a lovely place to spend the first 4 nights of our holiday.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 15, 2013

We had 5 days at these very relaxing bungalows above Balangan Beach. We really liked it even though the bungalow we were in was old. The restaurant was really nice overlooking the pool and a fantastic view, food was very good. The top pool was my favourite for swimming mainly because most people were at the restaurant pool and after a few hours down at beach I found this area to be most relaxing. Be prepared for barking dogs and roosters, bring earplugs if you are a light sleeper or request bungalow away from road. Personally I think this is all part of being in Bali!!
My husband surfs so this was great for him.

Room Tip: Try for a bungalow in middle near the top pool
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple