La Joya, Villa & Bungalows
Le Meridien Bali Jimbaran(Jimbaran)(Great Value!)
$118
$105
LeMeridien.com
  • Breakfast included
$728
Gending Kedis Villas & Spa Estate(Jimbaran)(Great Value!)
$242
  • Pool
$648
$597
$332
Jamahal Private Resort & Spa(Jimbaran)
$258
$227
All reviewsbalangan beachprivate gardennice bungalowsthe cliffworking finebiu biucomplimentary breakfastmosquito netget away from it allmin walkindonesian foodstayed here for nightsoutdoor bathroominfinity poolbeautiful resortocean viewsurf
Reviewed October 14, 2012

Be aware that Lajoya has 2 hotels: Lajoya 1 and La joya 2. We stayed at both of them.
Lajoya 1 is the older one, very well kept, great location and great kitchen and lovely management.
Lajoya 2 has great stuff and service, good kitchen however the location is more problematic:
While from La Joya 1 the access to the beach is easy the access from Lajoya 2 is less attractive if you walk the trail can be challenging…
Céline who runs the place is very friendly and helpful.
Lots of charm, great swimming pool and the place is much recommended.
Michelle , David and 4 kids

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 30, 2012

My family and I came back again this year and were welcomed with friendly staff as always.
The grounds are lush, manicured and beautiful, the pools are great, there are heaps of places to laze around. The location is perfect as there is surf beach access.
The massage hut is good value and the massage staff are very experienced.
It's the perfect chill out place that's also great for families.
I love the complimentary wifi and always feel that my children and belongings are safe within the grounds.

Always excellent.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 14, 2012

We loved this place. After ten days in the heart of Kuta, heading up to the gorgeous location of La Joya at Balangan for three days of peace and quiet was truly heavenly. We stayed in a bungalow that was beautifully presented and spotlessly clean, with its own deck and gardens.

The whole place is meticulously looked after by very friendly staff, and we were happy to dine in three meals a day at the bar/restaurant by the infinity pool. The food was fabulous and although a few of the staff had limited english, that simply provided an opportunity to practice one's Bahasa Indonesia.

There are four rottweiler dogs and a number of the best kept cats I've ever seen wandering about the resort, which we found charming and relaxing. When there was a local fireworks display one night we even had a very nervous rottweiler sitting under our table with his head on my knee - not to everyone's taste I'm sure but as I say, we found it charming. It's also good to see the cats lounging around like they own the place - let's face it, there are a few rats in Bali!

By day we hung out at one of the two pools, and indulged in numerous massages, facials and reflexology pummelings delivered with great skill by the massage staff. Inexpensive and oh so relaxing!

If there are shortcomings, it's that there is kind of limited space for luggage - we left ours on the massive day bed, so we couldn't really use that - and the fact that there are no locks on the bungalow doors may freak a few people out. I felt perfectly comfortable leaving my surfboards strewn about our private yard, and although we locked a few precious things like passports in the room safe, didn't worry about leaving the camera and phones just lying around in the room. The staff are all very active and alert, and they seem to get to know the guests quickly (it's small enough that we would have picked a stranger a mile away too).

If you're looking for a place to just chill out completely, with an easy walk to the occasionally awesome waves at Balangan, I cannot recommend La Joya highly enough.

Room Tip: All the bungalows are terrific. Not sure I would stay in a "room" - these are grouped in a kind of super-bungalow.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank scrib310
Reviewed July 13, 2012

Overall a great place to stay in, however it is very remote from anywhere else with very little to do. So unless it's a romantic getaway or you're a keen surfer it may not be ideal.

The food was very good and the staff were lovely and helpful. The rooms looked great but really lacked functionality: nowhere to put or hang clothes, not very roomy, and in cooler weather the open shower was cool. Was also security conscious, no locks on any doors and our front door was constantly being opened by the wind!

The two pools were great, however the Owens must really stop letting their dogs take a swim in them - this happened twice in our 4 days there, yuk! Also, there's no way of letting staff know you need privacy so almost everyday I would return from breakfast unable to finish getting ready because my bungalow was being serviced, or even better, I'd be starkers getting dressed and the gardeners would enter....

Balangan is a great surf beach, though not very swim friendly. Unfortunately to get to it you will have to walk through a dried out paddock absolutely rife with cow poo...a real letdown to the surrounds to the beautiful and well cared for gardens of the hotel.

So all up fairly good, but given the prices charged I expected more.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 18, 2012

My girlfriend and I recently stayed for 5 nights at La Joya. We loved it from the minute we arrived, impressed by the stunning location near the cliff overlooking Balangan Beach. The bungalows look great, and I think have improved since some of the other reviews were made as we did have a bar fridge, free wifi and the air con worked ok.

Service was good and staff were very helpful.

A couple of minor negatives: The room could have been a bit cleaner, as although the sheets were fresh, the duvet cover had marks and a bit of sand. Also, the shower head was completely blocked so showering wasnt a great experience.

The restaurant is in a nice setting as per the photos, however the menu is a bit tired and after a couple of days you are ready to go explore other options.

One other thing, I had some surf reef boots disappear from outside our bungalow... whether this was a gardener or someone from outside the resort I dont know. No big deal though.

Overall we really enjoyed our stay and would definitely return.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple