All reviews bedroom villa villa bbq private pool valley view three bedroom sister resort seafood main bedroom beach club cooking class kids club short walk to the beach great holiday outdoor shower great villa family holiday beautiful resort
Reviewed April 5, 2013

We enjoyed the villa, pool, service. Staff were good as well.

Restaurant manager was very friendly and made many adjustments to the meal (since we are vegetarian).

Facilities are very good. However, I think from a Bali point of view, they are overpriced by about 30%.

Not sure if I'll go back unless of course they drop their prices.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Karma_Resorts_Group, General Manager at Karma Jimbaran, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2013

Dear vb2coolJaipur,

Thank you very much for taking time to share your view with us regarding our resort’s quantity and quality of performance. We are also very happy to know that you are satisfied with our villas and service during your stay.

Regarding the price and value for money of our villas, there is currently nothing else in the market place that offers three and four bedroom villas, ideal for couples and families traveling together, for the rates on offer at Karma Jimbaran. I’m sorry you did not see the value in this, and I would love the opportunity to have you and your family stay at Karma Jimbaran again to ensure you leave feeling that you received excellent value for money. Please contact me directly at the resort.

Once again, we thank you very much for your very supportive comments and of course our team are taking it very seriously as an objective view for further immediate follow up. We hope that on your next visit to the island, you will still consider Karma Jimbaran.

Reviewed March 27, 2013

My family and I have just returned from Karma Jimbaran after having spent 10 days there and LOVED it. We were upgraded to a 3 bedroom villa and we were not disppointed - the photographs on the website did match the villa. The villa was clean, very large and the gardens and pool a great size. The staff were always friendly and helpful although there we're some communication barriers but hey this is Bali (maybe we should all learn to speak Balinese?). The grounds of Karma are beautiful and the beach is just across the road at the front of the resort. The staff at reception were always happy to call us a 'Bluebird' taxi - the longest we ever waited for a car was 10mins. My two young daughters absolutely loved 'The 3 Monkey's' club, we found it hard to tear them away and Ayu and Eka are lovely with the children. This was my sixth visit to Bali but first to Karma and I will be returning to Karma again. Remember this is Bali and not a Western civilization and you will have a great time!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Karma_Resorts_Group, General Manager at Karma Jimbaran, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2015

Dear Melissa

Thank you for your review of Karma Jimbaran! Do let us know when we may be able to invite you and the family back as we would love to see you all again.

If the team or I can be of any assistance until then, please do not hesitate to contact me on gm@karmajimbaran.com.

Kind Regards

Graeme Freeman

Reviewed March 23, 2013

This is not a 5 star luxury resort. This is 3-4 Star Accomodation.My husband and I have just returned from Bali last Saturday. We stayed at the Karma Jimbaran resort in a 3 bedroom villa. We stayed 5 nights. I agree with Elsa, the villa with a private pool looks stunning in the photos on the website, but not at all when you get there! The villa was old, desperately needed refurbishing. The rooms all had an odour, a smell like this villa has not been lived in for a long time, that made me sick, I had to buy insense sticks and burn oil to give a nice smell to the villa daily. The linen on the first night smelt like it had been on the bed for a long time too. I used my own pillow. My husband also told me of this too, to my surprise.
We expected more...disappointed to see that what was in the photos on the website was taken when the Villa was brand new, it looks now to be at least 25 years old or more.
The meals at the resturant and spa, massage were expensive. There are cheaper prices for meals and massages on the beach less than half the price of what was charged at the Resort.
The service was great, and we will return to Bali but will stay elsewhere for the money we paid.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear dsaunders22,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience during your stay at Karma Jimbaran and your comments about the stunning images on our website.
All of our villas undergo extensive maintenance throughout the year to keep them at a luxury level. Sometimes in the rainy season (you had stayed at the end of a very active rainy season) our villa maintenance may get pushed back for a few days during a deluge. Our villas have all been through a detailed preventative maintenance program and are on a rotational basis. I’m not sure of the villa you stayed in (V17?), but I can happily shoot images of the current state of the villa for you to compare to those on our website.
Additionally, as we have built our resort using as much natural product as possible, our alang alang thatched roofs can become saturated if there are persistent rains, which in turn produce a mild odor of damp grass. We apologize that this was the case while you visited. It is extremely rare, and only under the most torrential of rains do the roofs become soaked.
In regards to our pricing on F&B and Spa, there are indeed less expensive options available outside the resort. The massage therapists outside the resort, and on the beach, as you’ve mentioned do not have the extensive training of our Karma Spa bodyworkers . I have received countless comments from guests that state that their massage at our Karma Spa was “the best they ever had!” In terms of restaurants, yes, there are cheaper options, but the hygiene and food handling practices in these establishments leave much to be desired. Many guests do try these options only to later have their holiday ruined by a bout of severe gastro.
Once again, we are very thankful for your comments and suggestion and we look forward to the opportunity to host you once again at Karma Jimbaran.

Reviewed March 23, 2013

The villas are really nice and clean: pool, several bedrooms, living room, kitchen, etc. The food in the restaurant is good, liked their breakfast. The SPA is nice too.

That said: we won't be coming back. Why? The staff lacks training, mostly english and service was an issue. I am not talking about a cleaner or somebody working the yards, no, the front desk doesn't speak good english to the point that it is very hard to communicate. Which makes service hard. Check-in took forever because of these issues and doing paperwork. That repeated throughout our stay several times.

The hotel is not at the beach, you have to leave the resort, cross the street and above rocks and construction material... It's at the end of Jimbaran, but you can have a nice stroll along the beach e.g. for dinner.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Markus F,
Thank you very much for taking time to write your experience with Karma Jimbaran from eight months ago.
We value our guests feedback and are very pleased to learn that you were very pleased with our product and services.
We acknowledge that your communication with the local staff may have been an issue. All of our staff are learning English as either a 2nd or 3rd language and can sometimes be thrown off by the slightest accents. In the six months that I have been with the resort, we have conducted extensive English training seminars that have continued on a rotational basis.
In addition, we now also have staff that are fluent in Russian, Japanese, and Korean to assist with our varied markets.
Again, I appreciated very much of your comment regarding our resort and this is a very good lesson for us to improve our service and standard for our next guest. I hope that you will not be discouraged by your first experience and will still consider Karma Jimbaran as your perfect holiday for your next visit to Bali.

Reviewed March 18, 2013

I stayed at Karma Jimbaran for 3 nights with my family (total 8 people + 2 kids) two weeks ago. We booked a four bedroom villa with a private pool, which looks terrific looking at the photos from the website. However, it was a big disappointment after we get there. The enviroment is nice, but the villa is old and not clean. Bed sheets and towels are not clean, sofa has stains on it, and the pool is not clean. The greatest disappointment is this: we picked Bali as our vacation destination hoping to enjoy nice beaches. However, the whole part of the Jimbaran beach next to Karma Hotel is all flood with tide rise until 3:30pm earliest. It require us to take a 15 mins walk on the street to the other side of the Jambaran beach, which was very inconvenient and disappointing. Both the in-villa pool and public pool inside the hotel is rather small, so we end up didn't swim much until we book a cruise before the day we leave from Conrad Nua Dua. If you are willing to pay a little bit more, please choose a hotel which has private beach.

2  Thank Elsa C

Dear Elsa C
Thank you very much for sharing your experience during your stay at Karma Jimbaran.
We appreciate your comments very much and we are taking it very seriously and are now working very hard to follow up all of your points regarding the villa physical condition as well as the cleanliness issue during your stay.
As I went through with guest history log book that we use to record our guest complaint and concern during their stay, we did not find any record of report from your villa which addressed the cleanliness concern during your stay. However, you have raised a very valuable comment as a lesson for us to improve our performance standard to the next level of service of our resort.
During the period of your stay the island was still in rainy season until the middle of April. As a result, sometimes king tides come in and make the beach slightly narrower and more difficult for swimming. This is a very rare occurrence, but does happen for a few days about twice a year.
All of our villas are complete with their own swimming pool and we also have the main swimming pool that is 25 X 5 meters in size. This has proven to be more than adequate with the resort at full occupancy, however, I apologize if you did not feel it was suitable for your needs.
Once again, we truly appreciate your comments and we will continue to improve our service and performance. We look forward to the opportunity to host you again at Karma Jimbaran and ensure you the true Karma experience. By the way, Karma Kandara’s beach is about as private and as beautiful a beach as you will find in Bali. If you wish to book your next Bali holiday there, or in Jimbaran, please feel free to contact me directly.