“Magnificent villa, beautiful surrounds”
Review of Karma Jimbaran

Karma Jimbaran
Ranked #9 of 57 Hotels in Jimbaran
Melbourne, Australia
“Magnificent villa, beautiful surrounds”
Reviewed November 28, 2012

We stayed at Karma Jimbaran with our 2 children aged 7 and 9. We were upgraded to a 4 bedroom villa (no 26) which was truly amazing. The kids loved having their own rooms with private ensuites and our master suite was incredibly large and comfortable. The daily room service staff, pool cleaners and the "fruit man" (replenished our fruit bowl daily) were all thorough, helpful and very polite. The food at Karma Lounge is very good and reasonably priced. The Karma Spa is pure bliss! We loved being walking distance from the seafood restaurants on Jimbaran Bay. We also walked down to Jimbaran Corner shopping centre a few times (can highly recommend Grocer & Grind and the Chocolate Cafe for breakfasts, coffees, lunches). Taxis and drivers are easily and happily booked by reception. Even in reasonable traffic, Seminyak and Legian are easy distances. Highly recommend Bali Brasco department store for some designer bargains! We spent 2 wonderful days at the sister resort, Karma Kandara, which is spectacular. Take advantage of the complimentary shuttle service (you need to book) to Kandara. Nammos Beach Club is awesome. Overall, we loved staying at Karma Jimbaran and look forward to returning soon.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank TriciaG67
Karma_Resorts_Group, General Manager at Karma Jimbaran, responded to this review, July 15, 2015
Dear Tricia

Many thanks for your review of Karma Jimbaran which was from some time ago now. We would love to see you all again at the resort and do feel free to let me know when we can welcome you back on gm@karmajimbaran.com and we would look forward to seeing you all again soon.

Graeme Freeman

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Pleasanton, California
Reviewed November 25, 2012

I believe this is my fourth stay at Karma Jimbaran and each of my previous stays were absolutely delightful. While this last stay was great, I do believe small upkeeps may be required as you could see slight deteriotion of the resort's grounds. Additionally, we utilize the front desk services quite a bit to arrange restaurants and drivers appointments and never ran into any issues in the past but this time around, we truly had our share of driver issues. On one occasion, the driver appointed by the hotel tried to ask for a much higher agreed fare and two other occasion, were late. I do understand these services are outsourced so I suggest the management of Karma review their contracted drivers.
Besides the 2 minor issues above, I absolutely have no complains. The ladies at 3 Monkey's Club was fantastic with the kids as usual. The wait staff at the breakfast place is forever friendly and accomodating. The spa is absolutely heavenly and the spa staff is one of the best I have come across.
I would absolutely return to Karma Jimbaran for my next Bali trip.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank sueduncan
Dear Sueduncan

Many thanks for your review of Karma Jimbaran and patronage to our property. Since your last visit we would love to welcome you back again to see some of the changes we have made to our property and guest experiences, especially the addition of Veritas Duo Wine Lounge located at the front of the resort.

Do feel free to contact me on gm@karmajimbaran.com if the team or I can be of any assistance until your next visit and we would look forward to seeing you again.

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed November 2, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Karma from 7-12 Oct in Villa 35 on our honeymoon. Villa 35 is a 4 bedroom villa so we had plenty of choice. I think that the Karma would be excellent for a family or group of friends. Having spoken to Luke a couple of times I believe that he is certainly working in the right direction, however as he is well aware has scope for improvement. My view was definitely impacted by that I jad just stayed at the best resort I have ever stayed at, the Samaya in Ubud so did compare the two. To make the Karma of the same standard as the Samaya, further focus on attention to detail and service by all staff not just Luke is required. Would I stay here again - maybe if I had a big group.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Skyward37
Dear Skyward37

Thank you for your review of Karma Jimbaran and as you have mentioned, our property does offer a great option for families and friends travelling together.

Since your last visit, we have made a number of changes to our property and guest experience which we would love to invite you back again to experience!

Do feel free to let me know if we can welcome you back again to the property in future and woulf be happy to discuss some of the great packages that we currently have available on gm@karmajimbaran.com.

Darwin, Australia
Reviewed October 29, 2012

My sister-in-law & I stayed in a beautiful 3 bedroom pool villa for 4 nights.We had planned this trip to our beloved Bali with absolute peace & relaxation in mind.Karma Jimbaran was the perfect place for us.We had arranged pickup from the airport & that went smoothly.Our driver kindly stopped at Circle K for us to buy a few things & then we booked in & were driven up to our villa.Our Villa was just beautiful & we instantly felt at home.....& were soon to be commenting that we wish it WAS home.A fantastic design with open living to the pool area.We barely left the viila, except to walk up to the Spa! One evening ,we had them come to us by our pool & had a great reflexology treatment prior to retiring for the night.We ordered a latte first thing in the morning & had that whilst lounging in the pool & then they delivered breakfast.It was a very special holiday made perfect by the beautiful kind, gentle & respectful staff.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Jenny231
Karma_Kandara, General Manager at Karma Jimbaran, responded to this review, October 30, 2012
Dear Jenny231, thank you for your complimentary review about our wonderful product. You have identified our 2 best assets, being our team who right across the board are very kind, gentle and respectful along with our beautiful villa product. Whether it be couples, friends or family members such as yourselves with 2 sisters travelling, we certainly provide the right product, service and experience to ensure our guests have a lovely holiday with us. Everyone in Karma Jimbaran is very proud of our product and what we provide, which I know reflects in the guest experience. I certainly hope we have the opportunity of welcoming you both back in the near future for another sisterly vacation, maybe next time also with more of your family as you do know there is certainly enough space. If I can personally assist in making this happen, I am only a phone call or e-mail away.
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed October 21, 2012

Stumbled upon Karma JImbaran online and was attracted to the photos of the rooms, which led me to book a 3 room villa for 6 adults, 2 kids and 1 infant.

Our flight was delayed and we arrived Bali 2 hours later much to our dismay, but was warmly greeted by the airport transfer driver arranged by Karma Jimbaran. We came to the resort and was somewhat surprised by the small reception and was fearing that the villa was nothing like the pictures on the website.

We were driven up to our villa and were prepared for a disappointment. But to our pleasant surprise, the villa was marvelously huge and beautiful! We were even more pleasantly surprised that we were upgraded to a 4 room villa! The interior and exterior of the villa were tastefully designed. The adults were WOWing at the sheer beauty of the villa, while the kids were excitedly running in and out of the rooms and close to jumping into the private pool. The bathrooms were big and you have the option to bath outdoors. Though the villa has aged a little, this can be overlooked easily. The villa has almost everything complete for our family of 9 to live for the next 4 days, including free wifi.

The breakfast at Karma Lounge was pretty good, Eggs Benedict being one of the favorites. The kids enjoyed themselves at the Kids club, learning to bead necklaces, bracelets and donning Balinese costumes. The Spa massages could have been better with more strength to un-knot the knots.

Overall, we were all very happy to have chosen Karma Jimbaran and would come back again. Friends who saw the photos we posted on Facebook were also marveling at the villa and asking for more pictures and recommendations, which we happily provided.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Purrlyn
Karma_Kandara, General Manager at Karma Jimbaran, responded to this review, October 21, 2012
Dear Purrlyn, thank you for your review of our proud resort. The villas are exceptionally spacious as you have noted and perfect for families especially when the kids club who provide a fantastic service (as happy kids are happy parents) is included in our rates so wonderful added value for our guests. I do appreciate your comments about the age of the villas but rest assured knowing we do have have a very stringent ongoing preventative maintenance program in place to ensure we stay ahead of these wonderful villas becoming tired, especially given the elements we have to endure and our consistently high occupancy. Our team enjoy what they do and I am very confident this reflects in what we do in all areas and the guest experience we can create as you enjoyed. I look forward to seeing you when you are here next.
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed October 16, 2012

We stayed for 10 days in a 3 bedroom villa, they were great, big roomy, fixtures modern and wonderful plunge pool in the middle. The Australian manager was very helpful and informative and attend to all our maintenance issues right away (front office staff not so much). Good location right across the road from the beach and it was nice to get back to the villa's after a busy/noisy day out and have a little bit of quietness and own space. The children 7&9 loved the plunge pool and being in their own room away from the grown ups, especially the outdoor shower. The kids club needs air conditioning and more activities for the kids to do - they didn't stick to the list once although the kids loved the Balinese dress ups and the scuba diving lesson. We loved the nightly turn down service when they turned up 6 night out of the 10. Would definitely recommend these villa's, not 5 star but well worth it for what we paid. We will be back next time we go to Bali.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Karma_Kandara, General Manager at Karma Jimbaran, responded to this review, October 18, 2012
Dear Lisa M, thank you for your review and your lengthy stay with us. Our villa products are wonderful, spacious with everything else you mentioned and more. We are very proud of our product, our team and what we provide to our guests. While I appreciate some of your notes about responsiveness and consistency, we are far from perfect and I am glad you have noted this as these postings are read out daily in our morning briefings, so are a wonderful training and development tool for our teams right across the board. On occasions some of our operational items do misbehave during a guests stay, but when issues do present themselves it is the recovery that is paramount to fixing the guest experience and I do believe we were able to do this well as you have mentioned you would return. I look forward to this occuring and anything I can do to assist in making this happen, I am only a phone call or e-mail away.
Indonesia
Reviewed October 10, 2012

We stayed in a 4 bedroom villa with friends and I was very happy with the experience.

The villa is beautiful, with a small plunge pool and great living / dining room. The kitchen is fully equipped and I was very happy that they accommodated our request for additional (many) cutlery for a party that we threw for friends during the afternoon. They also cleaned up the place very quickly after the guests left. The rooms are nice, very standard villa rooms that you would get in most upmarket Bali properties.

Location-wise, it is very nicely located across the road from the beach club and beach, so do bear in mind that there is no beach front in this property.

Service wise, they are not the most responsive of staff, but I find that this is a problem in many villas - you generally don't expect the service quality of 5-star hotels, so it is something that I can live with. But they do tend to your requests eventually, and in true Indonesian hospitality, always very courteously.

The breakfast is pretty good, and they have a nice lap pool in the middle of the property.

Will definately go back.

Room Tip: Request for a villa close to the restaurant and pool as some rooms are quite a trek away.