“Good fun!!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #12 of 55 Hotels in Jimbaran
London, United Kingdom
“Good fun!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed at Rimba for one night, unfortunately not more, and it was New Years Eve. The hotel was opened in October/November so brand new. On arrival we were treated very well - our bags were taken from the taxi to the reception. Check in was easy, we settled everything there and then as we had an early start in the morning. We were given a welcome drink which was refreshing, although a little sweet. As we were early, our room wasn't ready so we were shown around the hotel by Agus, the reception manager. He took us up to the Unique bar on the roof, it has a pool and a great view, then to the gym and spa which has direct access to one of the pools.
We then went to the restaurant underneath the reception area for lunch. The service was excellent and the food delicious, wine is good too. We asked about the New Years Eve dinner that evening and were told it costs approx. £70 per person which is extortionate, even in London.
We had a pool access room, it was nice to walk out of your room and straight into the water, this pool is shared with other rooms but is cut off from the main pools. There are a number of pools here, maybe 5 or 6, all relatively big, and there is a water slide too, so it's great if you like being in the water, my favorite was the hot pool by the bar.
The grounds are well kept and clean around the pool and the pool boys do an excellent job of refreshing the towels and keeping guests happy - everyone is always smiling, such a lovely place to be!
Our room was good, the bed was huge and comfortable so we had a good nights sleep. The bathroom is fairly cramped, probably due to the big circular bath which has an overhead shower - nice! I'm not sure why the other reviews mentioned issues with there not being enough mirrors. There was a big one in the bathroom and a full length behind the door.
We had breakfast in the morning, I have never seen such a huge selection of food. It all tasted delicious and we watched the chefs preparing the home made croissants the evening before. They must be up all night preparing food because it was a very impressive spread.
On NYE there was a fireworks display at the sister hotel, Ayana, which is about 10 minutes on the shuttle service, we decided not to go as it started to rain, but it would have been nice for families to see I'm sure.
I really enjoyed staying at this hotel and I wish I could have stayed at least another night, mainly to enjoy the many pools!

Room Tip: Chose a pool access room
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Charlotte-Rose86
RimbaJimbaranBali, General Manager at RIMBA Jimbaran BALI by AYANA, responded to this review, January 20, 2014
Dear ‘Charlotte-Rose86’

Thank you for sharing your experience at RIMBA Jimbaran Bali.

It was an honor to be chosen as the host of your holiday albeit for a very short time at RIMBA. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your Pool Access Room, the six multi-layered pools, Pool Bar, resort grounds, breakfast at To’Ge Restaurant and the warm service from all team members.

Again thank you and I look forward to welcoming you back for a longer holiday at RIMBA Jimbaran Bali in the future.

Best regards,

Roger Habermacher

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (230)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2014 via mobile

We stayed at the Ayana Hotel a while back and loved it. They have built the Rimba close by connected by the cutest shuttle you've ever seen! You get to use the Ayana facilities but the Rimba is cheaper so we thought we'd go there for a weekend. We got a suite room and it was amazing, totally new and really stylish. Bed was one if the best I've experienced. The hotel has a lot if pools and you can access the pool from your room which has a kind of private pool area in front of it which wraps around the building. I liked the architecture which has a nod to the environmentally friendly as well as some contemporary Japanese features. There's also a cool bar on the top floor. Gym was great and new. Best was the breakfast which was excellent as well as the service overall. Lots of choice from the buffet as well as an ala carte option. Overall: recommended especially as the unbelievable Ayana facilities are easily accessible from the resort.

• Stayed December 2013
2 Thank Rocco_P
RimbaJimbaranBali, General Manager at RIMBA Jimbaran BALI by AYANA, responded to this review, January 9, 2014
Dear ‘Rocco_P’

Thank you for sharing your experience at RIMBA Jimbaran Bali.

I am pleased to know that you had an enjoyable stay in particular that you enjoyed your Pool Access Suite, the complimentary shuttle service between RIMBA and AYANA Resort and Spa, the six pools, breakfast at To’ge, and UNIQUE Rooftop Bar.

As you mentioned, RIMBA is the sister hotel of AYANA Resort and Spa that offers a different type of luxury and its own unique experiences, with 78 private pool villas designed to ensure maximum seclusion for every guest, 7 restaurants, Spa on the Rocks, Aquatonic Pool and Rock Bar. Both RIMBA and AYANA guests experience seamless service and the facilities of two distinct resorts offering the best of both worlds: RIMBA with its hillside location and forest ambience, and AYANA’s ocean-front setting.

Again thank you and I look forward to welcoming you back.

Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2014

We stayed at Rimba for 4 nights over Xmas and it was just the perfect holiday. As soon as we arrived, I was wowed with everything, the lobby, the room, the bathroom, and when we woke up the pools!!!!
We arrived on the 24th Dec and missed all the rain, the 4 days we had were all hot and sunny and we basically spent most of our time in the amazing pools.
While my daughter napped during the day we just hung out in the balcony on the day bed and surfed the net on free wi-fi.
The food at Ah-Yat was amazing so we practically had most of our lunches and dinners there.
The breakfast was also great, even though the selection was not as large as some other resorts, what they had was delicious and much better quality than other 5 star places.
We also loved the rooftop bar, the bar was spectacular, made even more so by the beautiful sunset while sipping on delicious cocktails. Our 14 month old was allowed in, so that was a bonus otherwise we would have missed out on this little gem of a place.

And finally, the staff were just wonderful, everyone was so happy to be there, they were very attentive and nothing is too much trouble. We had a free upgrade to the Jimbaran bay room and also free late check out, which was much appreciated.

We just had the most relaxing stay there, we will definitely be coming back. Thank you for a wonderful holiday Rimba!
We also went to visit Ayana on the free shuttle and even though the resort was beautiful, we opted to go back to Rimba to enjoy our pool because it was just amazing.

Room Tip: The Jimbaran bay room gave us excellent views of the pool.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Jadavi2014
Dear ‘Jadavi2014’

It’s truly rewarding to read your comments, thank you very much for sharing your feedback with us.

I am delighted to know that you had such a relaxing stay at RIMBA in particular your Jimbaran Bay Room, the 6 swimming pools, breakfast at To’ge, UNIQUE Rooftop Bar, and cuisine at Ah Yat Abalone Seafood Restaurant.

Our team members will feel very rewarded by your comments about their warm service. I am also glad you made time to visit AYANA Resort and Spa to experience its unique facilities and ocean-front setting.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

surabaya
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2014 via mobile

We stay 2 nights at this hotel. Hotel was very new and clean. Unique design, many great pools. Stay at this hotel was relaxing, away from crowd. Staffs were friendly and helpfull. Breakfast not so much choices, because i think the hotel not yet fully operated. hotel is very recomended for family holiday or just a short gateaway. For me, this hotel have the best pool access room which i ever stayed.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank frankyantonius
Dear ‘A TripAdvisor Member’

Thank you for sharing your experience after staying at RIMBA Jimbaran Bali.

I am delighted that you enjoyed a relaxing stay at RIMBA and found your Pool Access Room comfortable, and have fond memories of the the 6 unique pools and the caring and attentive service from our team members. In regards to the breakfast selection, you are correct that during our opening period we had a more limited selection available, but this has been expanded to cater for various guests’ preferences.

Again thank you and I look forward to welcoming you back.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2014

My husband and I stayed at Rimba for 4 nights just before Christmas. We usually stay at Ayana but this time we split our stay in to 2 parts, staying 4 nights at Rimba and then 4 nights at Ayana. We were not disappointed! The hotel is breathtaking; the pools are magical; the staff are so friendly and helpful and the facilities are awesome. We simply can't wait to come back and next time will spend more time at Rimba than Ayana (we just loved the pool bar and Unique rooftop bar!!). We celebrated my birthday while we were there and I was sung 'happy birthday' to by just about every staff member everywhere we went during the day and spoiled by lovely cards and cake and a birthday cocktail - they went out of their way to make me feel special and I certainly did. I keep closing my eyes and taking myself back there in my mind and simply can't wait to return. I highly recommend beautiful Rimba!!! Enjoy :)

• Stayed December 2013
2 Thank Happyvette
RimbaJimbaranBali, General Manager at RIMBA Jimbaran BALI by AYANA, responded to this review, January 6, 2014
Dear ‘Happyvette’

Happy Belated Birthday! Thank you for sharing your experience after staying at RIMBA Jimbaran Bali and AYANA Resort and Spa Bali.

I am honored to have been chosen as the host of your birthday celebration and am delighted that you felt spoilt by the facilities and warm service at both AYANA and RIMBA. I am so glad that you took advantage of the opportunity to experience both resorts, with the oceanfront setting of AYANA and the forest setting of RIMBA.

Thank you again and I look forward to welcoming you back for another celebration in the near future.

Best wishes for 2014 and your birthday,

Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for a couple of nights and it was a lovely stay. The pools are so relaxing, the rooms are comfortable and luxurious. What makes this hotel too is the sister hotel ayana which gives you access to their facilities and quick entry to rock bar! Highly recommend rimba and would stay here again!

Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
RimbaJimbaranBali, General Manager at RIMBA Jimbaran BALI by AYANA, responded to this review, January 5, 2014
Dear ‘Nat A’

Thank you very much for sharing your experience at RIMBA Jimbaran Bali.

It’s truly rewarding to know that you enjoyed a relaxing and luxurious stay in particular your room, the pools, and of the facilities both at AYANA and RIMBA including the priority access to Rock Bar.

Thank you again and I look forward to welcoming you back to RIMBA and AYANA in the future.

Ningbo, China
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2013

Stayed here for three nights and really loved our stay. Staff very friendly and very helpful. Its the sister hotel of AYANA and the plus side is you get access to the facilities at AYANA. The spa at AYANA is very good and I would highly recommend it. Was a bit skeptical when booking at first but was glad we did. Our booking included breakfast and my picky husband found something to eat every single morning. The gym is well equipped. Didn't use the pool as was raining almost every single day during our stay. We were sad to leave and would definitely stay again if ever we visit Bali again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank JNYV13
RimbaJimbaranBali, General Manager at RIMBA Jimbaran BALI by AYANA, responded to this review, January 2, 2014
Dear ‘JNYV13’

Thank you for sharing your experience after staying at RIMBA Jimbaran Bali.

I am pleased to know that you enjoyed the resort facilities, warm service by our team members, breakfast at To’ge and Thermes Marins Spa at AYANA. Both RIMBA and AYANA guests experience seamless service and the facilities of two distinct resorts offering the best of both worlds: RIMBA with its hillside location and forest ambience, and AYANA’s ocean-front setting.

I look forward to welcoming you back to RIMBA and AYANA in the near future.

Roger Habermacher
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jimbaran
Le Meridien Bali Jimbaran
AYANA Resort and Spa
#13 of 55 in Jimbaran
4.5 of 5 bubbles 3,340 reviews
INTERCONTINENTAL Bali Resort

Been to RIMBA Jimbaran BALI by AYANA? Share your experiences!