“A perfect meal. A must visit. ”
Review of Paper Planes

Paper Planes
Ranked #46 of 265 Restaurants in Jimbaran
Cuisines: Malaysian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed December 25, 2013 via mobile

Who would have thought you could have such authentic yummy Malaysian food in Bali. We had read about this place here and thanks to the previous reviewers we had a fantastic meal, with frozen snow beer (yum, even for a non beer drinker), amazing roti and even more amazing laksa and honey pork noodles, all for around $20. Of course we left a generous tip for the quality food and service, thank you Paper Planes for a fab meal.
The owners make everything from scratch daily hence the food is extremely fresh. They go to the markets each morning and cook just enough for the day to minimize left overs that are thrown out. We got to the restaurant at around 5pm but had to wait for a new batch of laksa to be made as they had sold out all ingredients for the day at lunch. It was definitely worth the wait!
The decor is rustic shabby chic. I felt like I was eating at somebody's home. And it was good.

1  Thank WendyJoshTravel
There are newer reviews for Paper Planes

Reviewed December 18, 2013

I tried the oily rice and honey roasted pork and it was the best I tried so far in Bali. Also I tried the roti tissue. The place is simple but comfy, it was for dinner so the weather was not so hot. Karl, the waiter, was also very friendly and gave us personalized service. Overall price is cheap and the food worth the price. Will recommend you to try the place.

1  Thank Tobi2403
Reviewed December 15, 2013

Stumbled into this place whilst searching for supper and I have to say it was a hidden gem. Home cooked Malaysian cuisine is their specialty, which I would put at par, if not surpassing the quality back home in Malaysia itself. The roast pork is a must try, as well as the caramelized pork. The tau foo fa is also highly recommended. Went back again the next night due to the deliciousness of the food. Two thumbs up.

2  Thank Dan T
Reviewed December 12, 2013

I found the reviews of this place on Trip Advisor and based on them we decided to give this place a try. It was not easy to find immediately but the taxi driver asked and we spotted it. We were staying the Intercontinental in Jimbaran Bay & it was only a 5 minute cheap taxi ride away. It is tiny but cute and the co-owner Karl could not have been more welcoming and hospitable. The menu is basic but they do what they are good at - malaysian food. We ordered the pork with crackling and the chicken with oily rice ($3.50AU). My daughter cannot eat garlic/onion (tricky in Indonesia) and they were very accommodating with her meal being cooked perfectly for her. Would loved to try the curry Laksa but we were too hot & sweaty already on this steamy night without a hot curry! The meals were delicious and we ate every last piece. However they were almost outdone by the Roti for dessert, we tried a Tissue Roti on Karl's recommendation and it was amazing. It puffs up like a tissue thin balloon and comes with melted butter, cinnamon and sugar. It was sensational. Our whole meal with drinks cost us about $22 AU for 4 people! If your looking for great food in a homely setting this it the place for you. We just loved it and will probably go back again before we return to Australia next week if we have time. Good luck to them with their new venture. We will be telling all our friends about it.

1  Thank carinaMelbourne
Reviewed December 10, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I visited here last night based on the great TA reviews. They were all right, Paper Planes was fantastic! From the amazingly friendly service to the wonderful (and very inexpensive) food and romantic and homey atmosphere, we loved every second of our dinner! The owners went above and beyond to make sure we were enjoying ourselves, and the rotis were wonderful! I would highly recommend Paper Planes to anyone as a refreshing alternative to the busy and more expensive restaurants in other areas of Jimbaran.

1  Thank Rachande