“Lovely setting in South Jimbaran.”
Review of The Jimbaran View

The Jimbaran View
Ranked #33 of 60 Hotels in Jimbaran
Reviewed December 30, 2013 via mobile

This place is absolutely lovely, staff were great and attentive. The rooftop bar is awesome with great views of Jimbaran and South Kuta.

We had food and a couple of drinks here which came to around 400,000 for a large pizza and chicken and chorizo burger which I'd definately recommend.

The only thing I would say it was really quiet with us being the only people there!

Overall an excellent must visit location.

Stayed: December 2013
HARRISBJB, Manajer Umum at The Jimbaran View, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2014

Dear Danfelix,

Let me thank you for taking the time to post such positive comments about your stay in HARRIS Bukit Jimbaran. It is always great to read that you enjoyed our services and facilities, especially regarding our rooftop.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future at HARRIS Hotel Bukit Jimbaran.

Reviewed December 30, 2013

Stayed just one night here. Specially flew to Bali for a dinner event in Jimbaran and didn't wanna spend a bomb on a villa, so chose Harris, which had pretty decent reviews.
Location - not fantastic. There's nothing much around here and it is rather out of the way. Took 20 minutes to reach here from the airport and despite dinner being in JImbaran, the taxi still took around 10-15 minutes to get to the restaurant. Not many options for food, though the hotel has a shuttle to take you out to Jimbaran.
Staff - what more can I say about Bali's people that one doesn't already know? Super friendly, super polite, super eager to please. The staff spoke fairly good English, too.
Room - brightly lit, vibrantly decorated. Made me happy to stay here. Decent sized room too. They've got a rooftop bar that came to life at night and in the day (if it's not too hot) you can lounge around and enjoy the view and the breeze with drink in hand.
Not too bad, if you are not looking for a typical villa-esque vacation.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Northern_Rock,

Thank you for your great feedback of your recent stay at our hotel. We are very pleased that you had a great time with us.

We have conveyed also your compliments to our HARRIS players and it will be a good motivation for them to give the best services to our guests.

Once again, thank you for your visit and kind review; hopefully we may have the chance to host you again in the future.

Best wishes,

Reviewed December 26, 2013 via mobile

I live in Bali. I stay in a lot of hotels, and I must say I was pleasntly suprised with the quality of the hotel. Nice bayview room. Great skybar and waffles made to order at breakfast! The one downer is too many staff barely speak English and my reservation was booked without breakfast (even though I resuested it) and the cook took 30 minutes to finally make me 1waffle. 10 staff in restaurant and no one thinking to run eggs and waffles to guests. Instead guests wait long time and have to go back looking for their order. Other than that great spa and pool. Overall B+ I would stay here again:-)

Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
HARRISBJB, Manajer Umum at The Jimbaran View, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2014

Dear Teddy702,

Thank you for taking your time to express your real feelings about HARRIS Hotel Bukit Jimbaran Bali. We are delighted to know that you enjoyed the bay view from your room, our H’Spa along with our Jim’bar’N skybar/rooftop.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future at HARRIS Hotel Bukit Jimbaran Bali.

Reviewed December 19, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for 5 nights in November 2013. Good things first: a) friendly staff; b) nice clean hotel.

Now the complaints: a) far from main happening area Kuta, about R80,000 by taxi; b) food in the hotel restaurant is very expensive and not tasty.

Next time i will stay in Kuta or Seminyak.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Shurid F

Dear Surid,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience with us; we would like to apologize for the inconvenience you experienced while staying with us.

Again, thank you for your review and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed December 16, 2013

I stayed at the Harris Jimbaran view Hotel and was very pleasantly surprised at the quality and accommodation, especially for this price-range. I think I was expecting it to be 'just okay' and was prepared for that, but I have to say it went well beyond my expectations - always a bonus for any holiday. The rooms are neat, tidy and 'efficient' and cater for all you could reasonably expect in a hotel room, including the bathroom which was large and well appointed. A big difference for this hotel is the staff, who were always helpful, courteous and extremely pleasant with a great big smile and welcoming comment. Staff 'make or break' a good holiday experience, and the Jimbaran staff are well selected & well trained, meaning your holiday is already off to a great start.
The rooftop restaurant and function area has the most spectacular views back over Kuta and across to Nusa Dua, Beno & Sanur - at night it is as good as you can get anywhere in Bali.
I will be back again to the Harris at Jimbaran and have no problems recommending it to my friends & family. Cheers Greg B

Room Tip: I had a room near the rear of the hotel, so was far away from any road traffic noises. I have been t...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Greg B

Dear Greg B,

We are pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay at HARRIS Bukit Jimbaran. Your feedback is greatly valued and we have conveyed your kind words to all associates, it helps to boost our associates' confidence and willingness to always improve their quality of service.

We hope that your next visit will be as pleasant and memorable as the previous one, and we look forward to welcoming you back again.

Reviewed December 10, 2013

We went here last night for my wifes birthday and it started off very nice, the staff were friendly, the ambiance was great, a perfect sunset.

However, the bar was 50 metres from our table and if anyone at your table ordered a cocktail you had to wait 15 minutes to get a drink. One of the guests just wanted a beer so walked up to the bar and was told they would bring it, it still took 15 minutes, there were no bar staff waiting to take orders at the tables, so every drink took 15 minutes to get. There were only 3 other tables occupied so it was not busy.

Then, we ordered the food, it is a Western Menu and quite obvious once we received our meals that the staff did not know what they were doing or the Chef. One person ordered the Salmon Pasta only to receive a Salmon Burger, I've never even heard of a Salmon Burger, and it wasn't even on the menu. we sent it back and 30 minutes later got a very bland Salmon Pasta. All the food that came out was very bland. The Pizza was made with a very dry tasteless crust, the Nachos was huge, but it was a huge pile of corn chips with one spoonful of something on top, being very dark we couldn't tell what it was, my wife said it tasted fine but then put the rest of the cornchips that had nothing on them on the table for everyone to share as a plain bowl of cornchips. One friend had chicken with couscous and the couscous was watery and the water was flooding the whole plate. Another ordered a pasta with chicken that had no chicken in it. Another friend ordered the Surf and Turf which after 1.5 hours had not arrived and we were ready to leave at this time so he said just cancel it, but they still put it on our bill, which we made them take off.

The Most disappointing thing had to be my wifes birthday cake, one guest brought a beautiful strawberry cheecake as a surprise and asked the staff to put it in the fridge, when she asked them to bring it out with plates and forks, they handed her the box, which they had left on the bench near the oven for 3 hours and she was handed a runny, unrecognizable slush. The staff did not apolgise, one of our guests asked for a spatula to try and scrap it up and see if he could save it and was handed a huge cake knife, he asked again for a spatula and one of the bar staff got angry with him.

My wife never got to see what her beautiful cake looked like beforehand, luckily her friend took a before photo. My wife is very easy going and just laughed at the mush presented to her but the friend that brought the cake was crying.

The staff at this bar are not trained to a standard of the prices charged and the Chef should not be cooking a Western menu, that is obvious.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank CBali

Dear CBali,

Thank you very much for taking your valued time to review our hotel and share your experience.

We deeply apologize for the troubles experienced in terms of services.
I can ensure you that we have taken several actions in order to serve you better in the future.
I would be delighted if you could give us another chance, I will personally make sure to meet you at this time.

Please send my best regards to your wife and relatives.

We look forward to surprise you for your next dinner.

Kind regards,

Reviewed December 8, 2013 via mobile

I very much enjoyed my stay here and the price was great. Fast internet access in my room and a very comfortable bed. The only downside is that it is not really near anything of interest and you would need to take a taxi to get anywhere. Fortunately taxis are cheap in Bali and it is only a 10 minute drive from some of the nicest beaches in Bali. Check out uluwatu temple and dreamland beach. Beautiful.

• Stayed: September 2013

Dear Owain L,

May we extend our grateful for your kind words about HARRIS hotel Bukit Jimbaran Bali. It is an honor to be able to give our best service and distinctive experience to you while you were staying with us. We would be delighted to welcome you back at our Hotel.

Louis POISSON

Also consider these accommodations in or near Jimbaran
MaxOneHotels at Bukit Jimbaran
The Sintesa Jimbaran
The Sintesa Jimbaran
#11 of 60 in Jimbaran
Le Meridien Bali Jimbaran

Been to The Jimbaran View? Share your experiences!