“Excellent meal and staff. Special gluten/fructose free meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Cuca

Cuca
Ranked #2 of 248 Restaurants in Jimbaran
Cuisines: European, Spanish, Asian, Indonesian, International, Contemporary
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine, Families with children, Business meetings, Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Cuca serves SIGNATURE cuisine made exclusively from the best and freshest local ingredients. We are a casual dining destination that tempts you with three reasons to come: tapas, cocktails, and desserts, and three spaces to experience: an interactive and exciting food bar, a relaxed and intimate dining room and a chilled out garden lounge. Choose the space that suits you best and come with an open mind and an empty stomach!
Melbourne, Australia
“Excellent meal and staff. Special gluten/fructose free meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2014 via mobile

I recently headed to Cuca in Jimbaran for dinner with a group of work colleagues. I was a bit worried because of my dietary requirements but I shouldn't have been. The staff and chef were amazing. I emailed through my requirements a week before dining and the chef made a separate 4 course meal which was entirely gluten free and fructose free. On top of this the food was excellent! Several times the staff and chef came out to see how I was and explain what was in the dishes. I can't recommend the restaurant enough. Cuca will be the first restaurant on my list next time I visit Bali.

3 Thank Ant W

• Polish first
  • Turkish first
“A Must Go To”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2014 via mobile

The moment you walk through the entrance you feel relaxed and ready to enjoy an evening of great service and food with flavours you won't forget. You are able to have a relaxed beer or cocktail in the garden on comfortable lounges before heading into the very stylish and simply decorated restaurant. Recommended you choose 3 dishes each, but with the choice it is very hard not to push the boundaries and go one more. A couple of my favourites were the Smoked Butterfish and the Farmed Chicken Chicha, just delicious. At the moment you only have a choice of local wines, but no problem if you want to bring your own. No corkage for locals. The chef really knows his stuff and this restaurant derserves to do well. I look forward to going back again soon.

Visited February 2014
1 Thank Liz H
Uluwatu, Bali, Indonesia
“Casual dining, great atmosphere, tasty food!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2014

The food is really tasty. My favorite is Tiger Prawn with sweet and sour zucchini. The dessert are heavenly delicious and unique. The cocktails are also unique. I tried Pink Lime which is very refreshing (and they can make the mocktail version for me!). Service is outstanding!
We dine in the garden under the trees and they provide free wifi,too.. Will come back!!!

• Visited February 2014
Bern
“Excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2014

Tapas style fusion food. Everything we ordered was delicious. Excellent mix of flavours.
A lot of work put into presentation and making every dish very tasty. We have a 1 yr old so we went at 6.30pm and there was no one there but I imagine it has a great atmosphere when full later. Trendy setting - a bit dark.

Visited December 2013
1 Thank aussiexpat77
“Amazing Food experience in an outstanding Environment”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2014

My girlfriend picked this restaurant based on the great reviews for our first dinner in Bali, because I am a real Foodie. The service was very attentive and the great experience started already at the entrance. It was pouring rain when we arrived by cab and somebody waiting for us with umbrellas to take us in the restaurant.
As a hospitality professional I can’t help myself to analyze and evaluate everything when going out for dinner. This place was great in every aspect of the experience you should get in a restaurant. The décor was subtle yet very elegant. If you are going there as a couple I strongly recommend requesting a seat at the Kitchen counter, because you can see how they prepare each dish and the Chef Kevin takes the time to explain you each dish individually as he serves you.
Knowing how difficult it is to find and keep good service is staff in South East Asia, I must say they are doing a great job in training their staff. The staff might lack hospitality experience, but they make up for it in being very friendly and extremely attentive, yet you feel that they respect your privacy. Unlike most rated Michelin Restaurants where you sometimes feel being constantly observed by the staff.
The food was a mirror of Chef Kevin’s culinary experience. He only serves organic, local Indonesian products mastered with the art of Michelin Chef. As every dish on the menu looked so mouthwatering and couldn’t decide, we ordered almost any dish of his menu. He didn’t believe it was possible to eat that much because normally they recommend 3 dishes per person, but we ate 12 dishes  + dessert. It was so good that we finished easily each dish. My Highlights were the BBQ octopus, Smoked butterfish and Tiger Prawn Ceviche. My Girlfriends favorite was the honey baked pumpkin, the roasted tiger prawns and Bali Breakfast (out of this world tasting dessert). It was an incredible balance between, freshness of the food, preparation skill, creativity and molecular cuisine.
The food and experience was so great that we went back the evening before flying off to Singapore to continue our food journey. As we were cutting it short with dinner and going to the Airport Kevin and his wife Virginia went beyond perfect service and did everything in their power to help us catch the flight, which we luckily did.
I recommend this restaurant to any food lover who is looking for a mind blowing experience at affordable cost. I doubt that Cuca will stay much longer under the radar of the big Restaurant evaluators, because food, service and atmosphere are amazing.

• Visited December 2013