“unique!”

Cuca
Ranked #3 of 283 Restaurants in Jimbaran
Cuisines: Contemporary, International
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Cuca serves SIGNATURE cuisine made exclusively from the best and freshest local ingredients. We are a casual dining destination that tempts you with three reasons to come: tapas, cocktails, and desserts, and three spaces to experience: an interactive and exciting food bar, a relaxed and intimate dining room and a chilled out garden lounge. Choose the space that suits you best and come with an open mind and an empty stomach!
Reviewed January 9, 2014

back for third times, and still amaze how Kevin do with all the meal and dessert stuff. Would be back here again for sure.

2  Thank tantiklam
Write a ReviewReviews (2,347)

Reviewed January 9, 2014

Great food, cool place, friendly staff... you will love it when you are open to experience a new style of food. All the dishes are served in tapas style portions, so you need to order three or more from the menu. Dishes are placed in the middle of the table to share, it is fun and communicative. Leave some space for the excellent desserts.

2  Thank expatjakarta
Reviewed January 8, 2014 via mobile

I've never had tapas before so I dont know what to expect. Food seemed rather expensive but we were there on friends' recommendation and we wanted to try it. Overall it was a pleasant and tasty experience... Every bite is unexpected, a twist that gets you going more and more :) if not for my baby crying and fussing it would have been a perfect evening. Too bad I had to leave early.. Will come again next time

Reviewed January 8, 2014

Christmas day evening dinner at Cuca, was very memorable, we had the option of sitting in the restaurant or by the kitchen where you can see it all happening. We opted for the latter, from the moment we arrived it was perfect... very friendly staff and owners, Kevin is the head chef, and the owner with his wife Virginia, who is a beautiful person who makes you feel very welcome.
Every morsel was totally delicious, from the lovely starter to the most amazing fish dish i have ever eaten, followed by delicious soup, main course and desert if you can manage to eat it, but eat it you must as its too good not to.
Cuca is a restaurant that everyone should have the pleasure of experiencing, believe me you will return. Keep up the good work Kevin. Very Happy New Year to you both, and thanks for making our Christmas day meal so memorable.

2  Thank DolinaH H
Reviewed January 6, 2014

The reviews sounded so great that we decided to go and have dinner at Cuca in Jimbaran. The layout of the restaurant area reminded me of the configuration of hospital beds in a public hospital: 10 tables placed across from each other with a walkway in between, separated by a curtain hanging off semi-circular rail. I could almost picture a doctor walking in and closing the curtains all the way around to perform an examination.
The string of disappointments started when the waiter informed us that the most popular dish (wagyu beef) was sold out. I don’t get it – the restaurant was half empty, who ate all that beef? The waiter recommended to try the “special” dish prepared “especially” to reflect the “festive season” – chicken stuffed with a “surprise”. Unfortunately, it was quite bland, under-seasoned and simply boring. The Emperor Fish ceviche and Country Pumpkin Chicha dishes were ok but nothing special enough to go wow about them.
My second disappointment came with dessert – we ordered the most popular dish – chocolate mousse with mint ice cream. I simply adore chocolate in any form but absolutely dislike when it is flavoured with mint. I should’ve checked with the waiter whether the ice cream was incorporated into the mousse or served on the side. Well, sadly for me, it was placed into the mousse and by the time the dish reached our table, had melted into the chocolate.
But the biggest disappointment was when, at the end – the waiter with a tray laden with small tin jars came to our table and asked us to buy some. It turned out, that he was selling us some very “special’ salt mixed with very “special” organic herbs, each one “especially” designed for different dishes. He opened few of them and urged us to dip our fingers into the salt and to taste. First of all, it was totally unhygienic, and second – whatever tastes lingered in our mouths after dinner, was replaced with spiced salt, the taste of which we could not get rid off, for hours. It was ok but I wouldn’t rush back in a hurry