“Beautiful views and nice food”
Review of Sundara

Sundara
Ranked #3 of 266 Restaurants in Jimbaran
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The Sanskrit word for "beautiful", Sundara pays tribute to the glowing sun that warms Bali's hottest beachfront restaurant and bar. Enjoy a casual lunch of light, shareable cuisine ideal for soaking up the salt-air and panoramic views. Lounge away the afternoon on an ocean-front bale, sun-splashed daybed or table on the open terrace overlooking the 57-meter infinity edge pool, just steps above the surf. For dinner, Sundara transforms into one of Bali's most sophisticated dining experiences, with a Modern Asian-inspired menu that can be served as individual portions or for sharing with a companion or group. After dark, the beachside ambience becomes candlelit and sexy with the island's most tantric avant-garde cocktails.
Reviewed March 6, 2014

I had dinner here with some friends in February. I had special dietary requirements (gluten free and fructose free) and informed the staff who quickly too my request to the chef. I was informed of some dishes that I could eat with little changes to the menu. I had the prawns, spinach and rice. The request was no trouble for the kitchen and I enjoyed the meal with my friends who mostly eat prawns. The other couple of people had the fish which was apparently quite good also. The views are fantastic overlooking the pool on Jimbaran beach.

There are newer reviews for Sundara

Reviewed March 5, 2014

This is such a special place. We came at sunset and sat on one of the couches near the pool. I believe there was a minimum bar charge to sit there--but the drinks are pretty expensive, we had no trouble meeting it. Excellent cocktails and the views is magic. There was a DJ playing the best music I've heard in years. It's a bit of a "scene", service is rather slow, other customers were all blinged out BUT still the best bar ever.

Reviewed February 27, 2014

What an amzing place to sit and have a few drinks at! unfortunately we didnt get a chance to go back and have dinner here on this trip but it's on our list for our next visit to Bali. The selection of cocktails are to die for! we had an amazinf couple of hours there and the kids were kept entertained by the staff who gave them a hole load of bread to feed to the fish! loved the atmosphere and the service! highly recommended.

Thank BaliHolidayLove... B
Reviewed February 26, 2014

Went to Sundara last January with some friends. Had a delicious nasi goreng, beautiful view of Jimbaran beach and friendly staff. Was in Sundara for dinner time, because in Jimbaran you can't get sunset. Mostly it's a sunrise beach. Still nice anyway, and recommended for romantic dinner.

1  Thank RomeoPutra M
Reviewed February 22, 2014

This is one restaurant everyone that has a pallet for great food must visit when travelling to Bali, or staying at the Four Seasons Villa's.

We had the best dining experience at Sundara, the staff are amazing, the food is divine and the views are fantastic, this would be a great place for either Breakfast, Lunch or Dinner.

We will be returning the Sundara when we come back to Bali.

Thanks to the team for making our dinner and honeymoon experience in Bali so special.

Been to Sundara? Share your experiences!