“Great Setting & Service on Jimbaran Bay”
Review of Sundara

Sundara
Reserve with OpenTable
Sundara is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 269 Restaurants in Jimbaran
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The Sanskrit word for "beautiful", Sundara pays tribute to the glowing sun that warms Bali's hottest beachfront restaurant and bar. Enjoy a casual lunch of light, shareable cuisine ideal for soaking up the salt-air and panoramic views. Lounge away the afternoon on an ocean-front bale, sun-splashed daybed or table on the open terrace overlooking the 57-meter infinity edge pool, just steps above the surf. For dinner, Sundara transforms into one of Bali's most sophisticated dining experiences, with a Modern Asian-inspired menu that can be served as individual portions or for sharing with a companion or group. After dark, the beachside ambience becomes candlelit and sexy with the island's most tantric avant-garde cocktails.
Reviewed July 4, 2013

Had both weekend lunch and dinner at Sundara. The weekend brunch was over-the-top in terms of selection and amount of food. You select a handful of appetizers – a main course – and then four or more desserts. Wonderful food, a bit too much food.

Had a nice last night dinner in Bali at Sundara. Drinks selection on an iPad. Wonderful service and good Indonesian and Western food. Can’t beat the location overlooking the Four Seasons infinity pool out to Jimbaran Bay.

Reviewed June 30, 2013

I went to Sundara twice for dinner and the first time, the experience was fabulous but unfortunately a week later I invited friends to have dinner and it was quite disappointing. The service as with my first visit was excellent and a good atmosphere but on my second experience, the lamb was tasteless and my friends beef was salty. The music was to loud inside the restaurant and we had to ask to turn down the volume.

As setting and atmosphere go, setting is superb and a welcome improvement over the previous PJ's restaurant that was very tired. Great place to have drinks and the music is chilled out lounge sounds. I will return for a third try at dinner and I hope it's like my first experience.

Drinks were very good.

1  Thank BGZBali
Reviewed June 30, 2013

To be fair the view is great. Service a joke, we are on holidays like everyone else, so delays not a deal breaker, but we had been seated for over 20 minutes after ordering before a bottle of Bintang and a cocktail and apple juice arrived.

Menu was awful . . .and some of the items not even available on this visit . . .could have been a blessing.
Fries, burgers, tomato and lettuce, could not understand the hype, and it didn't feel like a Four Seasons resto until the rosemary bread arrived, warm and delicious, and we were accidentally given the meals for the table next door . . . .which looked fabulous . . .local fare with Four Seasons flair . . . .what menu did they receive???

We asked what menu our fellow diners had selected from to find out there was a more indigenous carte on offer??? too late, we had already ordered a kids meal (mini burger) after asking for a kids menu, and western style pub food as there was nothing much else, (at least on our menu)and half a lobster given we were in Jimbaran Bay.

The whole offering was bland and boring and took over 40 minutes to arrive. The lobster hadn't been prepared in the usual fashion and nothing short of a crowbar was releasing it from its exoskeletor confines.

Our waiter was well intended but of no assistance whatsoever, and naively assured us it would be better next time we visited??

It sounds like a first world problem (my lobster was boring) but it was just a really ordinary meal.

In the interests of presenting a balanced review, the price was as expected at least in FS terms, and the location was great with a very good view of crashing waves, and a cabana for rent beach club atmosphere. In addition, I asked for a twist on a wasabi cocktail,(could I have chilli) and the long suffering barman was wheeled out (I was a bit embarrassed) to see how I enjoyed it . . . .awkward!

We may go back, but would specify the local menu and rent a cabana alongside the great infinity pool.

Reviewed June 25, 2013

We went there for lunch. There is a clear difference between people who work at Four Seasons than any other hotel chain in the world.

The food is awesome, expensive but hey the price to pay.
The service is just incredible! They are very helpful. Friendly.
Treated us like how every customer should be treated, like Kings and Queens! 'Nuf said.

Reviewed June 22, 2013

I have been attending for meals and sunset drinks, and have to say that the venue and the service is of the highest international standards.