“Stay somewhere else!”

Paradise Loft Villas Jimbaran
Ranked #47 of 94 Jimbaran B&B and Inns
“Stay somewhere else!”
Reviewed March 21, 2013

My partner and I have just returned from bali staying 9 nights we spent 3 nights at heaven hill / paradise loft.

We bought the deal on group after looking at the photos it looked beautiful we were let down as soon as we arrived.

Not only was it located 25 minutes away from jimbarran right on the outskirts! When we were taken to our villa there were still dirty plates from the guests before us outside our room. Not the best first impression. The staff will drive you to nusa dua or jimbarran only one way! And will charge to take you into kuta. Make sure you get a business card to show the taxi driver on way home because no one knows where it is!!

The roof of the lounge area was coved in mould and smelt terrible! The space was tiny and it is not a villa! The plunge pool is nice and the best part of the room but there is no chairs or table or sun beds to relax and enjoy it.

The breakfast is just microwaved rice or noodles and not the best (only 4 options to choose from) I went out and bought coco pops.

The room is hot and not enjoyable.

We thought about leaving and going back to sun island hotel (kuta) for the same price per night it is on a whole other level!!! (Highly reccomend sun island) but we decided to just go out all day and only return to sleep.

To some up just DONT stay here find somewhere else even if you bought the groupon voucher it puts a dampener on your holiday to stay here!

• Stayed March 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
  • Indonesian first
Singapore, null, Singapore
Reviewed March 13, 2013

Like everyone else, i had also purchased a this Villa stay through groupon deal. To be honest, I have been very worried when I see so much negative feedback about the Villa that I have actually lowered my expectation prior the trip with my partner.

Perhaps things are not too bad after all, we have got our pick up from airport to the Villa on time without any mistake. The room wise was spacious with your own little swimming pool. I would say it is very suitable for couple to actually stay there.

Location:
Yes the location is definitively far and is nowhere near any market area as it is located up on the hill. Villa staff do provide transport to guest if required. (of course do not forget to tip them)

Cleanliness:
This is the most important expect for most guest, for my villa, it was fine, except for a few crawling little insects you might find it at the living room or pool area which I understand this is really hard to prevent because the location itself is on the hill whereby insects is rather common. Villa staff do provide insect repellent to guest, make good use of it at night.

Food:
For its breakfast, it was pretty good when both me and my partner had fried noodles on the next day morning. The staff will be carrying the food all the way to your villa door step. However, they do need to improve in their menu as for now, they only provide for 4 dishes which includes, fried noodles, fried rice, porridge and continental breakfast for breakfast and lunch.

Facilities:
For facilities, unfortunately is not that great, the villa consider 6 months old but really lack of facilities. The living room area is super hot without any fan or aircorn, which we think it will be better to have at least a fan to cool the area. TV channel is not good either as there is not much channel we could view due to the the channels they have actually subscribe. Pool pump is set by timer and we always have to call the technician in to help activate it once it is stop. They should actually set the timer base on time frame so if the guest wish to extend they could call up the reception desk, this will save everyone trouble.

Overall experience is quite good as my villa view was great and not forgetting the stars you will be able to see at the pool area. If the Villa is able to improve themselves further to cater to most of my expectation, I will go back again for sure :)

Stay period: 10th March to 13th March
Nationality: Singaporean
Villa: 2B

2 Thank Telvin S
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed March 6, 2013

The worst of this place is it's far away from everywhere. Taxi drivers do NOT know this place. Staffs here are "blur", lobby is VERY DIRTY and UNWELCOMING. Almost every time, there will be a knock on our door if not a phone call from them. Pool area is dirty and small, don't even think of swimming in there. But well, I got a cheap deal, nothing cheap comes good I suppose.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Jimbaran hotels

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed March 3, 2013

Had just returned from my short getaway from Paradise Loft (Heaven Hills). The trip was awesome, staffs was always smilling, seamless arrival & departure experience. Deal was bought from Groupon inclusive of arrival transfer.

Upon arriving, I was already greeted by their warm smile at the airport. The villa had a nice view together with a private pool. Althou the pool might not be big but its just good enough for relaxing and chilling out.

Thou the villa is away from the city, the staff do communicates with their guests and make sure that you are well taken care of.

Warm hospitality indeed ~

Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Reviewed February 25, 2013

I have just walked out from the groupon deal that I had bought at paradise loft.

Why?-

The villas are not even located in jimbaran, our guide had issues finding the location of the villas and told us it was barely on the outskirts of jimbaran.

The photos that were advertised on the groupon website differed to the actual residence, the villa was twice as far away from everything as we thought and the room itself had mosquitoes flying around in it (breed from the pool water??). The pool was barely big enough to turn around in - let alone swim in. The only air conditioning that was available was in the bedroom and the unit seemed to struggle keeping that cool.

On the plus side - the staff were friendly, and the poor guy that checked us in and also had to deal with us leaving was very nice and understanding ( we thought he had heard the - we are leaving talk before).

If you have purchased a groupon voucher for here make sure you -

1. Plan to have your own transport

2. Understand that this place is in the middle of nowhere - and a long taxi ride to see any form of shopping (even a convenience store)

3. Are happy to acquire and prepare your own food for lunch and dinner if you are in the villas for those meals.

4.Prepare for lots of traffic on the way to the villas and also on the way back into any of the more developed areas, regardless of the time that you travel.

I took 8 photos in all for everyone else to see what the villas are like, but unfortunately only two of them actually turned out due to it being late at night.

My advice? Avoid this place.

Room Tip: Looking at groupon? Avoid it.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 23, 2013

I was utterly utterly disappointed with this place. Not at all like the description on Groupon when I purchased the deal. When I arrived, I was given keys to an already occupied room. The bathroom was so poorly designed, when you shower it floods the bathroom and if anyone uses the toilet or sink, they are ankle deep in the water. It takes hours to drain. There are insects all over, ants, Mosquitos and spiders. The breakfast is small and stale. There is no "butler". The pool is dirty. The location is the worst! It is in the middle of nowhere, past residential property. The nearest restaurant would be a small pizza parlour (which runs out of electricity at times) almost 2 km's weaving down a dirt beaten track. Don't bother looking for a cab because there is none within a 4 km radius. This place has also changed its name to Paradise Loft probably because of all the bad reviews.

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank Blinkybilly
Reviewed February 18, 2013

I agree with everything already stated, save your money and go somewhere else.
Beware the villas has changed its name from heaven hill to paradise lofts. We only found out upon arrival.

I got it from the groupon deal unfortunately it was more like a scam. I'm glad I purchased only 3D2N however we moved out after first night. Can't imagine to stay there any longer.

The room looked quite new but that's about it. there were only 1 air-conditioning in the bedroom, which I suspect does not have enough power to cool down both bed-room and living room, especially in the afternoon, it was quite torturing. As stated in the previous review, 16 degrees feel like 25 degrees. horrible. It was slightly better at night when you close the door and when the outside temperature gets cooler. but overall, you won't want to stay in the villa during the day.

The villa provides shuttle to Jimbaran. (note: one of the destinated Jimbaran seafood restaurant). and the villa is in the middle of no where, it's quite hard to get transport to else where unless you call a taxi in advanced.

The phone in our room has no dial tone. so the only way is to walk down to the management office to get help which is not ideal.

Coffee tea sachet is provided in the pantry however there is NO water kettle! No hair-dryer either.

Free breakfast - tasted like those instant orange juice, coffee was barely warm, can't even melt the milk powder. luckily the nasi goreng and mee goreng was ok.

TV - black and white TV even after the staff came and fix it. if you are still living in 50's, you might not mind.

Private pool - tiny.

Seems like a lot to be complaint about, unfortunately they are all true.

We left after first night even though we paid for two. Well worth it to try and save our Bali holiday after being totally disappointed on arrival.

The positive side of it? The villas is still relatively new, with some good mountain view. however, if you like black and white tv, sleep on the slightly stained sheets, not having any meals in the villas, doesn't mind share the villas with some insects and you prefer HOT, WARM climate in your room, small pool just to wet yourself, then this is the villa for you.

I'm sorry to post such a negative review but it is totally not worth it.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else. Don't pay full price or even groupon deal
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jimbaran
Noah Villa and Chapel
Pande Villas Spa and Restaurant
Karana Villa
Karana Villa
#102 of 242 in Denpasar

Been to Paradise Loft Villas Jimbaran? Share your experiences!