“Contemporary Chic”

Ranked #17 of 57 Hotels in Jimbaran
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Contemporary Chic”
Reviewed June 21, 2014

Found this hotel by accident /online advert.

Very cool hotel indeed and smart design. Service is excellent and the room is nice combining Balinese influence and modern. Tugged in a small area near Jimbaran, this hotel is very convenient. Seafood restaurants just across the road Suitable for families with kids. Don't forget to visit Smoqee bar and the beach for sunset spotting and seafood. Love it.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
LM_Bali, General Manager at Le Meridien Bali Jimbaran, responded to this review, June 23, 2014
Dear izwan74

Greetings from Le Meridien Bali Jimbaran

Thank you for your review and great feedback.

You said it all, from location close to the famous Jimbaran seafood cafe, steps away from the beach, modern concept in traditional Bali, amazing views over the Indian ocean from Smoqee Sky Bar, kids and family friendly and the most important is the service delivery.
It is all about the people and this is certainly the highest reward the Hotel can get when its talents are recognized.

Thank you once again izwan74 for sharing and I trust you will keep on considering us for your next break on the island of the gods.

Greg Gubiani

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (267)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed June 14, 2014 via mobile

The staff are very nice and friendly. They provided excellent service to us.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
LM_Bali, General Manager at Le Meridien Bali Jimbaran, responded to this review, June 16, 2014
Dear T9317DZ

Greetings from Le Meridien Bali Jimbaran

Well, what else to say, besides a sincere thank you for sharing your feedback with the world.

This is how it should feel and I look forward to have the pleasure to welcome you back.

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed June 13, 2014

Highly recommended for those who want a quieter area to enjoy Bali.

The Good:
- The service at the restaurant and check-in were great. Staff were extremely friendly and attentive throughout our whole stay.
- The Jimbaran seafood area was just behind the hotel which meant you can enjoy the sunset and dinner quite easily.
- The rooms were designed around the swimming pool and it was great to have pool access right by your doorstep.
- The room (Deluxe Pool Access) was large and same goes for the bathroom. I love how the tub is situated in the middle of the bathroom - très chic!
- We were offered a room change after a dead-centipede-in-room saga. Read more below.
- The Jimbaran area has lots of new eateries to try and this hotel is close to them.

The Bad:
- Unfortunately, the food at the restaurant left much to be desired. We ordered a pizza and chinese vegetables was used as topping, instead of rocket leaves. The excessively olive oil also made the pizza soggy. Recommend to order something else instead.
- The location is not close to Kuta or Seminyak which meant you'll have to take a taxi everywhere and back.
- We found a dead centipede in our room one morning. It was next to the sofa. I got a huge shock and called housekeeping immediately. The guy they sent got more scared than us (the guests) and he had to call someone else in for help.
- We wanted to order ice cream while laying by the pool at 8am and was told the service starts only at 10am. This inflexibility was weird.

Overall, still a thumbsup for Le Meridian.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank aashlee
LM_Bali, General Manager at Le Meridien Bali Jimbaran, responded to this review, June 15, 2014
Dear wwynn

Greetings from Le Meridien Bali Jimbaran

First of all thank you for taking the time to share your stay with us and for the detailed feedback. This is much appreciated.

I do regret to read about the inconveniences you had to go through and please may I kindly ask you to contact me at gregory.gubiani@lemeridien.com as I would like to follow up with my teams and bring an element of solution.

I am glad though that overall you and your friends enjoyed your stay with us and I do remain available, may I be of any assistance for your future visits.

Nihon
Reviewed June 13, 2014

The property is very well-designed and you should take in the view from the chapel or the avant-garde suites. Especially lovely in the morning and evening.

The pool access rooms were well-worth the money. The little lagoon in front of the room leads round the resort to the main pool. very interesting touch.

They should have floats for adults as well so that we could float around and relax. Floats are only provided for children currently.

The staff are friendly and prompt in their service. I would love to come back and stay!

Breakfast was average and greater efforts could have been made to vary the offering.

The main gripe was that the sound insulation could have been better for the rooms. I could practically hear the booming sounds from the bass woofers by the poolside every morning. That got a little annoying.

Room Tip: Choose a room with pool access or private pool.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Slytherin
LM_Bali, General Manager at Le Meridien Bali Jimbaran, responded to this review, June 13, 2014
Dear Slytherin

Greetings from Le Meridien Bali Jimbaran

Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to share your journey with us.

Our Celebration Pavilion, offering an elevated experience, is indeed a great location to admire the sunrise or the sunset with uninterrupted views over the Jimbaran Bay.

Please may I kindly ask you to comment more on our breakfast as I would like to follow up with my teams and ensure we act accordingly. I can be contacted at: gregory.gubiani@lemeridien.com.

Slytherin, thank you for your review and I am glad that you enjoyed your journey with us and I look forward to have the opportunity to welcome you back.

Australia
Reviewed June 12, 2014

We arrived in Jimbaran for a holiday to celebrate a big year for us our 20th wedding anniversary, my son's 18th and Daughter's 16th birthday and from the moment we stepped into the Le Meridien we were made to feel special. We had been corresponding with Franklyn via email and he had done everything possible to look after us.We were upgraded to a beautiful suite and anniversary cake was delivered to our room . Best cake Ever!! The two teenagers loved the pool and the gym is 'state of the art' The hotel is very close to the beach and the Jimbaran Seafood restaurants are just next door. The rooftop bar has amazing views.....All in all a wonderful stay at Jimbaran Bay. Thank you so much Franklyn, see you next time!!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
5 Thank h0lswithkids
LM_Bali, General Manager at Le Meridien Bali Jimbaran, responded to this review, June 12, 2014
Dear h0lswithkids

Greetings from Le Meridien Bali Jimbaran

Thank you for sharing such a lovely review and I am certainly very pleased to read that you and your family had a great time with us.
This is how it should feel and on especially on this unique occasion.

Thank you for recognizing our team members and this is the highest reward the Hotel can get.

I will pass on your feedback.

I look forward to have the pleasure to welcome you and your family back to the island of the gods.

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed June 12, 2014 via mobile

This is a nice place for family, especially if your room have the pool access. Which mine was one of it. Big room, nice and clean.

But due to business trip, most of the time was in the conference room. The surrounding was good and easy access to the famous seafood area and beach. Able to have a good view of sunset while you having your dinner near the beach.

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank JoyceAw40
Dear JoyceAw40

Greetings from Le Meridien Bali Jimbaran

Thank you for sharing your recent stay with us.

We do offer indeed a retreat whether for couples, families and at the same time facilities to hold conferences and business meetings.

I trust you had an enjoyable stay and that you had a chance to fully enjoy your lagoon access room.

I hope you will keep on considering us for your next journey in Bali and that you will have time to full appreciate the beauty of the island of the gods.

Hong Kong, China
Reviewed June 12, 2014 via mobile

Stayed for a night at Le Meridien. The hotel looks modern and new. Happy to get upgraded to lagoon access room! Room is very spacious and clean. Like the lagoon pool design, you can swim easily from your room to the pool bar.
Breakfast was a bit disappointing though the spread was ok. Maybe due to the low capacity of the hotel, some food items didn't seem fresh, were over-heated and a bit dry. My favorite was the chicken soup noodles. The illy coffee was great, you can even sign up for a coffee master class.
The roof top bar is nice for happy hour drinks with a view (buy 1 get 1 from 7-9pm), enjoyed the sunset with my lychee iced tea! You can see the smoke from the array of seafood restaurants in front of the hotel but it's not a serious issue and I couldn't smell anything.
There is also shuttle drop off at Beachwalk shopping centre.
Had a massage treatment at the spa, there is 25% discount during certain times of the day. The massage was just ok compared to the ones I had elsewhere in Bali.
Nevertheless I had an enjoyable stay!

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Ruby11f
Dear Ruby11f

Greetings from Le Meridien Bali Jimbaran

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent journey with us and for your feedback.

Please may I kindly ask you if you could share more details on your experiences with us as I would like to follow up on your comments.
I can be contacted at: gregory.gubiani@lemeridien.com

I am glad to read though that you had a pleasant journey with us and I do remain available, may I be of any assistance.

Greg Gubiani
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jimbaran
RIMBA Jimbaran BALI by AYANA
INTERCONTINENTAL Bali Resort
AYANA Resort and Spa
AYANA Resort and Spa
#13 of 57 in Jimbaran

Been to Le Meridien Bali Jimbaran? Share your experiences!