“Really lovely, good value, would only be made better by happy hour”

Le Meridien Bali Jimbaran
Ranked #15 of 55 Hotels in Jimbaran
Sydney, Australia
“Really lovely, good value, would only be made better by happy hour”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2014

We had a lovely stay here for a few days but spent a fortune on cocktails in the pool bar, they aren't as cheap as the other hotels so just watch that. The pool is really lovely and it is located opposite the great beach restaurants at Jimbaran Bay, so we walked across there with our 11 month old which was easy. The rooms were really big (we stayed in a room with pool access). The staff were really friendly, it is a brand new hotel so everything was nice.

Room Tip: Choose a room with pool access if you are like me and enjoy swimming from the pool bar to your room...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
LM_Bali, General Manager at Le Meridien Bali Jimbaran, responded to this review, May 4, 2014
Dear Littlebug22

Greetings from Le Meridien Bali Jimbaran

Thank you for your review and feedback. I am pleased to read that you had a memorable family break and enjoyed not only the Hotel facilities, but as well the service delivery.

PS: we have implemented since May 1st, a happy hour around the pool from 16.00 to 18.00 daily.

I agree with you that the lagoon access rooms are a delight and with the direct access to our saltwater water you are indeed just a few swims away from the pool bar.

Thank you Littlebug22 for sharing your experience with the world.

I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you and your family back to Jimbaran.

Greg Gubiani

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (254)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
oslo
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2014

My fiancé and I spent 3 days here just before easter and had a wonderful time. We arrived late after a very long day and were immediately relaxed by the wonderful atmosphere and friendliness of the staff.

Our room was spacious and light with a separate sitting area, a large bathroom and walk in robe. As we were only there 3 days we didn't get much use for the latter...

The service was wonderful and the staff were always friendly and helpful. From making sure we were never without a drink at the pool bar (highly recommend the mojito's!), to organising transport for us for free when we went out for dinner. My fiancé needed to go to the dentist and they got us an appointment with a trusted dentist a few hours later. No matter what we wanted to do they were eager to help us out, always with a smile.

We didn't have breakfast included, but chose to pay for it on our first morning. I would highly recommend getting this included, great variety and very good.

We had a late flight out on our check out day and reception organised a late check out for us. We stayed at the hotel for the duration of the day soaking up the luxury.

Room Tip: The standard rooms don't have a balcony so if this is important, choose a different room.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
LM_Bali, General Manager at Le Meridien Bali Jimbaran, responded to this review, April 29, 2014
Dear travellingblond

Greetings from Le Meridien Bali Jimbaran

You said it all! I am very pleased to read that your 3 days with us were memorable, from the spacious room, the food quality to the service delivered.
I hope your fiancé feels better and that you were able to fully enjoy the beauty of Bali.

Thank you once again for sharing your journey with us and please do not hesitate to contact me, shall your travels bring you back to the islands of the Gods.

Barcelona, Spain
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2014 via mobile

To go to the reception we have to go by buggy car. Feeling small lobby. I felt like staying in 3star hotel. I guess the ambience it is not the 5star hotel. The reception lady was polite. We got the room so far away from the lift. So we ask for another room. The room was spacious. In the afternoon smokes everywhere because of the jimbaran seafood were behind the hotel. Too bad. Location was very convinient to go to seafood rest, japanese rest, or a mini mall infront of the hotel. But there is one thing that really great about this hotel that makes me stop complaining, after staying 1 nite only, i move to sheraton hotel in kuta and found out that i left one of my facial cleansing. So i called le meridien hotel and ask if they can find my cleansing gel. In less then 5 min, they call back let me know that the found it. And i ask is it possible if they could send to my hotel in kuta, and he called back to let me know that they will send it to my hotel asap. All i have to wait is just less than an hour or so, and i got my cleansing gell back. Thank you mr reception/operator. I forgot your name, firmansyah or alamsyah. But surely your service is really a 5star service!!!!

Stayed April 2014
LM_Bali, General Manager at Le Meridien Bali Jimbaran, responded to this review, April 23, 2014
Dear tgrace2000

Greetings from Le Meridien Bali Jimbaran

Thank you for sharing your recent experience with us and for your feedback.

I am interested in learning more about your comments and how we could improve the ambiance.

I am however glad to read that room comfort and the service we delivered met your expectation and that we were quickly able to change your room and recover your cleansing gel.
Thank you for recognizing our associates and I will share this with my teams.

I hope you will still keep good memories of your journey in Jimbaran and I do remain available, may I be of any assistance.

brisbane
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2014

Very disappointing. Arrived to check in at 3.00pm and told that room would not be ready until after 5.00pm and then we had to chase it. Staff conspicuous by their absence, very hard to find pool service. Restaurant small and poor selection for a five star hotel. We have been travelling around Bali and the standards are high, food and service generally excellent BUT not here.
Hotel is not on the beach and the lagoon is only 1.2M deep so no real swimming pool. Website is very well photographed and shows nice features for weddings but public rooms, reception and bar lacklustre. Needs to do better.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank neil m
LM_Bali, General Manager at Le Meridien Bali Jimbaran, responded to this review, April 22, 2014
Dear neil m

Greetings from Le Meridien Bali Jimbaran

Thank you for sharing your experience and for your feedback.

I certainly regret to read how your journey started and be assured this is certainly not the way I want anyone to feel.

Please may I kindly ask you to contact me at gregory.gubiani@lemeridien.com as I would like to personally to follow up on this.

Once again neil m, thank you for sharing and I look forward to connect with you.

Adelaide, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2014

Having spent 8 relaxing days at Le Meridien Bali, this was a most pleasant surprise. It is within an easy 2 minute walk from the Wala Cafe in the complex to the beach and is directly opposite the beachside seafood restaurants. For those who wish, there is a complimentary buggy ride to Jimbaran Beach Club where there is arranged access to those facilities which is a bonus. It is very close to a shopping arcade at Jimbaran Corner and the other resorts with outdoor bars in the area are either a short cab ride or pleasant walk along the beach.

There are many things that impressed about this hotel..... Firstly the lagoon access room was spacious, spotless and luxurious. The ability to have a dip in the pool whenever you wished at any time of the day from the comfort of the room terrace, whilst maintaining privacy was very special indeed. Then there was the lagoon pool itself, which winds around the interior of the hotel complex. It has a constant depth of 1.2 metres which is a hit with those children who could swim and there was a dedicated toddlers pool near the Kid's Club with a number of sun lounges for parent supervison. What was a benefit for those wanting to keep fit whilst in the pool was that it doubled as a good aqua aerobics workout enabling wading around the many corners and under the footbridges curbing the guilt before making a beeline for the swim up bar for some respite. There was also a well equipped gym for those wanting more conventional exercise.

There is one restaurant, the Chic Bamboo, which had an excellent buffet breakfast with a wide selection to satisfy the most discerning tastes across all cultural cuisines, with the added bonus of a station where the chefs freshly prepare any egg breakfast dish requested. For dinner they have just released a new a la carte menu and the Executive Chef and his team went the extra mile to provide further tasty alternatives for the vegetarian palate combining Asian fusion with Corsican flair. The Wala cafe had an inviting range of gelato, Illy coffee prepared by a great Barista and a range of gateaux. They have a really good special on a combination of all three of those after 6.30pm.

Both the Smoqee Rooftop and the Latitude 8 bars provided a great outlook to the stunning sunsets during Happy Hour and for final relaxation to a busy day, the spa treatments were of the quality and professionalism you would expect in a 5 star resort.

Being an SPG member had some special perks during the visit but also noteworthy is that the check in and baggage process from the front desk and concierge teams was smooth and efficient.

Finally, leaving the best until last. What made this a memorable stay and wanting to return was the staff. From Greg, the General Manager, who met guests on arrival , had a real presence around the hotel, was very pleasant, approachable and helpful throughout the stay, Hugo and his team of chefs who were most flexible and creative and special mention to those on the front line. Kresni who was very attentive to every request with a constant beaming smile, Ednah who dutifully took daily orders at 7am for takeaway ' strong skinny flat white' coffee without battering an eyelid, Pandi (Mr Illy) the Barista meister in Wala Cafe and everywhere in between, and Dhevan the funkiest pool bar person I have met in a very long time.

All in all a great experience in this hidden gem in Jimbaran Bay and very much look forward to returning again soon.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
LM_Bali, General Manager at Le Meridien Bali Jimbaran, responded to this review, April 15, 2014
Dear HappyHolidayer113

Greetings from Le Meridien Bali Jimbaran.

Well, not sure what else to say, besides a sincere thank you for such a wonderful review.

It is a real reward to read how our team have passionately looked after you and made your experience memorable.

I trust you had a safe journey back home and please do not hesitate to contact me, may I be of any assistance for your next journey to Bali.

Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2014

Even after my romantic getaway in Bali, till now I am still in awed of the splendid experience that I had! This trip was made even more memorable with all the fine details that the team at Le Meridien Bali Jimbaran had in place for my 1st trip to Bali.

1st of all, this lovely resort has everything that a 5 star hotel encompasses from full amenities in the bathroom, fully-stocked in room bar, huge selection of TV channels to choose from.
Most importantly, the whole room is super clean & comfortable.
I had one of the best sleep ever in the soft king-size bed.

Why I said that Le Meridien Bali Jimbaran looks after my every intricate detail is that I get surprises every single day that I stayed here.
From having rose petals prepared in the ensuite bathtub waiting for me to have a relaxing bath the moment I entered my room on Day 1 to a surprise birthday cupcake delivered to my room on the morning of my birthday. And a sweet gesture of a birthday gifts of the resort's signature eclairs that were so tantalizingly delicious & the bottle of the heavenly moisturizing White Chocolate Milk Shake Bath Foam. Simply divine!

The service crew were always ready to serve with a smile and making my stay a pleasurable one at all times.
Another feature that I love is that Le Meridien Bali Jimbaran has a swim-up bar which I can have a cocktail served immediately! Total indulgence!
If you will like to have a bit of sight-seeing and souvenir purchasing, there is also a daily hourly free shuttle service to transport the guests to the Kuta Beach.
There are also buggy services to transport me to the nearby Jimbaran beach which is less crowded. So convenient!
There is a day tours desk available that provides different choices of tour around Bali so do check them out when you reach!
The ride from the airport to the resort is only about 20mins hence its really fast & convenient to reach the resort.
For a romantic & memorable stay, Le Meridien Bali Jimbaran had definitely gone beyond my expectations.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
LM_Bali, General Manager at Le Meridien Bali Jimbaran, responded to this review, April 14, 2014
Dear CraneHan

Greetings from Le Meridien Bali Jimbaran.

Thank you for your lovely review. Such a delight to read.

I trust we will have the pleasure to welcome you back many more times CraneHan.

Denpasar, Indonesia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2014

Indeed great experience to stay in the resort and we are all enjoy it very much and kids were very enjoyable too. Service was very attentive and At Your Service team was very helpful, friendly too. Nice breakfast and kids eat there a lot.

Nice swimming pools and kids love it, plus activities were also available for the to enjoy.

Nothing to complain as service are truly excellence and indeed having great stay over there.

Kadek and Dian

Room Tip: Book the suite it is huge bathtub and connecting too so that - great for family holiday
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Kadek2011
LM_Bali, General Manager at Le Meridien Bali Jimbaran, responded to this review, April 10, 2014
Dear Kadek2011

Greetings from Le Meridien Bali Jimbaran

Thank you for your sweet review and real pleasure to read how you and your family enjoyed our property.

It is indeed important to share memorable moments with the loved ones and I am glad you all were able to do so in our property.

Trust you will consider us again for your next break.

Greg Gubiani
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jimbaran
RIMBA Jimbaran BALI by AYANA
Melia Bali Indonesia
#15 of 53 in Nusa Dua
4.5 of 5 bubbles 4,918 reviews
The Westin Resort Nusa Dua

Been to Le Meridien Bali Jimbaran? Share your experiences!