“Fantastic hospitality” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #15 of 55 Hotels in Jimbaran
Hawke's Bay Region, New Zealand
“Fantastic hospitality”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2014

The friendliness of the hotel staff acnd their willingness to help is outstanding. It stood out most during my stay there on business. Check in took about 15 mins. and it was done sitting down--great for tired travellers. Quiet lobby looking out to a nice pool and view of the rooms in the hotel wing opposite.

The room was big. The guy showing me to the room explained almost everything about the room. I wished he actually showed me how to use the fancy coffee machine in the room, cos I couldn't get it to work next morning. The bathroom was big, and I like big bath tubs. One previous reviewer's comment about washbasin is spot on. It splashed water right onto me when I first turned on the tap. Ample toiletries, but no shaving kit. One call to housekeeping and they gladly sent two kits. The bed was comfy but they only had big soft pillows. I prefer firm ones. When I got into bed, I turned to the bedside to look for temperature and light controls but found that lacking. Had to get out of bed, walk a few steps to change aircon temp. setting.

Before I went to bed, I realized on a small round table was a little paper bag with a small note under it. They had chocolate eclaires to welcome a guest. Gosh, they had been sitting there for hours now and I was in no mood to risk eating them. I wished they had stored them in the fridge at the reception and gave them to me after my check in.

As I said, everyone in the hotel was friendly and helpful. One even asked me if I would be returning in future to stay and if I had feedback for him. Now that speaks highly of the motivation level of the employees there. Everyone felt like he or she was an ambassador for the hotel. Well done on this count.

The best moment I spent there was in the spa. Paid about US$60 for a wonderful massage. Very pleasant ladies patiently asking for choice of oil, if I had any pain or joint problems they should be aware of, my drink preference.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
LM_Bali, General Manager at Le Meridien Bali Jimbaran, responded to this review, March 5, 2014
Dear A_Tan

Greetings from Le Meridien Bali Jimbaran

First of all I would like to thank you for taking your time to share your recent journey with us.

I do appreciate all the details, your recommendations and your kind words on our team members.

I am glad that you enjoyed our Spa treatment and I do agree that the therapists are very skilled.

A_Tan, your feedback is valuable and please may I ask you to private message me as I would like to follow up on some of your comments?

Thank you once again and I trust you will keep on considering us for your next journey to Bali.

Greg Gubiani

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (251)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2014 via mobile

We stayed 1 night here b4 departing back to kl. I would say the architecture of the hotel is excellent. We took a cab v to the hotel n was greeted by their staff and we were escorted on a buggy ride to the lobby for check in.

While checking in we were informed tht we have been upgraded to the lagoon view room. The staff is super helpful. The hotel is actually nearby to jimbaran town and we would like to rent a motorbike...The staff gladly assisted us in getting 1. Had fun riding around jimbaran town to have some local feel.

There are free shuttles to kuta beachwalk every 30 minutes. Me n my boyfriend planned to take the 7.30 trip but after waiting for 10-15 mins we were informed that the shuttle is full. To our surprise, the hotel arranged for us their own car to send us to kuta for free. We are quite impress with the quick n accommodating arrangement as the hotel can jus get us a taxi instead since the shuttle is full. Well done on this.

We would definitely stay in this hotel again as it is close to the town but at d same time is secluded n quiet. Perfect for couple retreat.

Thanks everyone in meridien for making our stay a memorable one.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
LM_Bali, General Manager at Le Meridien Bali Jimbaran, responded to this review, March 4, 2014
Dear Lim I

Greetings from Le Meridien Bali Jimbaran

Thank you for your sweet review and I am delighted to read how our teams left such a positive image even if it was just for a one night stay.

Indeed Jimbaran is the perfect couple's retreat, a great way to rest and recharge.

Looking forward to welcome you back to Le Meridien Bali Jimbaran.

Sydney
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2014

We stayed one night at Le Meridien on the way to Lombok.

Our room was very well appointed and we loved the decor. The lagoon style pool was ideal for a morning of relaxing with the kids for our first day of vacation. Enjoyed a beautiful breakfast, very friendly staff who explained all the exotic fruit and we wished we could have stayed one more night. Just has a relaxing, exotic feel to it.

It's a block back from the beach, but we wandered by the Intercontinental which is right on the beach and I saw hardly anyone swimming in the ocean anyway.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Dear Sydney2travel

Greetings from Le Meridien Bali Jimbaran

Thank you for your review and this is how it should feel.

I look forward to have the opportunity to welcome you back!

Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2014

What a delight to be staying and being served at Le Meridien Bali!

Allow me to congratulate your Le Meridien Jimbaran teams for doing such outstanding service.
First, the hotel itself is very nice, with wonderful pool facilities and well-designed spacious rooms. The pool access from my room was an added bonus. The crew at different stations were also very helpful and responsive, willing to serve and meet our requests.

Second, the meeting room facilities were also great. When we arrived, everything was arranged according to specs. The 'wow' element was having your barrister stationed at the meeting place during our entire period, serving us individually with freshly brewed coffee/tea and special juices. They provided us freshly squeezed strawberry smoothies/refreshing beet-root juices. Our participants were pleasantly surprised.

Third, the presentation at each tea break was a sight to behold and we had sufficient goodies to savor. There was a variety of Western and local food. Most of all, all the staff, especially the two barristers, were very attentive and personal. They remembered the previous requests of the participants and made sure they had their fill.

Fourth, the sales staff and Renny, the W hotel director of revenue (our first contact) were all very helpful and professional in their dealing with us. They served us promptly each time we wrote to them.

Fifth, the housekeeping staff were happy campers, never failed to greet us. Even the engineering staff went out of their way to help me when I had problem with my Apple computer wire that had been broken. Although he couldn't help me, the duty manager called me to ask what else they could do. More surprisingly, next day, I received a note from the manager that his staff was willing to help purchase the wire or get someone to lend me their personal wire so that my work need not be disrupted. This is truly awesome!

Most of all, I appreciate the GM of Le Meridien, Gabriel's leadership as I saw him welcoming us personally and helping us on the first day of our conference. He was even willing to drive the buggy when we were kept waiting for taxis to go for dinner. He was a real role model of great leadership and I am sure, his staff feel the same way too.

Many of our participants told me, "This is the best retreat place we ever have because of the great venue and great service!"

One minor hiccup was the food for lunch: It was not of high quality and some of the dishes were served lukewarm, although there was more than enough. We would rather have smaller portions but better quality food, served pipping hot. In the evening, the smog from the nearby seafood restaurants was quite intolerable.

We are glad to be at Le Meridien. I am sure our next retreat in Bali will be at Le Meridien, Jimbaran!
Evernote helps you remember everything and get organized effortlessly. Download Evernote.

John Ng

Room Tip: Pool facing and pool access
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
LM_Bali, General Manager at Le Meridien Bali Jimbaran, responded to this review, March 2, 2014
Dear JohnNg54

Greetings from Le Meridien Bali Jimbaran

First of all thank you for your loyalty and for taking the time to share your journey and meeting reviews with us.

I am pleased to read that overall you and your group had a productive and enjoyable stay.

I have shared your comments with my teams and actions will be taken in regards to your feedback.

For the smoke, with the season changing and the wind turning, blowing towards the ocean, it will remove any effect for the Hotel and clear the view to the Jimbaran bay, allowing every guest to truly enjoy the outdoor venues.

Once again JohnNg54, thank you for sharing and we all look forward to welcoming you back at Le Meridien Bali Jimbaran.

Till then, do not hesitate to contact me, may I be of any assistance and safe travels.

Perth, Western Australia, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2014

We stayed at Le Meridien Bali for ten days at the end of January and found our expectations exceeded on nearly every count.
Being regular travellers with two seven year old boys we do a lot of homework on where we are going to stay before booking a hotel. By utilising Google Earth, as well as sites such as Trip Adviser, we find we can ensure that there are not to many unexpected obstacles to having a good stay.

We chose Le Meridian for the size of their two bedroom family suite. At 180+ square metres it is almost double the size of similar rooms in Nusa Dua, i.e. Conrad, Westin etc.

A bonus for us was receiving a pool access suite. The layout of the suite was such that the second bedroom had floor to ceiling windows facing the gardens which could not be opened, with the lounge and main bedroom having pool access. Having boys that swim like fish it has always been frustrating to be told that pool access rooms are off limits to any family with children under twelve years of age. Especially when most of the resort pools are only 1.2 metres deep!
This set up works perfectly.

The hotel itself is of a design that could quite easily fit into Dubai or Abu Dhabi and does not have a great deal of Balinese feel about it. Which seems to be the way that the Starwood group are going here with their "W" brand and The Sheraton Kuta. The pool, which the hotel wraps itself around, is designed with small alcoves in various parts of it to swim in, although you do often get the feeling that you are intruding into someone's hotel room.

The buffet breakfast at Bamboo Chic was more than satisfactory with the range and quality of food available and it was certainly no problem for the chefs to whip up an Eggs Benedict if requested. The daily concoction of different juices and spices, combined together, also tantalised the taste buds.

The dinner menu had a good selection of tapas style foods as well as main dishes and sashimi.
And the deserts....we all put on weight!

The restaurant was in a stand alone building which had a lounge bar on the second floor and a rooftop bar on top of that with stunning views of Jimbaran Bay. The smoke, as mentioned in previous reviews, was shielded to a certain extent by the clear Perspex screen that fronted the hotel but the odour did permeate through into bathers and any clothes left on our patio.

Depending on the time of year the smoke would not be a problem. It is only when the prevailing winds are from the west. Mid year would not be a problem.

The hotel spa has treatment rooms and staff equivalent of other five star hotels in Bali. At about half the price.

The hotel also has a kid's club which, our boys enjoyed, once we convinced them to attend. Mumee and Jipta won over their hearts with their enthusiasm and genuine desire to see them happy.

We also could not speak highly enough of the front of house people and Swastika from room service. One of our boys became violently ill after ingesting half of the pool water at Waterbom Park and the speed at which they arranged for medical help for us, and the offers to buy from supermarkets for us anything that was required to aid his recovery, was truly touching. The customer service from the staff at Le Meridian Bali has been a major factor in us booking our next holiday in April at Le Meridian Kuala Lumpur.

A couple of minor faults.. the sink in the main bathroom of our suite, while being aesthetically pleasing was an ergonomic disaster. Turning on the tap with any more than 10 percent pressure led to water splashing over the front of your clothes. While my wife wised up to it by the second day it was something that I was still doing on our tenth day there. The beds were too hard for all of us. Also being in the suite that was closest to the restaurant we would take the path that led around the outside of the building rather than walk all the way back to the centre of the hotel and then along the pool front. A distance of maybe thirty metres against one hundred and fifty. This path has a couple of minor dips in it of about five centimetres and is not lit at night. I found myself taking a torch to dinner so we could safely navigate our way back.

With only one restaurant and one, albeit large, pool, ten days is a long time to stay at Le Meridian. That is where Google Earth came in handy. On investigation of the locale we discovered The Intercontinental is on the other side of the back wall. We also booked a basic room with breakfast there for two nights early in our stay and having made ourselves busy and known around the hotel we then enjoyed their six pools, bike hire and multitude of restaurants in conjunction with Le Meridian for the rest of our stay. Intercontinental do not have suites connected to other rooms or suites so we got to enjoy the best of both worlds. Modern styling and a spacious suite on one side with an elegant Balinese mega-structure with verdant gardens and stunning water features on the other. The short walk along the beach between hotels added to the experience.

It is also only a short walk to Jambaran Corner with excellent restaurants and shopping.

Le Meridian Jimbaran is definitely somewhere that we will experience again.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Dear Mark L

Greetings from Le Meridien Bali Jimbaran

Thank you for your lovely review and for sharing your family time with us.

I am very pleased to read that you enjoyed your journey of discovery with us and were able to explore each venues and corner of the Hotel and connect with our team members.

Thank you for inspiring words on our associates and especially our kids club super stars.

Jimbaran is certainly a more traditional area in Bali in which we unlock the modernity of our property, its very comfortable suits, shallow water (which is great for kids and adults of course) and cuisine.

Thank you for your feedback and I will certainly review the areas we can improve so your next experience with awaken even more senses.

San Francisco, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2014

The building itself is stunning and modern: semi-outdoor walkways connect large glass-and-concrete towers, which are squeezed around a snaky turquoise pool and lush tropical plants. Many high-end rooms have private roofdecks complete with private rooftop swimming pools(!), while other ground-floor rooms have swim-up patios. Very new. Given the location and the design, it can feel a bit walled-in and insular (which may be what you're looking for). Definitely not a Nusa Dua-style beach resort (though again that's not necessarily a bad thing). Also, do be aware of the smoke (see below).

A few things to be aware of:
- The resort is not on the beach, though the public beach (Jimbaran) is only a short walk away. I was told that the hotel has an agreement with a local beach club (including beach chairs if you spend a minimum of ~US$10), but I did not investigate.
- The hotel is across the street from the famous Jimbaran seafood barbecues -- about 20 shack-like beachfront restaurants serving live seafood, grilled over coconut-husk fires. This can be a great thing for foodies looking for an authentic, gritty Bali treat... but it also means that 20 large wood fires are flaring up right next door every afternoon. The result is that the resort's outdoor spaces fill with a thin campfire-like smoke every afternoon around 4, and you will smell it in your clothes and hair until they are well-washed. The hotel does their best to shield (e.g., large glass walls or water fences) and embrace the smoke (the rooftop bar is called "Smoquee"), but I would not recommend this hotel for someone who is, e.g., asthmatic.
- Friendly and very attentive staff, though the concierge is a bit limited (e.g., limited day-tour options and occasional reservation glitches)

Overall: Modern and stylish and very nice staff, but also a bit closed in and smokey. Probably will not stay again.

Room Tip: The two-story penthouses have private pools...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
LM_Bali, General Manager at Le Meridien Bali Jimbaran, responded to this review, February 28, 2014
Dear m g

Greetings from Le Meridien Bali Jimbaran

Thank you for your review and feedback.

We are indeed more of a boutique type of property where comfort and modernity are amongst a traditional Jimbaran.
Being next door to famous Jimbaran seafood cafe, gives the opportunity as you rightfully described to experience the traditional seafood cooking.
As the seasons are changing the smoke that occasionally comes from our seafood neighbours disappears as the wind blows towards the ocean, leaving the Hotel clear from it.

Thank you for your kind words on our teams and for your feedback on our concierge tours. Please may I ask you to private message me as I would like to follow up on your experience and understand how we can improve in this area.

Once again m g thank you for sharing and trust you had a safe journey back home.

Sydney
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2014

I absolutely read the reviews about the smoke and we were going to Jimbaran to enjoy the seafood BBQs on the beach amongst other things. I knew there was going to be smoke. Some days the smoke is low but when the smoke is intense it really is not pleasant.

The smoke comes in around 3.30 and stays until around 9pm or so. When swimming in the pool in the afternoon if the smoke is intense it is not enjoyable. The first few days it didn't really bother us but by the 4th day we are over the smoke.

There is nothing the resort can do about it, they suggest you close your room door. But as I said if you want to swim and be outdoors the smoke is everywhere.

Other than the smoke this place is excellent. The staff are fantastic. We had a two bedroom suite which was almost bigger than our home. The finish of the rooms is high quality. The food in the restaurant is wonderful for breakfast. If you have kids the room service menu is healthy for them but not healthy for your wallet. They do have a $10 or $15 all inclusive price for kids food. But this is only in the restaurant and an adult must be dinning. So if you want to go out for dinner this really doesn't work.

They should try to have a better value room service option for kids.

The pool is wonderful. The Kids Club and staff excellent.

The other bad point is they do not service the room till very very late each day. They also do not remove Room Service plates till late in the day. We stay for 5 nights on night 1 we have two Bintang from the mini bar, 5 days later the mini bar was never restocked.

Sure they clean and clean well but most 5 star will clean early in morning and also again at night.

This is a wonderful place to holiday except for the smoke. The smoke really is a problem here. We went knowing about the smoke so were well prepared for it. We enjoyed the seafood beach BBQ so really we cannot complain.

But be careful about the smoke.

Room Tip: WATCH the smoke. Arrange room clean schedule to suit your requirements. If you have kids who cannot...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
LM_Bali, General Manager at Le Meridien Bali Jimbaran, responded to this review, February 27, 2014
Dear DapsSyndey

Greetings from Le Meridien Bali Jimbaran

Thank you for sharing your journey with us and for your feedback.

With the change in season happening and getting towards the end of the raining season, this will mean as well a turn in the wind direction and no smoke coming to the property.

I appreciate your comments and I am glad that overall you were still able to enjoy your stay with us.

I thank you for your feedback in regards the servicing of the rooms and mini bar replenishing as be assured that I have shared it with my teams so we can work towards addressing it.
I do believe feedback is important and that it will help the Hotel to grow better and deliver its promises.

Thank you for your kind words on our team members and the rooms design. We are in the process of launching our new menu in Bamboo Chic during the month of March and this will mean as well a review of the room service one.

DapsSydney, once again thank you for sharing and I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back at Le Meridien Bali Jimbaran.

Greg Gubiani
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jimbaran
RIMBA Jimbaran BALI by AYANA
AYANA Resort and Spa
#13 of 55 in Jimbaran
4.5 of 5 bubbles 3,340 reviews
INTERCONTINENTAL Bali Resort

Been to Le Meridien Bali Jimbaran? Share your experiences!