“excellent”

Ranked #14 of 57 Hotels in Jimbaran
melbourne
“excellent”
Reviewed January 19, 2014

we only stayed here for one night but wished we had stayed for more - the hotel was very clean and staff where very friendly.
The rooms where beyond our expectations - the next time i would probably go for a lagoon view room - i would love to come back and spend more time at this hotel compared to the other hotels in the area this was smaller and more boutique

Room Tip: book a lagoon room
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank daelc80
LM_Bali, General Manager at Le Meridien Bali Jimbaran, responded to this review, January 20, 2014
Dear daelc80

Greetings from Le Meridien Bali Jimbaran

Thank you for such a sweet review and please come back any time!

We are indeed a more human size property and very modern in the heart of traditional Jimbaran.

I am glad to read that despite a short journey you keep such a pleasant memory.

Do not hesitate to contact me, may I be of any further assistance.

Looking forward to welcome you back in 2014.

Greg Gubiani

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (259)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed January 17, 2014

My stay is very short yet satisfied. The Hotel was new, room is very spacious with cozy interior , clean high ceiling, clean bed linen served with large extra pillows , bathroom is big luxury ( my opinion is too much attention in the bathroom with fancy bathtub in the middle but still love the design.) Hotel facilities, staff and services is great. What I like the most is the location, in one of famous area Jimbaran beach , hotel located near the beach just across the street , seafood dine nearby yet the hotel area is not too crowded very quite for travellers who like to stay away from business for relax.

Room Tip: If you like to swim a lot or traveller with children choose the room at level one, the room terrace...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank JOEDEE_TAN
LM_Bali, General Manager at Le Meridien Bali Jimbaran, responded to this review, January 19, 2014
Dear JOEDEE_TAN

Greetings from Le Meridien Bali Jimbaran.

Thank you for your sweet review and for remembering us. I am glad to read that you enjoyed our facilities and the service delivery you received, as in fact this is what makes the difference.

I do agree on the lagoon access rooms, they have enough space on the terrace and feel like having your own ocean at footsteps from the room, especially with our saltwater pool.

Location wise, we are indeed close to airport and right across the famous Jimbaran beach and seafood cafe.

Looking forward to welcome you back this year.

Dubai
Reviewed January 13, 2014

I stayed 3 days, the first 2 days was at Lagoon view, and the last night at the Lagoon access, it was superb. The room is spacious, nice design, comfortable matrass and pillow, bathroom was lovely design, I just love it.

The staff at the front desk, Mr.Frans (Duty Manager), and Mr.Jino, were really helpful and nice.

The breakfast was good. Especially with the nice ambience, facing to the lagoon pool, which was really beautiful.

The beach is just 3 minutes walk. There were Seafood restaurants along the beach.

For those who loves a peaceful holiday, either romantic or family holiday, this is the place to spend your quality time. Price wise, you get what you paid for.

I will certainly love to come back.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
LM_Bali, General Manager at Le Meridien Bali Jimbaran, responded to this review, January 14, 2014
Dear Farah F

Greetings from Le Meridien Bali Jimbaran

Thank you for remembering us and for taking the time to share your journey with the world.

I am certainly pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay and thank you for the feedback on our associates.
It is all about the people and this is the most important reward I believe.

I look forward to have the opportunity to welcome you back in 2014!

Australia
Reviewed January 6, 2014 via mobile

Photos speak better than words. We stayed in September of 2013 when the hotel was very new. Can deal with bad finishing but the dangerous glass installed on balcony that was not secured to the wall properly. Not bad for adults but when you have had 3 nights with a toddler playing on the balcony on the second top floor and you find the last glass moves in the wind, it was scary to think what could have happened. The manager was very, very helpful and understood our concerns and promised to fix the problem and also check other rooms for faults in the glass on balconys and also did not charge us for our first nights accommodation. The finishing in the room, small details, but not what you would expect of 5* le meridien! We have stayed at many, but it looked like the builders were in such a rush to finish the project? Visible rio, concrete not wiped off surfaces when finished, whole doors missing from fire hose recesses in hallways. Painting terrible. Bathtub in brand new hotel rusted and chipped, shower head hanging off bathroom roof! All things that housekeeping should pass on to maintenance for immediate attention. The stripes painted on the walls were not even taped properly and are crooked, and we had a suite!
The layout of the room was wonderful for having a toddler traveling with us as the extra space was useful to fit a cot and all the extras that come with having a small child. Bedding, as all starwoods, we found to be wonderful. The pool area is lovely and we found this to be the highlight of the hotel. Being able to walk directly to the fish restaurants is also handy. Menega has been our favorite for many many years and now with the restaurant renovation it is even better! loved the lobby area, on a higher floor so it catches the lovely breeze off jimbaran bay!
Our toddler adored the ice cream shop.
The staff are the saving grace of this hotel, they are kind, gentle and caring and always took time out of their days to make our daughter feel very special.
The concept of this hotel is great, and when management get ontop of matters and fine tune the running of the hotel we will return to try again.

Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank wishiwasawaytoday
LM_Bali, General Manager at Le Meridien Bali Jimbaran, responded to this review, January 7, 2014
Dear wishiwasawaytoday

Greetings from Le Meridien Bali Jimbaran

Thank you sharing your journey with us and for your feedback.

In regards to the construction defects you have mention, we have since your stay with us started a program of review of the areas to improve.
In fact we have and will continue to address these concerns as part of our ongoing preventive maintenance program.

wishiwasawaytoday, please may I kindly ask you to private message me your details as I would like to follow up on your comments and get back to you with additional information.

wishiwasawaytoday, I thank you as well for your kind words on our associates and how they have made the difference during your stay.
It is certainly rewarding to read about how they have left such a positive memory. Be assured I will pass on your thank you to them.

wishiwasawaytoday, I do remain available and I do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you and your family back to Le Meridien Bali Jimbaran.

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed January 5, 2014

staff - the best experience we have had was at jimbaran bali. they always wanted to help and ensure that the stay was exclusive and relaxing. the manager at the hotel - greg is one of the finest of human being I have met very dwn to earth and wanting to accommodate all concerns. travelling with is kid is not easy and travelling with 5 kids between 3 familes was harder but the staff made it easy for us. recommend this hotel to everyone must stay here if going to bali and you will not be disappointed..
thanks for making this the memorable trip.

Room Tip: Lagoon access rooms are the ones we stayed in was the best rooms.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Animesh D
LM_Bali, General Manager at Le Meridien Bali Jimbaran, responded to this review, January 6, 2014
Dear Animesh D

Greetings from Le Meridien Bali Jimbaran

Thank you for your sweet review and your kinds words on our team members.

At the end of the day it is all about the people and it is very rewarding to read that you will keep such a positive memory of your journey with us.

Thank you again Animesh D for sharing and trust you and your family had a safe journey back home.

Looking forward to welcoming back to the island of the gods.

Canada
Reviewed January 5, 2014

A little bit perplexed on how to describe the feeling i have regarding my visit in this hotel. I think unsatisfied is the right term. The one thing i have to commend is on the effort exerted by the staff to make our stay satisfactory, but to be fair there is some things that need to be pointed out.

Pros:

1. The hotel rooms are great and chic, definitely something to look forward to. For the first three days we had the lagoon access room followed by another three days in the lagoon view rooms.

2. Hotel grounds is covered with lush vegetation, which was very enjoyable.

3. Getting escorts on the buggies was fun, especially with the little ones.

Cons:

1. There is NO beach access to this hotel, however you are promised beach access on beach club where le meridian has made an arrangement with a private beach club on jimbaran beach.

However, this beach club is substandard, where the food seems to be prepared in suspicious manner, the towels handed out are all ripped, the access to the ocean has alot of rocks and stones, and they ask for a min. of 15 dollars per person when you want to use their beach loungers (which is crazy).

This was very disappointing, and frankly the number one reason why I gave the hotel three stars. What is even more frustrating is that this hotel has the same luxury rating as the WESTIN (BTW - I am a gold SPG member)in beautiful Nusa Dua.

I asked the le meridian manager to contact the Westin so i can use their facilities (offered even to pay), he politely informed me that he tried, and they refused. I then decided to give it a go myself and contacted them myself also so i can use their facilities for the day at Nusa Dua, they flatly refused even though they are sister hotels. Below is correspondence with WESTIN:

Festive greetings and Warm Wishes of the New year 2014 to you and your loved ones.

Thank you for reaching out with your request for usage of the pool & beach facilities; and thank you for your patronage with Starwood Hotel Worldwide.

Being festive season we do get a lot of requests of this nature being blessed with some of the most pristine beaches in Bali; but unfortunately we will have to decline the usage of pool & beach owing to the festive rush, the sheer number of guests we have in house with us and to be fair in terms of how we respond to all such requests coming from our SPG Platinum & Gold elite guests.

If you are planning to have lunch/dinner at any of our venues please feel free to reach out to me – so that we reserve an appropriate table and ensure that the team looks after you.

Thank you for your understanding.

Be Well

(Names concealed)

2. Where usually the concierge organizes daily activities and tours, le meridian have decided to contract this out to a subcontractor. Big mistake.

So as innocent tourists we go ahead and book a tour for the elephant sanctuary, our ride was 1.5 hrs late, where they asked us to be ready at 7.30am, our ride didnt show up till 9am. Again, Le Meridian/Starwood group must accept the responsibility. Their subcontractors performance affects their quality rating.

3. Finally, we did move to a room with a lagoon access room, however there was a offensive odor emitted from the sinkholes in the washroom. They called in a technician who put a silicone seal, which helped.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Kinoby
Dear Kinoby

Greetings from Le Meridien Bali Jimbaran

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent stay with us and for the feedback.

I regret to read about your experiences with our third parties and I thank you for sharing your comments.

Be assured I will follow up with each of them directly and share your disappointment. I do appreciate how this has marred your overall journey.

I would like to thank you as well for your kind words on our associates and how they have a positive image during your journey with us.

Kinoby, please may I kindly ask you to private message me as I would like to follow up with you on the rest of your journey with us.

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed January 2, 2014

When staying at this rather new Le Meridien resort we had expectations comparable to other 5-star Starwood hotels however our experiences were more than mixed.

When arriving at check-in (and yes they drive you with a golf buggy the whole 25m to the lobby) we were surprised that breakfast not included in our booking. When checking the confirmation letter we couldn’t find a work of weather breakfast is included or not. The only rather standard response was that breakfast is usually not included and it is an extra USD 30 per person per night. When trying the next day to find the error why breakfast wasn’t included in our booking, we found that via the Le Meridien website you cannot generally include breakfast in your booking option no matter what rate you book. The staff was not surprised, rather helpless und commenting that we should have booked the cheaper festive promotion option, as this is the only option to include breakfast. It seemed to be common to have guests decided on the spot weather to include breakfast or not (breakfast outside hotel is less than USD 10). When asking staff to discuss internally with the general manager and get back to us nothing happened. No manager available (probably he will finally reply to this to be able to lure future guests into the breakfast trap).

When ordering breakfast to the room one day we were very disappointed about the quality of the food and the service. We had the feeling that this food was not prepared by a real cook, rather someone doing scrambled eggs with bacon for the first time, sausages and meat not eatable. Sorry but if you don’t have a cook in the hotel that can provide western/intercontinental breakfast then just don’t offer it. For the service the tea was missing, no bread, no salt, no pepper, no butter, for everything you realize that’s missing you wait 10 min till an annoyed staff-member brings it to your room.

In the afternoon around 3pm the local seafood restaurants start barbecuing just in front of the hotel. By 4pm the whole inside courtyard area becomes one large smoke cloud. As the whole resort is pretty small and all rooms are facing the inside of the pool area, you cannot use this area anymore. The smoke is so strong that you cannot open your room windows and you cannot hang your clothes to dry on the balcony, unless you like smoky flavor. They have a nice roof-top bar on the 6th floor right above the seafood restaurants… no need to mention that you are right in the center of the smoke.

The hotel rooms are okay, everything looks fancy nothing is really comfortable. Okay the bed is really good, we slept well on this bed. The couch, TV, arm-chair, balcony furniture everything is very stylish and probably very expensive but seriously not comfortable. In the bathroom the sink is just a failed construction, every time you use it you will be annoyed.

When checking out no questions of ‘how was your stay’, ‘did you enjoy bali’ only a ‘thank you’ after they swiped your credit card.

Seriously this hotel doesn’t deserve five stars. It is far away in terms of service from its neighboring hotels the Intercontinental and the Four Seasons Resort. The Intercontinental beats it in all categories and is in the price category as the Le Meridien, so my recommendation and next stay is at the Intercontinental.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
5 Thank oap2014
LM_Bali, General Manager at Le Meridien Bali Jimbaran, responded to this review, January 2, 2014
Dear oap2014

Season Greetings from Le Meridien Bali Jimbaran and Happy New Year 2014.

First of all I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your recent journey with us and for your feedback.
I certainly am sorry to read about your experience and please may I assure you that this is certainly not the way it should feel.

We do offer a range of rates and packages all year round and please may I kindly ask you to private message me as I would like to follow up on your stay with us.
It is indeed important for me to understand what we could have done differently to turn around this situation.

oap2014 I thank you for raising your concerns and I look forward to being in contact with you.

Greg Gubiani
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jimbaran
RIMBA Jimbaran BALI by AYANA
Melia Bali Indonesia
#15 of 53 in Nusa Dua
4.5 of 5 bubbles 5,007 reviews
The Westin Resort Nusa Dua

Been to Le Meridien Bali Jimbaran? Share your experiences!