“Beautiful staff and great property”

Le Meridien Bali Jimbaran
Ranked #16 of 60 Hotels in Jimbaran
Reviewed January 5, 2014

staff - the best experience we have had was at jimbaran bali. they always wanted to help and ensure that the stay was exclusive and relaxing. the manager at the hotel - greg is one of the finest of human being I have met very dwn to earth and wanting to accommodate all concerns. travelling with is kid is not easy and travelling with 5 kids between 3 familes was harder but the staff made it easy for us. recommend this hotel to everyone must stay here if going to bali and you will not be disappointed..
thanks for making this the memorable trip.

Room Tip: Lagoon access rooms are the ones we stayed in was the best rooms.
3  Thank Animesh D
LM_Bali, General Manager at Le Meridien Bali Jimbaran, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2014

Dear Animesh D

Greetings from Le Meridien Bali Jimbaran

Thank you for your sweet review and your kinds words on our team members.

At the end of the day it is all about the people and it is very rewarding to read that you will keep such a positive memory of your journey with us.

Thank you again Animesh D for sharing and trust you and your family had a safe journey back home.

Looking forward to welcoming back to the island of the gods.

Greg Gubiani

Write a ReviewReviews (1,192)

Reviewed January 5, 2014

A little bit perplexed on how to describe the feeling i have regarding my visit in this hotel. I think unsatisfied is the right term. The one thing i have to commend is on the effort exerted by the staff to make our stay satisfactory, but to be fair there is some things that need to be pointed out.

Pros:

1. The hotel rooms are great and chic, definitely something to look forward to. For the first three days we had the lagoon access room followed by another three days in the lagoon view rooms.

2. Hotel grounds is covered with lush vegetation, which was very enjoyable.

3. Getting escorts on the buggies was fun, especially with the little ones.

Cons:

1. There is NO beach access to this hotel, however you are promised beach access on beach club where le meridian has made an arrangement with a private beach club on jimbaran beach.

However, this beach club is substandard, where the food seems to be prepared in suspicious manner, the towels handed out are all ripped, the access to the ocean has alot of rocks and stones, and they ask for a min. of 15 dollars per person when you want to use their beach loungers (which is crazy).

This was very disappointing, and frankly the number one reason why I gave the hotel three stars. What is even more frustrating is that this hotel has the same luxury rating as the WESTIN (BTW - I am a gold SPG member)in beautiful Nusa Dua.

I asked the le meridian manager to contact the Westin so i can use their facilities (offered even to pay), he politely informed me that he tried, and they refused. I then decided to give it a go myself and contacted them myself also so i can use their facilities for the day at Nusa Dua, they flatly refused even though they are sister hotels. Below is correspondence with WESTIN:

Festive greetings and Warm Wishes of the New year 2014 to you and your loved ones.

Thank you for reaching out with your request for usage of the pool & beach facilities; and thank you for your patronage with Starwood Hotel Worldwide.

Being festive season we do get a lot of requests of this nature being blessed with some of the most pristine beaches in Bali; but unfortunately we will have to decline the usage of pool & beach owing to the festive rush, the sheer number of guests we have in house with us and to be fair in terms of how we respond to all such requests coming from our SPG Platinum & Gold elite guests.

If you are planning to have lunch/dinner at any of our venues please feel free to reach out to me – so that we reserve an appropriate table and ensure that the team looks after you.

Thank you for your understanding.

Be Well

(Names concealed)

2. Where usually the concierge organizes daily activities and tours, le meridian have decided to contract this out to a subcontractor. Big mistake.

So as innocent tourists we go ahead and book a tour for the elephant sanctuary, our ride was 1.5 hrs late, where they asked us to be ready at 7.30am, our ride didnt show up till 9am. Again, Le Meridian/Starwood group must accept the responsibility. Their subcontractors performance affects their quality rating.

3. Finally, we did move to a room with a lagoon access room, however there was a offensive odor emitted from the sinkholes in the washroom. They called in a technician who put a silicone seal, which helped.

3  Thank Kinoby

Dear Kinoby

Greetings from Le Meridien Bali Jimbaran

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent stay with us and for the feedback.

I regret to read about your experiences with our third parties and I thank you for sharing your comments.

Be assured I will follow up with each of them directly and share your disappointment. I do appreciate how this has marred your overall journey.

I would like to thank you as well for your kind words on our associates and how they have a positive image during your journey with us.

Kinoby, please may I kindly ask you to private message me as I would like to follow up with you on the rest of your journey with us.

Reviewed January 2, 2014

When staying at this rather new Le Meridien resort we had expectations comparable to other 5-star Starwood hotels however our experiences were more than mixed.

When arriving at check-in (and yes they drive you with a golf buggy the whole 25m to the lobby) we were surprised that breakfast not included in our booking. When checking the confirmation letter we couldn’t find a work of weather breakfast is included or not. The only rather standard response was that breakfast is usually not included and it is an extra USD 30 per person per night. When trying the next day to find the error why breakfast wasn’t included in our booking, we found that via the Le Meridien website you cannot generally include breakfast in your booking option no matter what rate you book. The staff was not surprised, rather helpless und commenting that we should have booked the cheaper festive promotion option, as this is the only option to include breakfast. It seemed to be common to have guests decided on the spot weather to include breakfast or not (breakfast outside hotel is less than USD 10). When asking staff to discuss internally with the general manager and get back to us nothing happened. No manager available (probably he will finally reply to this to be able to lure future guests into the breakfast trap).

When ordering breakfast to the room one day we were very disappointed about the quality of the food and the service. We had the feeling that this food was not prepared by a real cook, rather someone doing scrambled eggs with bacon for the first time, sausages and meat not eatable. Sorry but if you don’t have a cook in the hotel that can provide western/intercontinental breakfast then just don’t offer it. For the service the tea was missing, no bread, no salt, no pepper, no butter, for everything you realize that’s missing you wait 10 min till an annoyed staff-member brings it to your room.

In the afternoon around 3pm the local seafood restaurants start barbecuing just in front of the hotel. By 4pm the whole inside courtyard area becomes one large smoke cloud. As the whole resort is pretty small and all rooms are facing the inside of the pool area, you cannot use this area anymore. The smoke is so strong that you cannot open your room windows and you cannot hang your clothes to dry on the balcony, unless you like smoky flavor. They have a nice roof-top bar on the 6th floor right above the seafood restaurants… no need to mention that you are right in the center of the smoke.

The hotel rooms are okay, everything looks fancy nothing is really comfortable. Okay the bed is really good, we slept well on this bed. The couch, TV, arm-chair, balcony furniture everything is very stylish and probably very expensive but seriously not comfortable. In the bathroom the sink is just a failed construction, every time you use it you will be annoyed.

When checking out no questions of ‘how was your stay’, ‘did you enjoy bali’ only a ‘thank you’ after they swiped your credit card.

Seriously this hotel doesn’t deserve five stars. It is far away in terms of service from its neighboring hotels the Intercontinental and the Four Seasons Resort. The Intercontinental beats it in all categories and is in the price category as the Le Meridien, so my recommendation and next stay is at the Intercontinental.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank oap2014
LM_Bali, General Manager at Le Meridien Bali Jimbaran, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2014

Dear oap2014

Season Greetings from Le Meridien Bali Jimbaran and Happy New Year 2014.

First of all I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your recent journey with us and for your feedback.
I certainly am sorry to read about your experience and please may I assure you that this is certainly not the way it should feel.

We do offer a range of rates and packages all year round and please may I kindly ask you to private message me as I would like to follow up on your stay with us.
It is indeed important for me to understand what we could have done differently to turn around this situation.

oap2014 I thank you for raising your concerns and I look forward to being in contact with you.

Reviewed January 1, 2014

New Le Meridien Jimbaran hotel is quite unique with second floor lobby, nice and simple room decorating make us always want to stay at the room.
Staffs are helpful and friendly. breakfast was superb, we can order special signature dishes created by 3 star michelin chef. It's a wonderful experience to stay at le Meridien Jimbaran.

Room Tip: Ask for room with pool access.
2  Thank Traveller0417

Dear Traveller0417

Season Greetings and Happy New Year 2014 from Le Meridien Bali Jimbaran.

Thank you for your sweet review and kind words on our team members.

This is how a Le Meridien experience should feel and I am glad you truly enjoyed it.

I trust you will keep on considering us for your next journeys in Bali.

Reviewed December 30, 2013

As always, service staff in Bali are always genuinely warm and friendly. upon arriving the hotel, we are ferried by a golf cart buggy to the lobby area, with staff alerted prior our arrival.

Nice salted pool, if you have young kids, do consider ground floor units which overlooks the pool and have direct access. Try the spa if you have time, was above average experience for my wife and I, who love trying out various spas when we travel.

Jimbaran beach is located at the backdoor, so you can check out the seafood BBQ by the beach, try Menega, the most famous restaurant in the stretch. Seafood is cooked over wire using coconut husks.

Only letdown was uncooked pancakes in the breakfast buffet, chef who was alerted quickly checked and remove the affected items, Small things like insufficient cutlery, or cutlery placed at inconvenient locations and not next to appropriate food, labelling was inaccurate and some items were finished by 9.30 am. Siew mai skin was too mushy, not acceptable standard for a 5 star hotel. A tightened process will definitely improve many of these issues.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank csh68
LM_Bali, General Manager at Le Meridien Bali Jimbaran, responded to this reviewResponded December 31, 2013

Dear csh68

Season Greetings from Le Meridien Bali Jimbaran

Thank you for taking the time to share your journey with us and for your feedback.

Being located in the heart of traditional Jimbaran, it allows the Hotel to enjoy the proximity to the famous seafood cafe and their unique way of cooking with the coconut shell, which flavours the meals.
Indeed the lagoon access rooms are very enjoyable and having salt water as a pool makes a difference.

Thank you for your comments on the breakfast. We have since November made some changes in the set up and layout of the breakfast and I appreciate your feedback.
I do believe it will help the Hotel to continuously review its processes and standards.

csh68, I am glad that overall you had a pleasant journey with us and I wish you and your family a great start of 2014.

Reviewed December 30, 2013

It was our first stay at this hotel and we were fortunate to get one of their Aqua Studio Suites with Lagoon view. The room was very spacious with modern decor, including an espresso machine, 47 inch LED TV, balcony overlooking the pool, just a few amenities to boast.
The main reception is an open concept area, well decorated in a rustic, chill style.
Staff were very pleasant.
Overall a very pleasant stay.

Room Tip: If you don't mind splurging, upgrade to the Aqua Studio Suites for a pampering stay.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear ester_2211

Season Greetings from Le Meridien Bali Jimbaran

Thank you for your lovely review and I am glad to read that you enjoyed our Aqua Studio Lagoon View. With its 82 sqm and modern set up, it indeed gives the extra space to fully enjoy the holiday.

Le Meridien Bali Jimbaran is all about discovery and the artwork around the Hotel and especially our Hub (lobby) is the place to enjoy stunning views of the property.

I trust you will keep on considering us for your future journeys to Bali.

Happy New Year 2014.

Reviewed December 24, 2013

This hotel is a beautiful refuge from the hub-bub of Denpasar, offering a calming atmosphere with very attentive and caring staff. From our arrival after midnight to our special, late check-out (tomorrow morning!), everything was 'fantastique'.
My wife had her luggage lost by Jetstar - very upsetting. Enggal and Franklin, two Duty Managers helped out with phone calls and even sent a colleague to the airport on the 2nd afternoon to search for it, confirm it was still in Australia and when it arrived, pick it up for us. Very kind. All the other staff are gentle and helpful, and efficient with small and not so small requests eg. sweeping up a San Pellegrino bottle that shatttered on the marble/stone floor, to fixing the in-room safe and supplying more towels, slippers and bottled water.
The breakfast choices are unbelievable and very varied which kept us three more than satisfied on our three-day stay. Yuli in the restaurant was lovely. The lagoon was refreshing (especially in the rain!) and its a short stroll to the beach and bay.
I can't understand why there are bad reviews against this hotel, we can't fault it (and I don't only leave good reviews!)

Room Tip: A lagoon-facing room with balcony are great value, spacious and well-appointed.
4  Thank creativepage
LM_Bali, General Manager at Le Meridien Bali Jimbaran, responded to this reviewResponded December 25, 2013

Dear creativepage

Season Greetings from Le Meridien Bali Jimbaran

Thank you for your lovely review and I am pleased to read that you were able to enjoy your journey with us, despite experiencing some luggage challenges and a weather that was a bit capricious.

Thank you for recognizing our team members and it is such a reward to read how your remembered their names.

creativepage, we wish you a pleasant continuation of your journey and a great end of the year celebration.

I trust you will keep on considering us for your next trip to Bali and please do not hesitate to reach out, may I be of any assistance.

Greg Gubiani

Also consider these accommodations in or near Jimbaran
2 mi away
Hilton Bali Resort
#23 of 55 in Nusa Dua
The Laguna, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa
INTERCONTINENTAL Bali Resort

Been to Le Meridien Bali Jimbaran? Share your experiences!