“Worst service I have ever received.”

Le Meridien Bali Jimbaran
Ranked #17 of 57 Hotels in Jimbaran
Reviewed December 19, 2013

I stayed at Le Meridien for 3 nights and the service I received was by far the worst I have ever encountered with the Starwood brand. The hotel is relatively new, and seemed pretty empty while I was there so you would think they would try to satisfy their guests but everything that happened during our stay was appalling.

There was a mix up with our reservation names and although we had paid for the 3 nights in full, because the reservation was not located when we checked in, the hotel set up a new reservation under my name (WITHOUT ME KNOWING). I assumed they understood when I insisted that I should not be paying extra since our reservation was paid in full 6 months ago. They told me that they would figure out the problem, but on the next day when we figured out that the names were mixed up, they told me that they would have to charge me for the first night even though it has already been paid for.

Although they knew this was clearly a misunderstanding, we still ended up paying for the night we had already paid for 6 months ago. The manager didn't even come out to speak to me and in no way did anyone try to help us rectify the situation. We came to Bali for a friends wedding and instead of enjoying ourselves, we spent half the trip arguing with the staff about the double charge and in the end still paid an additional $300 US dollars.

Being a SPG member, this was my first experience at a Le Meridien hotel and I can honestly say I will never stay at any Le Meridien again.

• Stayed: December 2013
3  Thank kataperz
LM_Bali, General Manager at Le Meridien Bali Jimbaran, responded to this reviewResponded December 20, 2013

Dear kataperz

Season greetings from Le Meridien Bali Jimbaran

First of all I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your recent journey with us and for the gift of feedback.

I do sincerely regret to read about your experience and I appreciate how this has marred your overall journey.

kataperz, please may I kindly ask you to private message as I would like to follow up on this and get back to you.

I do believe that feedback will help the Hotel to evolve, grow and better its service delivery.

Once again thank you for sharing and I do remain available, may I be of any further assistance.

Reviewed December 16, 2013

I stayed for two nights in this hotel. A very relaxing stay, I feel really at home. I like the marbles designed and built, every corner from floor, bathroom, and walls. The location is at Jimbaran, close to the seafood barbecue. Breakfast also great, they have wide varieties of food there. I was really surprised by the plug-in iPod entertainment, that was really creative to put it in the room!

I can say that this is the best room service, they even put a welcome snack of varieties of eclair!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
LM_Bali, General Manager at Le Meridien Bali Jimbaran, responded to this reviewResponded December 16, 2013

Dear Ignatius_Win

Season Greetings from Le Meridien Bali Jimbaran.

Thank you for sharing your journey with us. A real pleasure to read how much you enjoyed feeling at home while being away from it. This is how it should feel indeed.

I trust you will keep on considering us for your next journeys to Bali.

Happy festive season Ignatius_Win

Reviewed December 13, 2013

We have just returned from a lovely holiday staying at the Le Meridien. From the reception staff to the spa staff they were all so helpful and polite. Nothing was a problem. We had a lagoon access room and it was amazing. It was very sticky and humid and to be able to just slip into the pool whenever you wanted day or night, was a lovely luxury.( Not good if you have smaller children though! ) These rooms are large and very well appointed. Crisp clean linen and nicely decorated. No the rooms don't have the "Bali" feel and if thats what your after, this perhaps isnt the place for you. We had breakfast included and arrived around 9.30 every morning. Not a problem. the croissants were fresh, there was toast, a variety of cereals, fruit, yougurt, hot breakfasts and local food. Beer and cocktails were great but The wine is very expensive everywhere, so expect to pay upwards of $14 for a glass. Yes it would have been nice to be right on the beach, but really it was a 2 minute walk across the car park and we were on the beautiful Jimbaran beach. Tip. Go down to the beach at dusk, everybody comes out and walks the beach, the local kids play soccer and swim, the mums are in the water looking for pipis and the grandparents are watching over it all. Great people watching! I guess you have to try the seafood dinner on the beach just to say you did it, but we were disappointed and had a better meal just up at the Jimbaran Beach Club. Overall this was a very relaxing holiday, we were looked after so well and could as little or as much as we wanted . Jimbaran bay is just far enough away from the hustle and bustle of the main tourist hub. $6 will get you a taxi up to kuta if you must go there , and Ubud is an hour or so - deserves a day trip.

Room Tip: Lagoon access Rooms 102 to 112 are very private. Some of the others open straight onto the main pool...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank johnandbridgette
LM_Bali, General Manager at Le Meridien Bali Jimbaran, responded to this reviewResponded December 14, 2013

Dear johnandbridgette

Season greetings from Le Meridien Bali Jimbaran

Thank you for sharing your experience with the world! I am very pleased to read that you had such a memorable journey with us.

We are indeed a modern hotel in the heart of traditional Jimbaran and offer a new approach to Bali. I am glad to read that you enjoyed the spacious and comfortable rooms as well as the culinary experience.
The beach in fact just a few steps away from the Hotel and the beach club we work with a breeze away with our buggy drop off and pick up.

Holidays are there to be fully enjoyed and by reading your review, I believe you had a good time off.

I trust you will keep on considering us for your next travels to Bali.

Reviewed December 8, 2013

Hotel was almost perfect. I would give it a higher rating if it just had:
1. Incorporated some more local touch in the design (it could be in Bali or in any other part of the world).
2. Direct access to the beach.

Said that, room was very well equipped and designed. Service was excellent and always caring about us.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
LM_Bali, General Manager at Le Meridien Bali Jimbaran, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2013

Dear Javier C

Greetings from Le Meridien Bali Jimbaran

Thank you for taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor and for your feedback.
We are indeed a modern property in the heart of traditional Jimbaran and I am glad that you enjoyed the size of the rooms, their design and comfort.

We are steps away from the Jimbaran beach and do partner with a beach club, located 2 minutes away from the Hotel (drop off and pick up are available with our buggy).

All of this would not be a great story without our dedicated team and it is rewarding to read how our associates have left such a positive memory.

Thank you once again Javier C and I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to Le Meridien Bali Jimbaran.

Reviewed December 1, 2013 via mobile

Let's start with what is lacking:

1 - long breakfast period = needs more item refresh (this is a REAL problem if u sleep in and plan to pop by around 9-10am. As dishes are overcooked, dried out even, tough, rice is crusty n hard, etc...) HOPE THEY FIX THIS ASAP.

2 - private beach/direct access to the beach (have to walk through or around the seafood cafes)

3 - annoying to transfer from taxi to buggy just to get to the lobby.

4 - certain elements at breakfast really need work (soggy soufle oatmeal, super bouncy egg espresso soufle)

5 - has no real feature resturant (if that is your thing). Did not bother us at all.

6 - Quality of the tv channels... pictures were noisy/bad quality.

OK what we loved...

Small resort (bout 100 rooms).
Salt water pool (better than chlorine if u ask me)
Great staff (& service)
A selection of local food options (we did not come to Bali to eat steak n fries) not as extensive as staying in Kuta but still ok. (Google Warung Kampung - they deliver)
Lovely rooms.
Kids activity centre

I gave "Andre" an appreciation card from my spg pack. As he was super helpful, even helped to call up and order food for us. (Not pushy about in room dining or the resturant as we wanted local options), organized a taxi for us to go buy some local food the next day (betutu chicken). I work in the service industry and travel a lot. But he impressed me.

Would we return?
(Caveat) We do want to check out other areas of Bali. But if we do return to Jimbaran, this is top of our list.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank t4tortoise
LM_Bali, General Manager at Le Meridien Bali Jimbaran, responded to this reviewResponded December 2, 2013

Dear t4tortoise

Greetings from Le Meridien Bali Jimbaran

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent journey with us and for the gift of feedback.

Breakfast being the most important meal of the day, be assured your comments are valuable and I will review with out culinary and service team the details of your comments.

The concept of the buggy is to break from civilization and for the short ride to our main Hub (lobby) to set the mood for discovery and be wowed by the views from the front desk.

In regards to the TV quality pictures we have been in contact with our vendor to understand what can be done and if or how it can be fine-tuned.

I am glad to read as well that despite those hiccups, you and your family were able to have a good time and that our team member made a difference.
We are indeed what I like to call a human size property and being able to create that interaction between our guests and our associates is certainly key to a stay. We do work hard to deliver our promises and reading how Andre made a difference is certainly very rewarding.
Bali has indeed a lot to offer and Jimbaran is a destination where local life and traditions are still very present.

As an experienced traveler your feedback is appreciate and I believe that sharing is caring.
Thank you for caring and I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you and your family back to Le Meridien Bali Jimbaran.

Once again t4tortoise, thank you for your review.

Reviewed November 30, 2013

I stayed in this hotel with my family. We all loved it. The check-in was very welcoming. The resort needless to say is actually like the photos (even better) ... you need to be there to enjoy it. We got an upgrade and the room décor was splendid.

Cons:
The service at the breakfast seem to have a shortage of staff as the staff struggled to set up a table after 9am. You can also always measure the service level by checking how many buffet plates you stack up on the table. In this case, it was more that two plates and my family do not really eat so fast ....

The air-con goes off after you open the balcony door but did not come on again in my room. even after I have locked the balcony door. Sadly I had to make more than three calls over 3 days to get this rectified each time it happened.

Conclusion:
During the check-out, I was asked "How was your stay?" I hardly remembered the last time I was asked that at any hotels. The cashiers in other hotels favorite words are usually "Your credit card please". This is still a very good hotel and I would still strongly recommend this hotel to anyone. Hope the auto door air-con has been fixed by now for the room I had.

Room Tip: If you have a room on the ground floor overlooking the pool, you have to check on the privacy level...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
LM_Bali, General Manager at Le Meridien Bali Jimbaran, responded to this reviewResponded December 1, 2013

Dear sg_travel_asia

Greetings from Le Meridien Bali Jimbaran

Thank you for feedback and I am pleased to read that you and your family had a pleasant journey with us.

I regret to read the inconvenience you had to go through with the air conditioning unit and please may I kindly ask you to private message me as I would like to indeed ensure it has been rectified.

Asking "how as your stay" is actually a very important part of the farewell interaction. Feedback and how it is acted upon, is what makes the difference nowadays. I do believe that every comments allows the Hotel to evolve and grow to deliver our promises.

sg_travel_asia, once again thank you for sharing and I hope you and your family will keep on considering us upon your next trip to Bali.

Reviewed November 29, 2013 via mobile

Pros:
New Property
The rooms are sublime. The layout, the colors, the lights, the full bathroom.
Bamboo Chich (The best food we tried in our trip to Bali) it was great to see the Executive Chef present! However it was a lack of presence for the Restaurant or F&B managers and the waitresses were struggling to provide a good service.

Cons
No Beach - just an outside beach club, managed by other parties which is not at the level of a Le Meridien Property.
F & B can do a lot better but this could be because the property is still quite new.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Bujin86

Greetings from Le Meridien Bali Jimbaran

Thank you for sharing your feelings on your recent journey with us and for your valuable feedback.

I do believe that it will help us review the areas where improvement is required and act on it. In regards to the beach club, please may I kindly ask you for more details as I would like to follow up with our third party.

I will certainly pass on your kind words to our culinary team!

Once again Bujin86 thank you for your review and I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back shall your travels bring you back to the island of the gods.

Greg Gubiani

Also consider these accommodations in or near Jimbaran
RIMBA Jimbaran BALI by AYANA
INTERCONTINENTAL Bali Resort
AYANA Resort and Spa
AYANA Resort and Spa
#13 of 57 in Jimbaran

Been to Le Meridien Bali Jimbaran? Share your experiences!