“A good hotel, lovely staff”

Le Meridien Bali Jimbaran
Ranked #16 of 58 Hotels in Jimbaran
Reviewed November 22, 2013

Le Meridian is an unusual style, certainly not Balinese, but spacious and comfortable. The beach in Jimbaran is wonderful - fairly quiet, active tide bringing up great shells and coral. To get there you have to walk thru the BBQ restaurants in front of the hotel - I felt a little uncomfortable about this as the staff were often cleaning when I swept thru in sandy shoes. However, these restaurants are terrific - good grilled fish at great prices, and at beachside tables. You can rent a sun bed on the beach and watch the learner surfers. I much prefer Jimbaran to Kuta, Legian or Semanyuk.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank YBarlow
LM_Bali, General Manager at Le Meridien Bali Jimbaran, responded to this reviewResponded November 24, 2013

Dear YBarlow

Greetings from Le Meridien Bali Jimbaran

Thank you for your time in reviewing us. We are indeed a very unique property in Jimbaran. The concept of the Hotel is chic and modern, which is different than the traditional Balinese properties one can fine in this area. It is about a journey of discovery and creativity.
We are conveniently located next to the famous Jimbaran seafood cafe and access to the beach or you can simply enjoy the Hotel saltwater pool.

YBarlow, thank you again for your kind review and I look forward to have the opportunity to welcome you back.

Reviewed November 20, 2013

Whilst the rooms are beautiful with exquisite bathrooms, there are still teething problems with the staff . Things seemed to take a long time to happen ... Whether it was ordering a drink at the pool bar or asking for a restaurant to be booked ... Often we had to remind them of our requests . The restaurant was good ... But there is only one restaurant.... Coffee shops are not restaurants. The hotel is too small and we would not return

• Stayed: September 2013
LM_Bali, General Manager at Le Meridien Bali Jimbaran, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2013

Dear dollyddraws

Greetings from Le Meridien Bali Jimbaran.

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your journey with us in September.
The rooms are indeed very spacious and offer a real sense of luxury.
I regret though to read that you experience inconsistencies in our service deliveries. Please may I kindly ask you to private message me, as I would like to follow up on this.

We have since then done some changes and I appreciate your feedback as I believe it will help the Hotel to evolve, grow and better itself.

Once again dollyddraws, thank you for sharing and I do remain available, may I be of any assistance.

Reviewed November 20, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for four nights and I was ill with Gastro (Bali Belly) from a restaurant in Kuta. The staff were very concerned and I was given boiled rice and bread at no extra cost. They called the doctor for me as I had a high fever. Our room on the ground floor had a water channel in front of it which flowed the the pool. Breakfast looked very good. Jimbaran itself is not for me. Locals create smoke with barbecues from coconut husks. There are barking dogs. Rather rural.

• Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank AlexandraMelbourne

Dear AlexandraMelbourne,

Greetings from Le Meridien Bali Jimbaran

Thank you for your review.
I am glad to read that our associates were able to look after you while you were unwell and I do hope you are feeling better by now.
Our lagoon access rooms are just unique. In fact it feels like having your own private ocean at the step of your terrace.

Jimbaran is more of a traditional area in Bali, with the charms of a rural ambiance. Le Meridien Bali Jimbaran offers a new modern perspective in the heart of the local fisherman community.

I am pleased you had a chance to experience our warm hospitality.

Reviewed November 19, 2013 via mobile

I love the design of the hotel. Both the exterior and the interior are excellent.

Its a very good idea to stay at this hotel if you preferred a quiet and peaceful location.

The pool is amazing, some of the rooms on the ground level has private access to enjoy the swimming pool. The pool is like a river which passing every rooms on that level.

The room is spacious for a deluxe type. The furnishings are artistic yet nice. Not to mention the bed and the pillows are really cozy.

The staffs are very helpful and warm.

And you can enjoy seafood cuisine just across the hotel's back entrance.

Love it...!

• Stayed: October 2013
LM_Bali, General Manager at Le Meridien Bali Jimbaran, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2013

Dear Fauzia B

Greetings from Le Meridien Bali Jimbaran

Thank you for such a sweet review and very efficient review. Such a delight to read.

I trust you will keep on considering us for your future journeys in Bali.

PS: I agree with you. The lagoon access rooms are just amazing and the salt water pool feels like the ocean is at your door step.

Reviewed November 18, 2013

My short stay at LMJ was perfect! :) Friendly staff, unique experience (you get picked up by a buggy!), art in every corner, amazing warm pool, they were also generous in sharing their local knowledge, and even upgraded our room! :) can't wait back in 2014!!

Room Tip: Lagoon view or access!!
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
4  Thank StephLee13

Dear StephLee13

Greetings from Le Meridien Bali Jimbaran

Such a pleasure to read your review and thank you for sharing your recent journey with us.

The buggy experience upon arrival is indeed unique. It is the first step to disconnect from the traffic, cars and any other surrounding motorized vehicle and the short ride to our Hub (lobby) opens to the spectacular views of the property.

I am glad you had a memorable stay with us and I look forward to welcome you back next year.

Reviewed November 16, 2013

we stayed at the LMJ for 3 nights. First night booked a classic room(cheapest room on offered) as arrived late night from Lombok and don't think that we need to pay for the suite yet. Lucky enough we had been upgraded to a suite on the 3rd floor. The room is big and well appointed.
Large TV, working area, nice stand alone bathtub and separate toilets from the shower area/sink, very comfortable bed and good quality bed sheet and towels.

It was our anniversary and they give us a cute chocolate cake. it was a nice touch. (it's one of the best looking cake+best taste we even have from the hotel)

The next days we booked into a villa with private pool (located on the 6th Floor) Great size room with private pool. But the layout is rather odd. Bathroom and toilet located on one side, where the walk in closet is on opposite side, i have to walk to the other end to get dress. Toilet is on the angle (triangle room to be exact) which we can't really sit straight as our knee will (or close to) hit the wall. Oh, by the way, because of the design, it's very bright in the morning as the sun come through the skylight near our bed. (no partition bwt bedroom and jacuzzi) We can't really sleep in.

Also when it's rain the water dripped into the spa (maybe the roof leak) create such an annoying sound and make it hard to sleep. When we wake up there is heaps of water on the floor and we did not know where it's coming from (until we check it's probably leak from the glass window)

I mean we are paying 450+ $ per night here! it that the standard we should be recieve?

No bottle opener provide in the room every time my partner want to open the bottle of beer have to call up and ask someone to come. We did ask to keep the bottle opener during our stay and return when check out but they said NO. We went have bough a bottle opener so we don't have to call them.

Breakfast: the service was great and prompt. Lots of asian and european items. Overall great quality food.

Restaurant: Bamboo chic had an asian menu, we have dinner on the 1st night and it was great. although as an asian theme restaurant none of the main come with rice. and you have to order extra rice. I found that very odd.

Location: Bali is my second holiday destination, I have been here 5-6 times in the past 3 yrs. And this is the first time we stayed in Jimbaran. To be honest Apart from seafood restaurant I found the area a bit boring. from the hotel you can walk seafood restaurants on the beach front. and 3min walk to Jimbaran corner shopping mall around the corner (5-6 boutique shops, very quiet) there is no direct beach access. But the hotel have partner with Jimbaran beach club - although if you want a seat or lounging around you have to pay for a drink there? really? (co-partner?)

Overall: it's a nice hotel but if you just stay in your room+look outside you can be anywhere in the world. no view and very generic. Although the hotel try a bit extra with their art sculptures etc. I just don't think it made up for what you miss out on compare to the same price hotel in Kuta, seminyak or legian

Room Tip: pool access room and villa or penthouse
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank piya-namwan
LM_Bali, General Manager at Le Meridien Bali Jimbaran, responded to this reviewResponded November 17, 2013

Dear piya-namwan

Greetings from Le Meridien Bali Jimbaran

Thank you for taking the time to review us and for sharing your feedback.
I am glad to read you enjoyed the upgrade to the suite on your arrival and the anniversary cake for this special occasion.

Thank you for your comments on the villa and I regret to read about the inconvenience you experienced with the rain. Be assured that I will look into it and rectify this matter with our engineering team.

I am glad to read you enjoyed your culinary experience and will pass on your comments to our kitchen team.

The location of the Hotel is indeed just across the famous Jimbaran seafood cafe and steps away from the beach.
Jimbaran has in fact a different feel than the rest of Bali. It reflects more of the local life and the traditional Balinese life style.

Once again piya-namwan, thank you for sharing and I do remain available, may I be of any assistance.

Reviewed November 13, 2013

The first thing I noticed when I got into my room was that it was huuuge. At 86sqm, it is bigger than some of the 2 bedroom apartments that I have seen. Service was also impeccable. In addition, Jimbaran area is definitely quieter than Kuta and have really nice beach, which is a big plus point.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
LM_Bali, General Manager at Le Meridien Bali Jimbaran, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2013

Dear rangga_m

Greetings from Le Meridien Bali Jimbaran

Thank you for sharing your recent journey with us. It is a pleasure to read that you were wowed by our rooms. Indeed, the Aqua Studio Lagoon view or access are very spacious. The extra comfort is always appreciated, I have to agree.

Thank you for recognizing the service delivered to you. We do work hard to ensure each experience remains unique and memorable. It is a reward to read your comment.

We are indeed steps away from the Jimbaran famous seafood cafe and beach as well. Jimbaran offers a more relaxing atmosphere than other parts of Bali. Guests often enjoy a good rest and lingering a bit longer than the agitation that can be found in other areas on the island.

I trust you will keep on considering us for your next journey in Bali.

Warm regards and Happy week end.

Greg Gubiani

Also consider these accommodations in or near Jimbaran
RIMBA Jimbaran BALI by AYANA
Hilton Bali Resort
#23 of 54 in Nusa Dua
INTERCONTINENTAL Bali Resort
AYANA Resort and Spa Bali

Been to Le Meridien Bali Jimbaran? Share your experiences!