“Excellent service, not-so-great beach”

Le Meridien Bali Jimbaran
Ranked #15 of 57 Hotels in Jimbaran
Singapore, Singapore
“Excellent service, not-so-great beach”
Reviewed October 21, 2013

I had an enjoyable stay recently at this property.

As previously mentioned, this property has no direct access to the beach.

The rooms are really nice and spacious and the prices are reasonable for Bali.
One problem was the glass panel in the Avantgarde room which is a danger at night with the lights switched off.

The service was really good for my stay and the staff took the effort to remember my name.

However, the Jimbaran beach is really nothing to shout about and can be dirty and full of pebbles.

The hotel was also touching up on unfinished areas during my stay.

I have a entry of my blog for my stay for anyone interested in more details (such as the spa) and photos at goodhotelreview .blogspot.sg

Therefore, I would recommend this hotel based on the great service and rate it as excellent, with the greatest drawback being the beach which is, unfortunately, mostly beyond the hotel's control.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank SgFred
LM_Bali, General Manager at Le Meridien Bali Jimbaran, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Dear SgFred

Greetings from Le Meridien Bali Jimbaran

Thank you for taking the time to share your journey with us and for your feedback.

I have to agree that our rooms are certainly generous in size and comfortable. Thank you for your comment on the glass panel and will look at what can be done, if anything.
I am glad to read that you appreciated our service delivery as this is really what makes a difference, I believe.

Thank you for sharing your photos and comments on your blog as well. We have indeed since your stay with us, continued our journey of enhancement of the property. The Hotel is in constant evolution and our gardens have grown up as well, features and furniture are being added.

We do use guest feedback as a mean as well to understand what the areas of improvement are and I am very thankful for every feedback shared.

For the beach access, we do work with the Jimbaran Beach Club, which is just a breeze away from the Hotel (2 min by buggy).

SgFred, thank you once again for your review and I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back at Le Meridien Bali Jimbaran.

Greg Gubiani

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (263)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed October 21, 2013

Building:
Areas of the building were falling apart and not finished properly. Toilet doors not closing, tiles falling off the wall, walls of outside look like they have concrete cancer in places, etc.
No grassy areas and no land as such to wander around on. The look of this place is cement.

Gym area: air conditioning does not work and no windows to open in the gym making it very uncomfortable to exercise in.

Restaurant: breakfast buffet nice and large choices. Dinner a la carte menu does not have many choices. The crab served to us was waterlogged - water poured out everywhere when we cracked it and no meat in the legs. Staff in the restaurant were very friendly and remembered our names and room number each morning. very nice coffee.

Pool: meant to be heated but was very cold. The water is shaded by the buildings for the majority of the day.

Music: Music plays from speakers on ground level and above from 9am to 10pm every day. The same songs played on rotation over and over again and at a volume that could be heard in the rooms with the doors shut.

Loud Rooftop nightclub/skybar: The music played at the rooftop nightclub/skybar was extremely loud rave type music. It started at 5pm and went to late at night. I was in a room at the other end with doors shut and wearing ear plugs and the thumping of the base and music could still be heard. No apologies when advising of the nuisance of this constant noise. We stayed 8 nights and did not see one person go to this skybar. The staff were hanging out here but no paying customers. My husband and I walked down to the Four Seasons each evening to have drinks at Sundara and listen to their DJ who played very relaxing chill out type music at a level that one could still talk and enjoy oneself. In addition the smoke from the Jimbaran Bay seafood restaurants came over the rooftop bar.

No whirlpool or outdoor spa area.

No beachfront access.

Room Tip: Lagoon access room nicest of the rooms.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank GeorgiaG558
LM_Bali, General Manager at Le Meridien Bali Jimbaran, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Dear Georgia G

Greetings from Le Meridien Bali Jimbaran

Thank you for sharing your feelings regarding your stay with us in September. I certainly regret to read abotu your experience and I am glad we were able to meet to discuss it upon your departure too.

Your feedback has been valuable and we have since then started a series of reviews in the Hotel.
We do control the volume of the music and are certainly mindful up to which time we play it.
We do not exceed 10.00pm as we are mindful of how important it is for our guests and neighbors to be able to have a peaceful evening.

We have started re-shaping our gardens all around the Hotel and this is an ongoing process. The difference can be seen already.

In regards to the beach access. Indeed we are not on the beach, but just across the famous Jimbaran seafood cafge, is the Jimbaran beach. We do work as well with the Jimbaran Beach Club, where we provide daily drop off and pick up (just 2 minutes away from the Hotel).

Georgia G, thank you for sharing as I believe it will help the Hotel to evolve and grow. Thank you as well for recognizing our associates in the restaurant.

I do remain available, may I be of any further assistance.

Bali
Reviewed October 20, 2013

Stayed twice on the hotel this year, once on May, and the second last couple of weeks.

Overall stay was OK. If you just plan to stay at the hotel and not going anywhere, this is one of the place to stay. Room was huge, bed and pillow was very good as well, big bathroom, huge LCD TV, and quiet.

The hotel's facility is OK as well, huge salt water lagoon, decent gym only for a couple of days stay, good restaurant for dinner.

On the second stay, i was a little bit dissapointed of the amenities provided. a little bit downgraded, i remember the first time i stayed, even the slipper has a very luxurious feel and plushy.

The breakfast wasnt as good as it used to be, its a little bit boring, and not so many choices, on a la carte and buffet. I was actually waiting for the breakfast on the second stay but it just wasnt as good as it used to be.

Housekeeping didnt do a very good job, didnt tidy up the booklet, and clothes werent folded.

There's a room for improvement here and there, and i hope they get better, as I kinda like the hotel, and would stay again.

Room Tip: choose the room at least the pool view room.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Cepdotcap

Greetings from Le Meridien Bali Jimbaran

First of all, thank you for your loyalty and for sharing your feedback.

Please may I kindly ask you to private message me, as I would like to follow on the points you raised?
I am indeed interested in understanding how we could have made a difference and ensure we do retain your passion for our property.

Cepdotcap, once again thank you for sharing and hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back and meet with you.

Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed October 16, 2013

We booked online and paid $200 plus taxes per night for the cheapest available room. Imagine our surprise to be assigned the largest and most luxurious hotel room I've ever stayed in my life. The largest I've seen apart from a whole floor made over and reserved for a visiting sultan in KL 20 years ago. At least 300 sq metres (larger than our apartment in Jakarta) with just one bedroom, a vast bathroom/dressing room/walk-in wardrobe area, one vast bedroom and a vast living/dining area. Separate kitchen. All this is fitted out in ultra-modern luxury chic. We did not want to leave, that was for sure. This must have been an upgrade. And what an upgrade

The hotel seems very new so there are a few teething troubles. The restaurant waitress was unfamiliar with Darjeeling, for example. But food was decent. The entrance to the lobby using a golf buggy doesn't work well. And the total area of the grounds is small compared to most 5 star hotels in Bali (the Intercontinental is 15 mins walk away and has maybe 10-20 times as much space). But what style!

Room Tip: Higher floors have great view
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank opacjkt
LM_Bali, General Manager at Le Meridien Bali Jimbaran, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
Dear opacjkt

Greetings from Le Meridien Bali Jimbaran

Thank you for your review and it certainly was a pleasure to make you experience the uniqueness of our rooms and I am pleased to read that you enjoyed the upgrade.

Please may i kindly ask you to private message me as I would like to know more about your thoughts on our arrival process.

We are different than most of the others Hotels in Bali. We bring a new style and concept in traditional Jimbaran where we mix modern with local culture and traditions around us.

I am pleased that as an experience traveler you enjoyed your journey of discovery with us.

Perth, Australia
Reviewed October 16, 2013 via mobile

Le meridien jimbaran is a relatively small, personable hotel to be staying in. Tucked away in jimbaran bay away from the usually cliché touristy spots like Kuta and Seminyak, it's a nice location to consider staying at for a quiet getaway.

Although people who wants to wants to party and shop the better option would be staying in seminyak and jimbaran is approximately 30-40 minutes drive away (up to 10USD of taxi fare each way) which can be a little frustrating to be doing everyday.

As mentioned by many other reviews it is directly adjacent to the renowned jimbaran bay seafood restaurants which are popular for both locals and tourists. The only shortcoming is the lack of direct beach access but really 100+ meter is not that much of a distance to walk.

Arrival: supposed check in time 3pm. Arrived on the dot. Been told that the room is not going to be ready for another 1.5 hours. I was given complimentary lounge access but it wasn't really explained to me what it was. It was particularly frustrating that day because I had just come off night duty and caught a flight directly to Bali and at that point I just wanted a bed to sleep in for a bit!

Room: I got the most standard room. All the rooms come with a balcony and the rooms are actually really unexpectedly big, marble flooring, modern design. Very very satisfied.

Food: the hotel restaurant is called bamboo chic. Food was ok I guess,. Definitely a wide selection and range available including local and international cuisine but quality of the food was so-so.

Gym: small. Only one bench for weights. A few treadmills and bikes. I was waiting around for another person to finish but I have up in the end.

Staff in general were helpful and friendly. Although occasionally, I found that it was difficult to understand them in English so I would just try to converse in Malay instead of English.

Maintenance: this is meant to be a relatively new hotel. But many parts of the hotel are already discolored. Maybe some painting maintenance work needs to be done already?

All in all, good place to stay in. Relaxing environment and worth a stay in.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Dear jonnychee

Greetings from Le Meridien Bali Jimbaran

Thank you for your time in reviewing us and for your feedback.

I am glad to read that despite the delay in accessing your room, you were happily satisfied with the design, size and layout of the room.
Indeed Le Meridien Bali Jimbaran offers a modern touch in traditional Jimbaran and with our generous size rooms, perfect location, close to the airport, just across the seafood cafe (hope you had a chance to try one?), steps away from the beach and beach club we partner with.

jonnychee, thank you for your feedback and for raising your concerns. Please may I kindly ask you to private message me, as I would like to do a follow up on some of your remarks?

Thank you once again and I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back.

Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan, Malaysia
Reviewed October 13, 2013

Location: Pretty Odd place to build a hotel. Just behind row of Jimbaran BBQ Seafood. Access to beach is through one of these BBQ Seafood Cafes. They had a full height curtain walled frameless glass wall at one end facing Jimbaran Seafood Cafes - obviously to mitigate the constant billowing smoke from the row of BBQ Seafood restaurants.
Compared to Intercontinental Hotel next door - which has the widest beach frontage and Four Seasons on the corner which also enjoyed nice beach frontage. However, I would always choose a new Hotel over the Older ones (occupational hazard of sorts) although the Older Ones have the better location and larger grounds. My bad for not checking properly that this hotel has no direct beach frontage as that was what I wanted.
Architect compensated by designing most of the rooms around large Lagoon Pool. So ask for the rooms with Lagoon View. The ground floor rooms have Lagoon access for a premium.
Rooms: Large rooms and large bathrooms with stand alone bathtub and separate Rain Shower Cubicle. Nice large walk-in-ish Wardrobe. Decent size Balcony. Total Room size was 60+m2. Got a Twin Room with 2 large Super Twin beds (almost Queen Size). Comfortable beds. Nice room decor. Great if you are couple with 1 kid or 2.
Arrival Experience: Not the best arrival experience.
Building: Only 110+ rooms. It is contemporary design which is cool and all but finishing and detailing not quite up to mark for 5 star deluxe.Their rooms were great though. At least they spent their money in their huge rooms.
Service: Pretty good service
Meals: Only had breakfast. Pretty decent spread. No complaints there. Pity no fresh juices.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Wong8
LM_Bali, General Manager at Le Meridien Bali Jimbaran, responded to this review, October 14, 2013
Dear Wong8,

Greetings from Le Meridien Bali Jimbaran.

Thank you for your review and feedback. We are indeed in a strategic location, steps away from the beach, whether through the famous Jimbaran seafood cafe or by using the beach club we partner with (we do offer pick up and drop off).

I do agree with you on the rooms, they are quite large, spacious and offer a very comfortable bathroom. The lagoon access rooms are certainly a treat and the direct access to the salt water pool is well appreciated.

I am however concerned about your comments on your arrival experience comments and please may I ask you to private message me and share more details on it? as i would like to do a follow up please.

I trust this has not deterred you from revisiting us and I am glad to read that you enjoyed our service delivery and breakfast.

Once again Wong8, thank you for your feedback.

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed October 8, 2013

We stayed at LM Bali for one week. We had high expectations as we are SPG members and stay frequently in Starwood hotels. When we arrived at the hotel we were suprised with the broad smiles of the staff. The check in was smooth and they made sure that we could enter the room earlier then check in time. During the whole stay the staff treated us very very good. The pool is very beautiful and the rooms are very clean and spacious. We definitely recommend this hotel to everyone who wants to enjoy a luxurious stay in a beautiful new hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
LM_Bali, General Manager at Le Meridien Bali Jimbaran, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
Dear Belen551

Greetings from Le Meridien Bali Jimbaran

Wow, thank you for such a great review. It is always very rewarding to read how our teams have been able to leave such an impression.
This is really how it should feel.

Looking forward to welcome you and your family back to Le Meridien Bali Jimbaran