“Stylish resort with smiley faces”

Le Meridien Bali Jimbaran
Ranked #14 of 57 Hotels in Jimbaran
Hong Kong, China
“Stylish resort with smiley faces”
Reviewed September 22, 2013

Stayed 4 nights in the Lagoon Access room. This hotel is among the "unusual" ones I've visited - not the typical "luxury" style, but instead selling cozy services to make guests feel like home!

1) Check-in: Nothing formal, "typical" check-in space. Instead the area was coupled with several chairs and tables with computers - just like library for guests to check-in in a very relaxed mood. I found this more personal and of course the welcome drink tasted very good as well.

2) Lagoon Access Room: The room was very spacious with a large bed in the middle of the room. There's a spacious balcony which you can have beer/wine and also access to swimming pool straight the way.

3) Food: Plentiful choices at the breakfast. I only get bored on my last day but that's unavoidable! Apart from typical coffee/tea option, they also served special smoothies which is a must try I would say. Didn't try other hotel food but saw the menu and the prices were acceptable. Jimbaran seafood restaurants were just 3 mins walk away from hotel across the road. The food there was very good and costs about IDR250,000/head, and I didn't smell any BBQ smoke from my room but that's probably because mine was far away from the beach. Alternatively, there is a small shopping mall which is 5 mins walk away from hotel, with restaurants serving Indonesian, Western and Japanese food.

4) Services: This hotel is full of smiles. Every staff smiled at you whenever they passed by and greeted you. They were also helpful when you needed taxis by booking the cheapest "Blue Bird" brands instead of others which turned out to be more expensive. They also had a gym which is good enough for holiday runners but not for those who wanted a hardcore weight training programme. They also had a spa but I didn't try.

5) Swimming Pool: This is definitely the selling point of this hotel. "Sea-salted" was a good gimmick and access from your room straight the way was another! The pool was irregularly shaped so as to accommodate all Lagoon Access rooms, yet this also mean swimming from your room to the central part of the pool was far, as you needed to swim pass couple rooms before reaching there!

However there's some small cons which I'm just being picky - the bathtub is a bit too small to fit 2 people in. Seemed that it's designed for 1 people use only and not for honeymoon-type guests? Also the water basin was poorly designed. Yes it's stylish but not useful since it's too shallow and water would splash out immediately as you turn on the tab!

I guess if there's only 1 thing they need to fix that would be the water basin. Other than that everything was superb and I'd recommend this place for those who wants an "atypical" but stylish break in Bali!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Derek K
LM_Bali, General Manager at Le Meridien Bali Jimbaran, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
Dear Derek K

Greetings from Le Meridien Bali Jimbaran

First of all thank you for taking the time to share in details your recent journey of discovery of Le Meridien Bali Jimbaran.

What can I say? You are right, we are indeed an "atypical" Hotel and it is all about creativity and discovery. In fact it all starts from the arrival where you are escorted from the main entrance to our lobby - or HUB - as we call it, with a buggy. A perfect break from civilization and a great way to discover our unique check in area with a view all over the property.

For the rooms, I have to agree that the lagoon access rooms are just a great getaway and with direct access to a saline pool, it feels like you have your own ocean!

Location is key as well, close to airport but not too close and just a few steps away from the famous Jimbaran seafood cafes.

All that would not be memorable without the service delivery. I am glad that we "ticked" all the right boxes and be assured that this is how it should feel.

Derek K, please may I kindly ask you to private message me regarding the bathroom feedback you shared as I would like to follow up on how this can be worked on.

Once again thank you Derek K and we look forward to have the opportunity to welcome you back!

Greg Gubiani

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (259)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Malang, Indonesia
Reviewed September 16, 2013

I have stayed for two nights, check in 14th September and out 16th September. A warm welcome by the General Manager and his team. I can name it Hotel of Smiles. The staff was so helpful and full of smiles, from the heart. Rooms are super big with a huge balcony overlooking the Lagoon shaped pool. Breakfast excellent. The new roof top bar awesome. We had a birthday of our friend and we got the bottle of Moet & Chandon in the room well chilled and ready to be drunk. We have ordered the birthday cake at 10.00am at the breakfast room and the whole staff sang the birthday song.
The Gelato is so nice and few steps from the Cafe you are at the beach. Location excellent, superb facilities and great team. My favorite hotel in Bali

Room Tip: Room 504 excellent view
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Jerome T
LM_Bali, General Manager at Le Meridien Bali Jimbaran, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
Dear Stylianos K

Greetings from Le Meridien Bali Jimbaran

Wow, such a pleasure to read your review and I really have nothing else to say except Thank You!
Thank you for taking the time to share your recent journey with us and I am pleased to read that you had a good break in Bali!

Looking forward to welcoming you back Stylianos K.

Montreal, Canada
Reviewed September 15, 2013

As a Starwood Platinum member; I was happily surprised by the amazing welcome at the Méridien Jimbaran.
During our trip in Bali, we stayed in various cities (Jimbaran, Seminyak, Kuta, Nusa Dua, Lambok, Amed…) We enjoyed and loved our stay at Le Méridien Jimbaran for various reasons :

1- Awesome Staff, dedicated, knowledgeable and very helpful

2- Modern and spacious suite room, we were upgraded both times we stayed at the hotel, to a suite Laguna Access and the Penthouse.

3- Delightful food, ice-cream shop, Illy Café and simply the best breakfast in the hotels we stayed at.

4- The director Manager Gregory was available through-out our stay with assistance, and advice, and made sure our honeymoon was perfect, he helped also make reservations and change our hotel for the last 4 days of our trip in Bali.

5- Easy access, and free ride to the best beach restaurant and hang out in Bali (Sandara)

I can go on, but simply put; as a business traveler, Having spent over 75 nights per year in the past 7 years. Our stay at the Méridien was truly amazing.

Room Tip: Laguna Suite Access or the Penthouse.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
5 Thank HGuemiri
LM_Bali, General Manager at Le Meridien Bali Jimbaran, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
Dear HGuemiri

Greetings from Le Meridien Bali Jimbaran.

Well, I am glad that as a very frequent traveler you were able to have a good time in Bali, especially for this unique occasion.

It looks like we ticked all the right boxes! and that you were able to explore the facilities of the resort as well as the numerous activities Bali has to offer, whether it is a discovery tour or simply a far niente on the beach or a swim up to our pool bar.

Congratulations! and I trust you will keep on considering us for your next journey to island of the gods!

Singapore, null, Singapore
Reviewed September 12, 2013

This hotel is so special because the staff is very polite, helpful and friendly. They are all ready to help you with their smiles. We really enjoyed our stay. My children enjoy the kids club and the swimming pool. We enjoy the spa treatment. The breakfast was very good.
The room was modern, clean And comfortable.

Room Tip: Lagoon view and lagoon access rooms were fantastic
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Camelyn
LM_Bali, General Manager at Le Meridien Bali Jimbaran, responded to this review, September 13, 2013
Dear Camelyn

Greetings from Le Meridien Bali Jimbaran

Well, you said it all! A perfect journey on the island of the Gods.

Thank you very much for your lovely review and such a treat to read early morning.

We all look forward to have the opportunity to welcome you back at Le Meridien Bali Jimbaran.

Reviewed September 11, 2013

This hotel was everything we wanted it to be. Great hotel, awesome breakfast, yummy ice cream, outstanding staff, good locations and excellent value. My husband and i stayed here for our honeymoon, staff and management were more then accommodating to our needs and special requests. Nothing was too much trouble which made our stay extra special.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank Zinga66
LM_Bali, General Manager at Le Meridien Bali Jimbaran, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
Dear Zinga66

Greetings from Le Meridien Bali Jimbaran

First of all congratulations! and we wish you all the best .

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent stay with us and for such a lovely review.

This is exactly how it should feel and I am glad that we left such a positive memory on this unique occasion.

I trust you will keep on considering us for your next journeys to Bali, the island of the gods.

Reviewed September 4, 2013

I stayed in a lagoon access room and found it very unique with 24 hour access to the lagoon pool off my balcony. The hotel is new and fresh. The staff are also new and a little inexperienced, however, very nice. The decor is refreshing and modern. Great location for the BBQ seafood on the beach. Roof top bar and swim up bar are great. This is not a busy and huge hotel, therefore, giving a more personal feel.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank Sharon G
LM_Bali, General Manager at Le Meridien Bali Jimbaran, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
Dear Sharon G

Greetings from Le Meridien Bali Jimbaran

Thank you for sharing your recent journey with us and for your feedback.

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed the saline lagoon access rooms and indeed they are very unique, feels like having your own ocean in front of you.

Location, location, location! As you mentioned we are right across the famous Jimbaran Bay seafood restaurant and they are a real treat. Being able to offer an array of venues such as Smoqee Sky Bar and its uninterrupted sunset view, Bamboo Chic and its Pan Asian food style to our roof top villas and Celebration Pavilion, gives to Le Meridien Bali Jimbaran a certain uniqueness and a fresh touch to Jimbaran itself.

Being personal is what makes the difference and I am pleased that you had a relaxing stay with us.

Hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back soon.

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed September 4, 2013

I was so....o looking forward to break in Bali. Sun,sand and the sea with quiet moment to chill out with my partner, my dearest love.

I was very impressed with the outlook of the hotel lobby. Beautiful decorated with different shapes and sizes of huge fans and those colorful sofa and chairs scattered around the spacious lobby cum bar, the salt lagoon pool as the main feature of the compound.

We were greeted with friendly and polite staff both at airport and reception. Checking in was as smooth as silk and an upgrade was even thrown in to a lagoon view.
Staff was knowledgeable and helpful when questions how to go about for the day.

The room was huge with a very comfy and beautifully decorated bed with a pair of swarns as it was our anniversary. Sweet !!!

Bathroom was impressive... The bath was filled n decorated with red n pink rose petals... Full of marble n spacious... The only negative was, there isn't a towel rack to place any used face or hand towels.

View for the sunset was beautiful at the sky bar if you don't mind the evening BBQ smoked coming from the seafood Jimbaran which was just opposite the hotel in front of the beach.
Breakfast was ok. By the 4th day, I wasn't looking forward to it...
Bamboo chi do served a mean dish of pig hock. Delicious ! Had it twice...the sweetness n spices infused in the cooking was beautifully blend and soaked up by the soft ,succulent ,tender pork.
It just melt in your mouth.

The hotel compound is very small with only the lagoon pool as the main feature with the depth of 1.2m throughout...
There isn't much space to venture about in the hotel. It's room,pool,spa,lobby,only 1 restaurant , sky bar -1730hrs onwards n gym. I felt trapped in a beautiful condominium feel of a hotel n by day 4th, I wan to get out...
Spent most of our time in sundara for chill out and dinner... Cool place, beautiful comfy n cosy hangout place with Dj spinning plus good happy hours promotion.

All the non management staff were THE BEST !
They remembered and address us each time we cross path, spent time checking n chatting with us, help n suggest where to go and eat...

I will return to Le Meridien not for the hotel but for the service extended by the daily simple happy n polite non management staff that makes us felt so great and comfortable during our week stay.
We are very proud of the staff especially Handy from reception. Job well done !

Room Tip: Join the SPG club. It's free and lots of benefits....free upgrade is one of them..discount for...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank bottegabella
LM_Bali, General Manager at Le Meridien Bali Jimbaran, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Dear bottegabella

Greetings from Le Meridien Bali Jimbaran

First of all, thank you for taking the time to share your feelings on your recent journey with us.

I am glad to read that you enjoyed our culinary discovery and indeed the pork hock is one of our signature dishes. Did you know that our produces come from a local farm in Bedugul and are all organic? hence the taste makes all the difference for the palate.

We are indeed a small and cozy property, where not only the product is important (and I thank you for review on the facilities of the Hotel) but most crucial are our associates.

I believe it is all about the people and how they can make a difference. It is a real treat to read your comments on our team members and how they have left this positive impression by being themself.
We do work hard to ensure the experience remains unique and memorable each time.

bottegabella, once again thank you for your time and I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back. Please do not hesitate to reach out, may I be of any assistance.

PS: Starwood Preferred Guest program is indeed full of rewards and it is free!

Greg Gubiani
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jimbaran
RIMBA Jimbaran BALI by AYANA
Melia Bali Indonesia
#14 of 53 in Nusa Dua
4.5 of 5 bubbles 5,023 reviews
The Westin Resort Nusa Dua

Been to Le Meridien Bali Jimbaran? Share your experiences!