Stayed 4 nights in the Lagoon Access room. This hotel is among the "unusual" ones I've visited - not the typical "luxury" style, but instead selling cozy services to make guests feel like home!
1) Check-in: Nothing formal, "typical" check-in space. Instead the area was coupled with several chairs and tables with computers - just like library for guests to check-in in a very relaxed mood. I found this more personal and of course the welcome drink tasted very good as well.
2) Lagoon Access Room: The room was very spacious with a large bed in the middle of the room. There's a spacious balcony which you can have beer/wine and also access to swimming pool straight the way.
3) Food: Plentiful choices at the breakfast. I only get bored on my last day but that's unavoidable! Apart from typical coffee/tea option, they also served special smoothies which is a must try I would say. Didn't try other hotel food but saw the menu and the prices were acceptable. Jimbaran seafood restaurants were just 3 mins walk away from hotel across the road. The food there was very good and costs about IDR250,000/head, and I didn't smell any BBQ smoke from my room but that's probably because mine was far away from the beach. Alternatively, there is a small shopping mall which is 5 mins walk away from hotel, with restaurants serving Indonesian, Western and Japanese food.
4) Services: This hotel is full of smiles. Every staff smiled at you whenever they passed by and greeted you. They were also helpful when you needed taxis by booking the cheapest "Blue Bird" brands instead of others which turned out to be more expensive. They also had a gym which is good enough for holiday runners but not for those who wanted a hardcore weight training programme. They also had a spa but I didn't try.
5) Swimming Pool: This is definitely the selling point of this hotel. "Sea-salted" was a good gimmick and access from your room straight the way was another! The pool was irregularly shaped so as to accommodate all Lagoon Access rooms, yet this also mean swimming from your room to the central part of the pool was far, as you needed to swim pass couple rooms before reaching there!
However there's some small cons which I'm just being picky - the bathtub is a bit too small to fit 2 people in. Seemed that it's designed for 1 people use only and not for honeymoon-type guests? Also the water basin was poorly designed. Yes it's stylish but not useful since it's too shallow and water would splash out immediately as you turn on the tab!
I guess if there's only 1 thing they need to fix that would be the water basin. Other than that everything was superb and I'd recommend this place for those who wants an "atypical" but stylish break in Bali!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the secluded, tranquil Jimbaran Bay on the south-west coastline of Bali, Le Méridien Bali Jimbaran features majestic views of the Indian Ocean and Jimbaran Bay. Complementing the location, Le Méridien Bali will juxtapose traditional Jimbaran heritage against a contemporary creative space surrounded by serene and refreshing elements of water featuring 75 guestrooms, 35 suites, 4 penthouses and 4 villas equipped with a Lagoon sundeck. The décor reflects a contemporary approach to Balinese from the modern Batik motives, to the artworks that completes the room and finished with the finest marbles.Le Méridien Bali Jimbaran also features a signature 1,300 square-meter uniquely designed saltwater Lagoon pool that is accessible from ground floor guestrooms; Serenity – a space of rejuvenation, with three signature spa treatment rooms, a fitness centre and yoga studio. Children will be engaged with an array of activities and programs with the Kids Club, equipped with the latest gadgets and completed with a dedicated outdoor children’s pool.Le Méridien Bali Jimbaran introduces a gastronomic journey to the Island of the Gods offering discerning travellers four dining venues in a three-storey dining and entertainment complex: The brand’s signature all-day dining restaurant, Bamboo Chic featuring Pan-Asian fused with lost Balinese Cuisine; Smoqee Lounge & Sky Bar, an enchanting spot for cocktails and live music over sunset; Latitude 8, the resort’s lobby lounge overlooking the lagoon offering choreographed cocktails, light snacks and evening tapas; and, WALA, an indulgence of hand crafted gelato or taste of the perfect cup of Illy coffee. Le Méridien Bali Jimbaran offers the signature Le Méridien arrival experience, with signature designed furniture, reflecting ponds and an inspirational artworks. In addition, guest of Le Méridien Bali Jimbaran will also be welcomed at Kendra Art Gallery’s exclusive exhibit space, as a partner of the global UNLOCK ART™ programme.The resort also features the newly-developed Le Méridien Hub experience, which re-interprets the traditional lobby into a social gathering place for creative people to converse, debate, and exchange. Le Méridien Hub offers both guests and locals a creative atmosphere where contemporary, curated artwork sets the environment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotwire, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Agoda, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Le Meridien Bali Jimbaran reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Meridien Bali Jimbaran