“Nice place”

Le Meridien Bali Jimbaran
Ranked #15 of 55 Hotels in Jimbaran
“Nice place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here on our last night for a change from seminyak and to be closer to the airport. We were pleasantly surprised. Beautiful finishes. Great service. Amazing gym. Although they should add gym mating to the floor as wooden floor boards ate impractical.

• Stayed July 2013
LM_Bali, General Manager at Le Meridien Bali Jimbaran, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
Dear markvelasquez

Greetings from Le Meridien Bali Jimbaran.

Thank you for trialing us out and I am glad to read that we did live up to your expectations, as this is how it should feel!
I do hope that next time we will have the pleasure to host for a longer period so you can enjoy all the uniqueness of our property.
Trust you had a safe journey back home!

Greg Gubiani

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (254)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
jakarta
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2013 via mobile

New hotel with lagoon style seawater pool that can be directly accessed by rooms on 1st floor. Service is excellent and breakfast spread has all selection from local favorites to the usual staples. I love the raisins and homemade bread. Kudos to the chef and team.

Rooms are well kept and bathroom is v spacious with a self standing tub in the middle (I stayed in the Avant-garde suite on 5th). The only problem is with hot water which we have to wait for a while after tap is on and the soft water pressure in the shower.

Price for extra bed is steep so if they could lower it in the future will be a great bonus.

For seafood lovers this place does not get any better. It is located right in front of the Jimbaran seafood Resto parking lot. Jimbaran corner is 5 min walking distance and there's a golf cart ready to take us if we choose not to walk.

Will keep this hotel in mind for the next trip.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
LM_Bali, General Manager at Le Meridien Bali Jimbaran, responded to this review, July 25, 2013
Dear berryjap

Greetings from Le Meridien Bali Jimbaran
First of all thank you for taking the time to share to your recent journey with us and for your kind words.
All in all and despite the glitch with the hotel water (will look into it), it looks like we ticked the right boxes and coming from an extensive traveler such as yourself berryjap, it is even more rewarding.

Once again, I do appreciate the feedback and I trust we will have the pleasure to welcome you back many more times.
In the meantime, we wish you as pleasant week end ahead.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2013 via mobile

From the moment we walked in to the stylish, modern open air lobby, the experience at le meridien was seamless and relaxing.  The staff was so warm and helpful and the property itself is impeccably designed.  The salt water pool is a treat - be sure to ask for a room with a walkout to the pool.  Despite not having vegetarian options on their menu, Greg (the general manager) and his staff were very accommodating in whipping up a delicious and creative meal.  Great location - steps to the beach.  Good gelato - but Gaya (Ubud) still holds the number one spot so far!

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Travel B
Dear Travel B

Greetings from Le Meridien Bali Jimbaran.

Thank you for your lovely review and such a delight to read early morning.
I am glad you enjoyed your journey of discovery with us and I have to agree that the saltwater lagoon access rooms are just amazing and there is nothing as good as being to step into the water from the terrace of your room!
I will certainly share your comments with our culinary team on pass on your thanks.
Once again Travel B, thank you for sharing with the world and I trust you will keep a great memory of your trip to Bali.

Looking forward to welcome you back!

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2013

I loved my stay here, the hotel is ultra modern with elements of classic 60s styling with crazy curvy elevated ponds which cascade into the pool below.

The rooms are bright and vibrant with plenty of space, huge bathrooms and easy access to facilities. The staff are ever friendly and will go out of their way to be helpful.

The hotel backs onto the wonderful BBQ fish restaurants which face the beach. I loved this aspect as it gives you a true sense of where you are and easy access to affordable, fresh meals.

The hotel doesn't have direct access to the beach, but it's only a 2 minute walk to the beach. Easy access to the airport and far enough away so you don't get any noise.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
LM_Bali, General Manager at Le Meridien Bali Jimbaran, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
Dear Rayleggott

Well you said it all!
I am very pleased to read that such an experienced traveler as you enjoyed not only the features of the Hotel, but the most important, its talents.

This is exactly how it should feel and I trust we will have the opportunity to welcome you back at Le Meridien Bali Jimbaran.

Once again, thank you for sharing.

Saint Louis, Missouri
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2013

This is a new property and it shows. The rooms are very well kept and the staff are genuine and kind. Unfortunately, there is still a lot of room for improvement.

Rooms:

Comfortable and beautifully appointed. Housekeeping staff does a great job of keeping it clean. The problem is that wifi in the room is so weak that there is no point in trying to log on. Clean and well appointed rooms are very common in Bali. With such a competitive market, something like a poor internet speed is going to make you look elsewhere. Stayed at a Lagoon Access and a regular room. Both of them are pretty much the same.

Breakfast:

Great spread. The food is even better than Bvlgari. Service needs to be polished. Slow at times.

Facilities:

Very well kept and the concept of a salt water lagoon is completely new to me. Love it. The gym room is said to be open 24-7. Unfortunately, it wasn't. When I went there at 9pm, it was locked down and the lights were off. It took 15 minutes for a member of staff to come open it up. Why tell guests it is open 24-7 when it isn't?

Check-out:

The bill was inaccurate and the whole process was very slow. With only three tables, it can take awhile especially during peak check-out times (around 12pm).

SPG:

Little to no SPG Plat recognition aside from check-in.

Overall, this hotel is just ok. With so many hotels to choose from in Bali (and so many quality SPG properties for that matter), the chance of returning to the LM Bali is slim.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank CPA902
LM_Bali, General Manager at Le Meridien Bali Jimbaran, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Dear CPA902

Greetings from Le Meridien Bali Jimbaran

First of all thank you for taking the time to share your feelings on your recent journey with us.
I thank you for your feedback and for recognizing our team members from the housekeeping department to our culinary associates.

I appreciate your comments on the areas that require improvement and thank you for the details. Please may I kindly ask you to private message me, as I would like to follow up on this and ensure that we address your comments.

Once again CPA902, thank you for your honesty and I hope that despite those hiccups you were able to enjoy your Bali retreat.

Jakarta, Indonesia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2013

Excellent!

We stayed for 3D/2N here and our stay was very delightful, as expected from a StarWood hotel. The staff hospitality was great, room ambiance was very nice, the food was superb.

Thanks for Chef Paul for the great food and nice hospitality. I love the personalized coffee treat. The salad bar quality was very great. I tried the fitness center which was facing the pool, a nice running experience. However, the pool was too big and nobody was using the pool, it was quite creepy to be in such a big pool with noone around.

One thing that I felt a bit disturbing is that everytime we go in/out the lobby, we have to use the buggy to reach out car. Quite time consuming.

I will definately stay here again when I am visiting the area.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the pool.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank sberryjubilee
Dear sberryjubilee

Greetings from Le Meridien Bali Jimbaran.

Thank you for your feedback and positive encouragements.
It is a true pleasure to read how you have enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for sharing your journey of discovery with the world.

We do all look forward to welcome you back many more times!

Sofia, Bulgaria
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2013

The road access area for me is not a place for a lux hotel because surrounding by small warong where lots of rubbish, chicken running, and lots of untreated dogs! It made me not comfortable... whilst I always love to walk around the area each time staying in the hotel... The room is lack of furniture and the furniture is not an elegant and luxury furnitures in the room. Washbasin is too flat? I dont how to say but the water always spill off all around the marmer table. Garden no maintenance?? Female Public Toilet in the lobby only has 1 room? .. SPA, a five star hotel doesnt have bathroom in the spa treatment room? Guest come to SPA is for treatment, relaxing, enjoying the moment.. and I have to go to outside bathroom for cleaning after spa??? Staffs are friendly, NO DOUBT! And one question: when we walk around the property, why some of staffs wearing fish tshirt and some in uniform? Are the staff that wearing fish tshirt is outsource staff? For us who always stay in le meridien, that condition is confusing... and the poor facilities made us doubt whether you are le meridien property, a five star hotel or not ...

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
LM_Bali, General Manager at Le Meridien Bali Jimbaran, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Dear ZeeCarl

Greetings from Le Meridien Bali Jimbaran

I am sorry to read that you felt uncomfortable about the surroundings of the property. Please rest assured that it is very safe around the Hotel and being based in a former fishing village, Jimbaran has kept as well part of its local authenticity and roots, making it a unique destination in Bali.
Please may I kindly ask you to private message me as I would like to follow up on your comments about the room and facilities?
In regards to the uniform and the different types of style, our senior leadership team is actually the one wearing the white polo with the blue fish symbols on it. We do walk the property quite often indeed and I am glad that you saw the team around the Hotel.
ZeeCarl, I thank you for your feedback and I do remain available, may I be of any assistance.
I trust that you were still able to enjoy your Bali experience and had a safe journey back home.

Greg Gubiani
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jimbaran
RIMBA Jimbaran BALI by AYANA
Melia Bali Indonesia
#15 of 53 in Nusa Dua
4.5 of 5 bubbles 4,920 reviews
The Westin Resort Nusa Dua

Been to Le Meridien Bali Jimbaran? Share your experiences!