“Nice Boutique-Like Le Meridien on Jimbaran”

Le Meridien Bali Jimbaran
Ranked #15 of 57 Hotels in Jimbaran
Taipei, Taiwan
“Nice Boutique-Like Le Meridien on Jimbaran”
Reviewed July 1, 2013

Friendly and enthusiastic staff clinches it for Le Meridien Jimbaran. That's the property's strongest point. Keep this parameter up and guests are likely to overlook some of the short comings.

First, let's touch on the positives. We spent a few nights in the Lagoon access rooms, which were great: spacious, clean and modern. The double beds were absolutely comfortable and the big bath room + wardrobe real estate a huge bonus. The lagoon access feature was quite nice, but comes at a slight premium of course. Overall, the rooms in terms of comfort and size were impeccable. Strongly recommended.

F&B and facilities are adequate. Saltwater lagoon is nice for a dip and paddle, swim up bar pretty cosy, so is the restaurant Bamboo Chic. Tried the spa, standard is above average.

Now for the slight downside, which like many previous reviews have mentioned, is the BBQ smoke from the neighboring seafood stalls. Not a deal breaker, but something you might be bothered with. We were initially affected, but didn't think too much towards the end. In fact we enjoyed nights of dinner literally two steps from the hotel.

Will I go back? likely: if i want to be a short distance from the airport and a cosy place to stay. The beach is not much, but i would not mind chilling out in the hotel for a day or two.

Room Tip: Lagoon Access are pretty nice touch
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank TRAV3L3R_13
LM_Bali, General Manager at Le Meridien Bali Jimbaran, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Dear TRAV3L3R_13

Greetings from Le Meridien Bali Jimbaran.

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent journey of discovery with us.

I am pleased to read that through out your experience with us, we have been able to deliver consistency, professional and a service that made a difference.
I have to agree with you that having a team of highly motivated and dedicated talents, makes a difference at the end of the day.
I will certainly pass along your kind words to my teams.
The facilities, from the rooms, to the SPA and the food & beverage venues, display an array of creativity and entice one to relax and feel on a real break.
The lagoon access rooms are certainly a must.
I am glad that despite on some occasions, the BBQ smell form our neighbors, though they are notorious, did not bother you much. In fact it open the appetite and it looks like you have enjoyed it too.

TRAV3L3R_13, once again thank you for sharing and I look forward to have the opportunity to welcome you back to Le Meridien Bali Jimbaran

Greg Gubiani

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (262)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed June 24, 2013 via mobile

Staying at june 21 - june 23, we came to the hotel at 7PM, actually that the room were good and very comfortable as any other Starwood in Bali, but for the services still need to be improve especially when handling the guest concerns and need. We came to stay at the hotel but then we realized in our room that the tile on the floor have a big scratch of words, we already complaining this situation but the Front Desk have nothing to do except saying Sorry and will get back to us, its a quite dissapointing when actually the front desk didnt get back To us until we check ing out. Over all, such a beautiful new hotel but with the service need to be improved, compared with any other Starwood hotel in Bali, this is not yet Starwood hospitality.

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank Agungnandito
LM_Bali, General Manager at Le Meridien Bali Jimbaran, responded to this review, June 29, 2013
Dear Agungnandito

Greetings from Le Meridien Bali Jimbaran

First of all thank you for your loyalty to Starwood and for taking the time to share your recent journey to our property.

I am really sorry to read about the inconveniences you had to go through and the fact that we failed in delivering our promises.
Be assured that your feedback is very important to me and taken seriously. I have shared it with my teams as well.
I realize I can not turn the clock back and this experience has marred your overall image of our property.

Agungnandito, I am more than happy to be your point of contact here in the Hotel and should your travels bring you back to Bali, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

I thank you once again for your sharing your recent experience and I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back at Le Meridien Bali Jimbaran and win you back!

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed June 22, 2013 via mobile

Me and husband spent a weekend in June in Le Meridien Jimbaran, a very new and stylish hotel, if you are fancy a traditional Balinese style place, this hotel won't be the right choice.
Pros:
Friendly staff, always willing to help and very polite all the time, salt water pool is lovely, huge room with very stylish interior design,walking distance to Jimbaran beach, pool facing gym and a fantastic spa services, daily 5-7pm good free tapas services

Cons:
Can be very smoky sometimes due to the BBQ seafood restaurant next door, staff needs a bit more training regards informing guest about special events on the roof bar,

Overall we give a 4 out of 5, it's still a new hotel, lots to improve but we are happy to be here.

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Bonnie T
LM_Bali, General Manager at Le Meridien Bali Jimbaran, responded to this review, June 23, 2013
Dear Bonnie T

Greetings from Le Meridien Bali Jimbaran.

Thank you for taking the time to share your feelings on your recent journey with us.

I appreciate your points of improvement and feedback will certainly help us to improve our service delivery.
I am pleased though, that despite some minor hiccups, you were able to enjoy the Resort, its facilities and our friendly team.

Le Meridien Bali Jimbaran combines indeed that modern European feel and design. It brings to Bali and Jimbaran something different and unique, while one can still enjoy the comfortable and very spacious rooms, a unique 1300 sqm free form saltwater lagoon and a indulge in our Serenity Spa, which I am glad you discovered.

Once again thank you for sharing and I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back many times.

Reviewed June 17, 2013

i arrived early morning and decided to put our luggage first at the hotel, we already make our reservation and understand that check in time is at 3pm but the staff is very friendly, they help me and even being so nice with my family who were with me but not staying at the hotel, we all got a welcome drink..super

i got back to the hotel at 5pm and they already take care of everything and all i need to do is go to my room. they upgrade my room into lagoon view with free.. and one look at the room , i am satisfied. it is a very spacious room and chic, the bathroom is heaven, they have a bath tub, shower room and it is also spacious. the staff then provided us with a very good explanation of the hotel and especially about the room. we are well informed.

during our stay, the staff is very friendly and helpfull. once we complaint about the wastafel in the bathroom, the water splash all over. and they directly change it. eventhough it is not much helpfull becauae i think the shape of the wastafel basin that made the water splash all over but i am quite happy with the fast response.
we spend some time at the beautiful swimming pool..and relaxing ..they even share a frozen food for all the guest in the swimming pool area..super environment and service..

too bad they didn't have a restroom with direct access to the swimming pool. they did have one but you have to cross their restaurant, bamboo restaurant.

the breakfast is super..with friendly staff. the coffee is super.i love illy coffee

it was a very nice experience, and i will recomended to all for staying at this beautiful hotel. for a new hotel i think this one has a very good quality. and from what i heard from the staff, they still not in 100 percent condition and trying to improving along the way. so that is very good.. thanks

• Stayed June 2013
2 Thank Karina L
LM_Bali, General Manager at Le Meridien Bali Jimbaran, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Dear Karina L

Greetings from Le Meridien Bali Jimbaran.

First of all thank you for taking the time to share your recent journey with us and for your feedback.
I am glad to read that despite some glitches, our teams have been able to act fast in resolving the inconveniences.

Once again thank you for sharing and indeed we do work hard to deliver a consistent level of service and ensure that each experience at Le Meridien Bali Jimbaran is a memorable one.

I trust you will reconsider us for should your travels bring you back to Bali in the future.

Bali, Indonesia
Reviewed June 14, 2013

From the minute we arrived at the hotel, it felt like paradise, the greeting from staff was very friendly and we were checked in and immediately upgraded to a lagoon access room. The room is truly luxurious, and every need is catered for. We have been her for a week in room 106, and nothing is too much trouble for the staff. They are always smiling, helpful & friendly, without being overbearing. (The cleaners accidentally took my turbie towel, when I asked if they could check in the laundry, they followed this up immediately, whilst they were unable to track it down, they had a special one made which was left with a covering letter, alongside a nice plant, AMAZING,)
We came here to celebrate my 50th birthday, and I will be sad to leave on Monday, but I will definitely be returning next year with friends & family.

Room Tip: We are in room 106 with pool access, easy access to lifts & children's club
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Cacey3
LM_Bali, General Manager at Le Meridien Bali Jimbaran, responded to this review, June 14, 2013
Dear Cacey3

Greetings from Le Meridien Bali Jimbaran

Well first of all Happy birthday! And don’t leave, stay with us. We are more than happy to keep you with us as long as you want.

Thank you for such a lovely review and I trust to have the pleasure to meet you while you are still here!

Melbourne
Reviewed June 7, 2013

I recently enjoyed a 5 night stay at this new property. This is a sleek and modern resort with nautical architectural referencing (Rooftop sails and snazzy fish net light fixtures). We arrived to be told that we had been upgraded to a Lagoon View Room which was a lovely gesture.

The split levelled rooms are incredibly spacious, bright and airy in crisp shades of white and grey accented with turquoise. Bathrooms are also large, featuring a bathtub and separate glassed in rain shower and toilet. There is also a walk in wardrobe which is large enough to house your luggage.

The focal point of the hotel is its beautiful salt water lagoon swimming pool which meanders through the property. They also have great piped music.

There is a criticism however and this has been raised in previous reviews. The hotel sits directly opposite the Jimbaran Seafood BBQ restaurants. Come late afternoon they begin preparation for the evening and if the wind blows inwards you begin to smell the smoke. One night we decided to have dinner at the hotel's restaurant Bamboo Chic which despite being glassed in was soon over taken by smoke, feeding one assumes through the air conditioning. The room became misty, your skin and eyes irritated and it permeated your clothing which required washing to remove the odour.

Likewise the open air Sky Bar perched above the restaurant can also fall victim to smoke. Luckily the night we visited it was not bad.

This really is a serious issue and I am not sure if it can be over come. There is certainly no point opening the restaurant of an evening if this is a regular occurrence.

On a positive note I must make mention of the amazing staff who have been well trained. They are efficient and friendly without being over bearing.

Over all a lovely stay, I would consider staying at Le Meridien again but hope that somehow the smoke situation can be looked at.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Melbourneguy
LM_Bali, General Manager at Le Meridien Bali Jimbaran, responded to this review, June 8, 2013
Dear Melbourneguy

Greetings from Le Meridien Bali Jimbaran

Thank you for your detailed review and for your feedback. I am glad to you enjoyed the resort, its unique features as you have so well described and the most important the level of service delivered.
In regards to the smoke coming from our neighbors seafood restaurants and how it has impacted your dinner, I regret to read its effect.
To provide a remedy to the smoke we have indeed installed a glass wall that rises up the roof bar and reduces considerably its effect.
For the restaurant, I will be looking at what the options are as a culinary experience has to be fully appreciated to discover our Bamboo Chic taste.

Thank you once again for your kind words on our team members and I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back at Le Meridien Bali Jimbaran.

In the mean time, I trust you had a safe journey back home.

Bandung, Indonesia
Reviewed June 6, 2013

We love Le Meridien Jimbaran! Everything is brand new and sparkling clean. The room is very big and very modern. It's one of the nicest room i've been to. The bathroom looks and feels luxurious. The lobby decor is very nice too. The staffs are very courteous and makes you feel welcomed.
If you are planning to eat Jimbaran seafood, its just located right across the hotel.
Since it is a brand new hotel, alot of taxi driver still doesn't know the location of Le Meridien yet.

Room Tip: The lagoon view room are beautiful
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank kebenarans
LM_Bali, General Manager at Le Meridien Bali Jimbaran, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
Dear kebenarans

Greetings from Le Meridien Bali Jimbaran

Thank you for sharing your recent journey of discovery with the world and for your feedback.
Coming from an extensive traveler such as you it is certainly very rewarding to read.
I trust you will keep on considering us for your next trip to Bali.