“new hotel with spacious rooms”

Le Meridien Bali Jimbaran
Ranked #16 of 57 Hotels in Jimbaran
Singapore
“new hotel with spacious rooms”
Reviewed June 2, 2013

Stay here with a group of friends after a few days of diving. The location is good. Near seafood restaurants and these restaurants are beach front. ie, near the beach.

The room is spacious. We had a room with pool access and they are on the ground floor obviously. Huge bathroom!

Service staffs are friendly and are very helpful. Some minor lapses which I didn't really mind. Maybe short of staff because the low occupancy?

Breakfast selection is great and good value for money (there is a 30% discount for guests). The signature dishes are excellent. However, there were 2 occasions when I ordered my drink and they did not come. I just ordered plain straight up coffee. Didn't think they were difficult to remember. But it wasn't a sore point for me as the food was good enough for me to overlook that.

Bottom-line: It was an enjoyable stay for me and my group. Good value for money.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
LM_Bali, General Manager at Le Meridien Bali Jimbaran, responded to this review, June 2, 2013
Dear cmkoh

Greetings from Le Meridien Bali Jimbaran

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent journey with us and for your feedback.
I am glad that despite some minor hiccups you and your friends were able to enjoy our Resort and its features.

The rooms layout is quite impressive I agree and the bathrooms are just a beauty, with the luxurious marble design and the space, it complements the rest of the room. If on top of that you had the experience of the lagoon access rooms, it sets the mood into a holiday mode.
I am pleased you were able to take benefit of our discounts and we do try to always have offers available. Good value for money makes a difference.

cmkoh, I trust you and your friends had a safe journey back home and I hope we will have the opportunity to host you again.

Greg Gubiani

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (265)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed May 31, 2013

Stayed in May just prior to the official opening on a business trip. Upgraded to a lagoon room with balcony pool access which was very nice. Assume the upgrade was because there were very few guests yet due to soft opening but would suggest these are the preferred rooms and provide a sense of calm with the water outside the room. The pool has many tributaries away from the main pool for some added privacy leading to the pool access rooms.
Rooms are large and modern with nice finish. Lovely bed and huge bathroom. Not sure about the glass wall between the shower and toilet? Main room is bright and cheerful like the staff who were enthusiastic if somewhat green in terms of experience. Location is close to airport and beach. Lots of choices for on beach dining a short stroll away.
Breakfast buffet was very good without being an embarrassment of food likely to be wasted. Use the bottled water for drinking and teeth brushing!!!!!!
Internet was not overly reliable with frequent drop outs.
More suited to a couple than business travel. Overall very good with lots of potential to be fantastic once all the final touches and some experience added. Is a fair way from the main tourist area of Kuta (perhaps a good thing) and traffic to those areas is difficult due to road work leading to the APEC summit later this year. As my only visit to Bali I am grateful to have stayed in such lovely surroundings and believe in the future with more guest the buzz of the hotel will pick up.
Highly recommended

Room Tip: Ground floor pool access rooms are a must. No benefit in being on second floor. Some pool rooms are...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
LM_Bali, General Manager at Le Meridien Bali Jimbaran, responded to this review, June 1, 2013
Dear YoungAgain2011

Greetings from Le Meridien Bali Jimbaran

Thank you for sharing your journey with us.
I am happy to read that we have been able to make you discover our lagoon access rooms, which are indeed very popular.
Being able to go straight into our unique saltwater lagoon from the balcony is enjoyable and it indeed produces as sense or soothing and calm to be close to the water.

I will certainly share your feedback on the food with our culinary team. Nothing is as much important a yummy breakfast. After all it is the most important meal of the day.

The layout of the resort allows in fact the light to go through the rooms and with their generous sizes and luxurious features; it makes one feel like at home.

Whether it is for leisure or business, we do cater for both, through our location, close to the airport and to the white sand beaches of Jimbaran, without forgetting the famous sea food restaurant just across the street.

I do believe that feedback is a gift and I appreciate your time taken.

I trust you will keep on considering us should your travels bring you back to the “island of the gods”.

Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed May 30, 2013

We had to kill a cockroach in our room on our first night. Called the front desk and the duty manager came to our room within ten minutes. The DM offered a new room but it was already late and our stuff was all over the room. However there was no other follow up on the next day. The front office manager apologized for the inconvenience only after i sent an email and left a note in the room requesting me to meet him at the lobby "at my best time". Went to the lobby and the FO manager had already left and asked the duty manager to send his apologies. A waste of my time. This is the kind of treatment that a Starwood Preferred Guest receives.

Other than this small hygiene issue and the way the staff handled my inconvenience, it is a nice hotel.

3 Thank APran
LM_Bali, General Manager at Le Meridien Bali Jimbaran, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
Dear APran

Greetings from Le Meridien Bali Jimbaran.

Thank you for sharing your recent journey with us and for your feedback. I certainly regret to read about your experience.
Be assured that your comments are important to me and I appreciate how this has affected your overall image of our property.

APran, I do believe that feedback will help the Hotel to evolve, grow and better its service delivery.
I do remain available, may I be of any assistance and I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back.
Please do not hesitate to reach out to me directly.

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed May 30, 2013

I picked this hotel to stay for our last three days in Bali, after a dive safari around Bali. We wanted to rest and relax and enjoy the resort, and the resort really delivers. We expected some glitches due to its newness, but all in all it was a very pleasant experience.

Good points:
- Free upgrade to lagoon access rooms when we asked at check in time (thank you Franklyn!)
- Yummy welcome drink: tamarind, palm sugar, and pandan leaves, so good!!!
- Awesomely comfortable beds and pillows
- Staff who were eager to please and always friendly, they arranged for a doctor to visit when my friend fell sick, much appreciated!
- Saltwater lagoon accessible from my balcony
- Close proximity to the fantastic seafood places
- Great security, checking on us when we had the door open while waiting for a friend to arrive.
- Fantastic massage at the spa
- Prompt service whenever needed (excluding restaurant service)
- Quiet and peaceful environment
- Quick and efficient check in and check out

Need improvement:
- Confused service at Bamboo Chic. Drinks only arriving after repeated orders and some never arrived, servers getting confused by food orders, and not telling us that the signature breakfast dishes were included in the breakfast set. They also told us we couldn't order a la carte.
- Good spread at breakfast, but a lot of the food were dry and unappetizing when we arrived at 9AM. Smoked salmon had gray edges, stews that had developed a dry crust due to prolonged heating, dishes with congealed sauces. The made-to-order dishes were not any better, our oatmeal souffle arrived completely blackened on top, and the croque madame arrived with the eggyolk already burst and the sauce sloppled on top so it looked supper messy and gross (see pic). The fresh honeycomb was a good concept but there was no honey to be had. I took a slice of Brie cheese that had internal mold--I'm no cheese expert but I've never seen Brie with internal mold. I decided not to eat it.
- Room fixtures falling off, despite being a very new hotel.
- No bath mat on the balcony even though we had a lagoon access pool.
- Mosquito spray was provided but the canister was empty
- Pool bar counter was so high we had to climb on the stool to reach for drinks.
- Airport transfer had no special touches. Maybe I've been spoiled by InterContinental but they give me a cold towel and a bottle of water in the car, and the security guard at the gate gave each of the ladies a rose at arrival--that's what I call service.

All in all, I would come back, but I'd avoid the buffet breakfast.

Room Tip: Splurge for lagoon access pool
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank irenenevada
LM_Bali, General Manager at Le Meridien Bali Jimbaran, responded to this review, May 31, 2013
Dear irenenevada

Greetings from Le Meridien Bali Jimbaran

First of all thank you for your review and feedback.
Please rest assured that I will work with my teams to ensure we address your concerns and I appreciate you raising them as I do believe it will help us go the extra step.

I am glad that despite some hiccups you were able to enjoy our Resorts and its features.

I hope we will have the opportunity to host you again at Le Meridien Bali Jimbaran and please do not hesitate to reach out to me, may I be of any assistance.

Bremerhaven, Germany
Reviewed May 28, 2013

we chose Jimbaran because of the peacefulness and nicer beaches. Although the hotel is not on the beach, its only 3 minutes away. The rooms and facilities are top shape and have a nice design. We had pool access which was nice, but not necessary. The rooms are very big and the bathrooms are amazing! Wifi access isnt the greatest, but its okay. The buffet breakfast is spectactular - don't miss out on that! We also enjoyed the free tapas and ordered drinks at the sky bar during sunset. Wouldnt recommend eating at the hotel for other meals as it is very expensive and there are several other much cheaper options within walking distance. Also dont recommend using the hotel taxi service that is very overpriced. They wanted to charge us $17 for a taxi to the airport and we paid $5 with tip for a metered taxi. We also got our own driver for $20 for a daytrip and their rates were much higher. Just tell them to call you a metered taxi at the front desk. Other than that, we loved everything about the hotel and were sad to leave!

Room Tip: rooms on the left wing (when looking out from the lobby) of the hotel have sun on their balconies du...
1 Thank ashbanana
LM_Bali, General Manager at Le Meridien Bali Jimbaran, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
Dear ashbanana

Greetings from Le Meridien Bali Jimbaran

Thank you for the gift of feedback and I have to agree with you that the size of the rooms and the marble bathrooms are indeed a real comfort.

Jimbaran and its surroundings offer as well a lot of discovery and being closed to the airport it makes it very easy to travel there or actually anywhere, whether on a local cab or on a more comfortable ride.

It is always sad to leave a place you enjoyed and I trust you will keep on considering us for your next journey to the “island of the gods”

Singapore
Reviewed May 28, 2013

We stayed three nights at Le Meridien Jimbaran last weekend. We decided to try out this hotel as it was new and we'd not stayed in Jimbaran area for years. Service was great, staffs were helpful and made our stay enjoyable.

Their salt water pool is something different in Bali. We stayed at the lagoon access room on the first floor, where you could just jump into the pool from your room balcony anytime .Pretty awesome.

It is a beautifully designed small-size resort located at the heart of Jimbaran, quiet yet close to the beach and the beachfront seafood restaurants.

Jimbaran beach in the afternoon is quiet and a great beach to spend your time for swimming or suntanning. In the evening, most of the beachfront restaurants take up the shore line for dining venue. Within a short walk from the hotel, there is Bamboo Spa by L'Occitane , an excellent upscale spa for those who are looking to pamper themselves. There are also few good restaurants/ lounge nearby such as Sundara@Four Seasons Jimbaran, Topeng Restaurant and Balique .

ROOM
Spacious, modern and relaxing. The lagoon access rooms are really recommended. We just wish there were more amenities in the room without having to ask for such as shaving kit, pool towel and extra bath maths for lagoon access room .

Overall, we had a great stay here and would recommend this hotel to our friends who are looking to stay in Jimbaran area.

2 Thank Siera1408
Dear Siera1408

Greetings from Le Meridien Bali Jimbaran.

Location, quality of rooms and service is really all you need to enjoy a stay in Bali. I am glad to read that we delivered our promises and that your experience was a memorable one.

I trust you enjoyed your re-discovery of Jimbaran and I hope we will have the pleasure to host you again in the future.

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed May 27, 2013

Had a great time thanks to the staff of Le Meridien who tried very hard to make this stay an enjoyable one. As Platinum we were upgraded to a very nice Pool suite and spent most of our time in the pool.

The SPG coordinator was simply fantastic and did a great job at welcoming us with the papers, extra bottles of water etc... A very enjoyable stay even if the location is not the best on Bali. A nice addition to the Starwood portfolio with a lower price point.

Room Tip: We stayed in the fantastic Penthouse Suite with pool. That was quite a treat. Ask for room 525, it i...
1 Thank JohnSINSG
LM_Bali, General Manager at Le Meridien Bali Jimbaran, responded to this review, May 27, 2013
Dear JohnSINSG

Greetings from Le Meridien Bali Jimbaran

Thank you for your review and certainly a real pleasure to read how our talents have made the difference!
I will be sure to share with the team.

I agree with you on the Aqua Pool Sky Penthouse. They are really exceptional, with their 246 sqm and double deck, private pool, huge terrace, luxurious marble bathroom…. Very hard not to enjoy them.

Thank you JohnSINSG for sharing and I trust we will have the pleasure to host you again at Le Meridien Bali Jimbaran